Items to add to WIKI

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
smartussi
Giant

Items to add to WIKI

Post by smartussi »

Elephant Peace stencil collage on paper
Chinese soldiers (2?) screen print on wood
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Re: Items to add to WIKI

Post by mose »

smartussi wrote:Elephant Peace stencil collage on paper

Chinese Soldiers HPM on wood is in the wiki, is there a screen print on straight wood(not sure)?

Elephant Peace has been added.
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

mose wrote:
Chinese Soldiers HPM on wood is in the wiki, is there a screen print on straight wood(not sure)?

Yes, there is a screen print on wood (Not the HPM on wood)
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

smartussi wrote:
mose wrote:

Yes, there is a screen print on wood (Not the HPM on wood)

cool, if anyone can send me a pic I'll make a new entry....
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

What about one man army?!?!??!
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Re:

Post by mose »

zanzi123 wrote:What about one man army?!?!??!
Was it an official Shepard Fairey release or was it a private show print using OG graphics?
djsp
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by djsp »

mose wrote:
Was it an official Shepard Fairey release or was it a private show print using OG graphics?
Toyroom could better answer what it "really" was, but it was a print that was designed using Shepard's existing imagery, and was brought to SNO for the man himself to approve imagery wise. I think there may have been another print initially conceived, but Shepard didn't want it to be the show print. He even signed a handful of them. So, is it official? As much as Street Weapons or Day of the Dead in my opinion. J feel free to correct me if I missed something.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

djsp wrote:
mose wrote:
Toyroom could better answer what it "really" was, but it was a print that was designed using Shepard's existing imagery, and was brought to SNO for the man himself to approve imagery wise. I think there may have been another print initially conceived, but Shepard didn't want it to be the show print. He even signed a handful of them. So, is it official? As much as Street Weapons or Day of the Dead in my opinion. J feel free to correct me if I missed something.
Street Weapons and Day of the Dead would not have been included using our original criteria for wiki inclusion. What got them through was A. being sold through obeygiant.com, B. the editions being signed by Shepard, and C. inclusion of OG imagery in the prints + a general changing of the wiki mission from documenting all the prints from the Obey Giant campaign only to documenting all of Shepard's art. I mean, originally the blk/mrkt prints weren't included because they were not Obey Giant campaign pieces.

Personally, I don't and never have viewed One Man Army as meant for the wiki. It reminded me of other uses of Fairey imagery to promote shows, like the Space 1026 ones featuring Visual Disobedience and Nixon, that I just don't consider 'official' and part of the canon.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

mose wrote:
Street Weapons and Day of the Dead would not have been included using our original criteria for wiki inclusion. What got them through was A. being sold through obeygiant.com, B. the editions being signed by Shepard, and C. inclusion of OG imagery in the prints + a general changing of the wiki mission from documenting all the prints from the Obey Giant campaign only to documenting all of Shepard's art. I mean, originally the blk/mrkt prints weren't included because they were not Obey Giant campaign pieces.

Personally, I don't and never have viewed One Man Army as meant for the wiki. It reminded me of other uses of Fairey imagery to promote shows, like the Space 1026 ones featuring Visual Disobedience and Nixon, that I just don't consider 'official' and part of the canon.
I hear ya. I can understand the logic.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

djsp wrote:
mose wrote:

I hear ya. I can understand the logic.
Yeah, but after thinking about it more I realized we included: http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Manu ... tent_Print" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which, on its face, isn't too different. Although, I think it was put out by Shepard instead of being an in-house production of the Walker Arts Center.

All-in-all, I am confused and am going to think on it a bit....
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

well if thats in there one man army should be. But I am biased because I love that print.
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P