Suit Orange/Red

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
toyroom
Giant

Suit Orange/Red

Post by toyroom »

Mentioned are the Tokion Suit Poster and the Red w/helicopter

This one is on white paper, numbered with a date of 99

robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Best version IMHO. W/O "Tokien".
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

I'm confused ... so, to date, there are three types of "Suit" prints? (1) Yellow; (2) Tokien-red; and (3) red without "Tokion"? And the last one is extremely rare?
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

Correct on the three versions. If it's a run of 100, I guess it's no more rare than other runs of 100. But these don't pop up all that often. That said, I've never seen the white paper version before. Mine is cream papered, dated 2000.
JErikR
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Re: Suit Orange/Red

Post by Tad Ghostal »

White paper, 9/100, '99.

Different dates mean different runs?
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

I've always wondered, as mine is an AP. So....???
JErikR
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

So can we safely say that there are 4 versions of this print. Yellow, Tokion (Litho?), AP Cream w/o Tokion, and White w/o Tokion. Right?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

I "don't think" there are two runs. Just that different paper was used within the same run. This is around the time the paper switch over was going on I believe. The "Ripped" run has the two different papers too. Also, as we know, Shepard threw some postal paper in a few regular runs, not this one though to our knowledge. So, in short, I would say there is just one run without the "Tokion".
toyroom
Giant

Re:

Post by toyroom »

robotoil wrote:I "don't think" there are two runs. Just that different paper was used within the same run. This is around the time the paper switch over was going on I believe. The "Ripped" run has the two different papers too. Also, as we know, Shepard threw some postal paper in a few regular runs, not this one though to our knowledge. So, in short, I would say there is just one run without the "Tokion".

I understand, but would the dates be different?

AP Cream yr. 2000 and White yr. 1999
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

During this time shepard signed the current year, not the year of the original production. Because some prints took months or years to sell out at this time, many runs will be dated over several years
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
toyroom
Giant

Re:

Post by toyroom »

noverflow wrote:During this time shepard signed the current year, not the year of the original production. Because some prints took months or years to sell out at this time, many runs will be dated over several years

You're right, forgot about that.

But does this mean that there are some AP Cream versions that were from the year 1999 and possibly not AP's?

I was mostly tying to bring to light that there was another version/paper used that wasn't noted on our unabridged print section, ya know, to try to work out some of the confusion as to different versions out there.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

I'll say this, I know the border on my AP Cream 2000 is slightly off. Not sure if it was a test print or what. But kind of like what RT and Noverflow said, it's prolly part of that 1999 run.
JErikR
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Re: Suit Orange/Red

Post by mose »

Okay guys, I have had a hard time following because I just got back from Vegas and my brain is mush.

Could you please check the wiki and post pics of the prints I need to put in, along with any info. you may have?