OFF-SITE COMMERCE RULES! please read before posting

Classified ads for those selling merchandise on external sites.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

OFF-SITE COMMERCE RULES! please read before posting

Post by illyanadmc »

it has been brought to my attention that there are no specific rules posted for this part of the virtual swap meet which is the "supply & demand" subforum. so, please read the following, and note that they are different than those in the wanted and selling/trading areas.

posting:

1. as with the selling/trading subforum, if you wish to advertise specific prints for sale (with a link to an ebay auction, perhaps), you must adhere to the same guidelines:

a. name of print must be the name used in the wiki. if you want to use your own wacky name, you must include a picture. if you want to make me smile, link to the wiki page like this:

Code: Select all

[wiki]Street Weapons[/wiki]
that will make a link like this: Street Weapons

b. MUST include edition number and condition. anything other than mint should be described.

c. MUST have print in hand before you post - see rule number 2 - the edition number and condition must be included.

(please note that it is fine if the information about condition, edition number, etc. is detailed on the site to which you are linking - if it is there, it doesn't have to be here.)

2. if you want to just post a link to a bunch of stuff that you have for sale (e.g., your ebay store or current ebay listings, expressobeans page, some other sort of webstore), that is fine, and you don't have to itemize each and every one of the prints. if you do mention specific prints, however, please adhere to the guidelines listed above.

etiquette:

1. unlike the wanted and selling/trading subforums, banter is totally fine in off-site commerce.

2. having said that (oh, larry david), if you are checking out someone's thread about their ebay store and think to yourself, "oh, i should link to my store, too! my prices are much better for the same prints," please create your own thread. no hijacking of others' threads!

3. be reasonable with bumps. off-site commerce is a bit more laid-back than the wanted and selling/trading areas, but this does not mean that you can bump your thread six hours after you posted it! if you want to remind users that your ebay auctions are ending soon (as in, within the next 24 hours), that is fine. otherwise, please try to keep bumps to a minimum (one per week should be sufficient). this rule is waived if you write a 500 word minimum dissertation on the epic glory of Filth and Fury and include it with your bump.

4: be honest! we don't take kindly to dishonest people.

lastly: these rules are subject to change, and are only here to help protect both parties involved.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.