Holiday Mandala for sale

Classified ads for those selling merchandise on external sites.
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Holiday Mandala for sale

Post by hexterb »

In case anyone is looking for a Holiday Mandala, I've got one for sale. Please check out the ebay link and let me know if you're interested. I would hate to take this thing out of it's frame but would be willing to for a board member. Let me know if you're interested and we can work a deal on here instead of the Bay. Thanks for looking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322197154543
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: Holiday Mandala for sale

Post by jjttdw »

Has anyone ever taken one of the framed holiday prints out of the frame? I'd be interested in a critique of the quality of the frame job.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Unfortunately Obey does not use UV glass so those in frames tend to have fade marks.

Not saying this is the case for Hexter's mandala print.
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

Most true collectors will have these reframed with good materials because the simple frame jobs that they come in are...well...crapola. My intention was to have it reframed but the money just isn't there so I was hoping to pass it along to another collector. I haven't removed it from the frame because the last thing I want to do is damage the print but if anyone is really interested, I can remove it and see if there are fade marks.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

hey, can someone point me to thread that describes a " true collector" I'm afraid i may have had it wrong this whole time
Conart, i need your assistance here.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

vvk wrote:hey, can someone point me to thread that describes a " true collector" I'm afraid i may have had it wrong this whole time
Conart, i need your assistance here.
It's the opposite of a false collector
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

My point with the "true collector" statement was that I should have coughed up the cash when I first got this piece and had it reframed by a professional here locally and I never would have considered reselling it. It was more a shot at myself than anyone else.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

hexterb wrote:My point with the "true collector" statement was that I should have coughed up the cash when I first got this piece and had it reframed by a professional here locally and I never would have considered reselling it. It was more a shot at myself than anyone else.
I'm more of a hoarder than a true collector.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

jjttdw wrote:
hexterb wrote:My point with the "true collector" statement was that I should have coughed up the cash when I first got this piece and had it reframed by a professional here locally and I never would have considered reselling it. It was more a shot at myself than anyone else.
I'm more of a hoarder than a true collector.
Ha. That's what I would define as a "true collector".
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

sorry buddy, Was not trying to call you out or anything and I was not trying to to send any negativity your way.
the question was genuine in regards to the fact that I always thought that if a artist made/ sent a piece a particular way, thatshow they "intended" it to be viewed, Frankly if i had a holiday piece that was sent to me framed i would keep it that way as i figured it was suppose to be that way. But maybe my thinking was wrong? But then again Im the guy who wonders why would a artist ships you a piece thats worth 10 k in a cardboard box with stryfoam padding. I mean geez, dont most true collectors use wooden crates.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

vvk wrote:

sorry buddy, Was not trying to call you out or anything and I was not trying to to send any negativity your way.
the question was genuine in regards to the fact that I always thought that if a artist made/ sent a piece a particular way, thatshow they "intended" it to be viewed, Frankly if i had a holiday piece that was sent to me framed i would keep it that way as i figured it was suppose to be that way. But maybe my thinking was wrong? But then again Im the guy who wonders why would a artist ships you a piece thats worth 10 k in a cardboard box with stryfoam padding. I mean geez, dont most true collectors use wooden crates.
in this case, i'm pretty sure the artists "intent" was to use the cheapest frames as possible. if you've seen one of the holiday print frame jobs then you would understand there was zero thought to any kind of conservation and the materials are very cheap - which is completely understandable do to the amount of prints that are framed. the wood is extremely cheap and i highly doubt the mat is acid free. they're fine if you aren't a collector and just want to hang something up and if you are a collector, just keep it out of any sun light if you do hang it.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Although it was a while ago, my buddy had a skateshop and the Slayer print they sent him was in a straight prefab frame, no mat/spacers/paper cover, just a bad a$s print rattling around haha.