WIKI: Print of the Year

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

WIKI: Print of the Year

Post by admonkey »

The topic of a particular eBay seller listing everything they sell as being "the print of the year" (regardless of the print and regardless of the year) spurred me on to add a new Print of the Year category to the Wiki.

This category contains the prints that were given the distinction of being Prints of the Year by a vote of the membership here at TheGiant.org.

I figure the collective wisdom of the membership here is as close to being authoritative as we can hope to get (and certainly better than the opinion of certain eBay flippers), so why not make it a search-able feature and a permanent part of the Obey Giant print reference.

Now, on the individual print pages, if a print receives this distinction for its particular year you'll see mention of it at the bottom of the individual print's page. That link will take you to this Wiki Category (which is search-able by entering "Print of the Year" in the Wiki search box):

http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Cate ... f_The_Year

The Category header, in turn, points to this forum thread where the "official" record is currently kept:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1918
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

It is interesting that so many of today's members that are considered the majority or consensus were not here when these polls were taken.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

circa77 wrote:It is interesting that so many of today's members that are considered the majority or consensus were not here when these polls were taken.

That's the nature of the growth of the site and makes perfect sense once you think about it.

I imagine if we'd been around during the writing of the Constitutions of our respective countries (not to compare the two, but to only provide an example), we might have had more say in them than we do now. :D

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

I agree with you 100%. That was my point. I find it interesting that in the space of only one year things could be so dramatically different.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

circa77 wrote:I find it interesting that in the space of only one year things could be so dramatically different.

No kidding. I was looking through old posts this morning and found one from when we'd just hit 300 members. It was from January of this past year. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1829

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Thats a thread for the archives right there, I wonder if Shep would reconsider doing a print for thegiant now...
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

MrMurk wrote:Thats a thread for the archives right there, I wonder if Shep would reconsider doing a print for thegiant now...

Couldn't say, but the good news is, because of his donation of a stencil for last year's fund raising effort, the site doesn't need to raise money to keep it going (at least for a while).

The Mad Monkey Campaign.