Rose Shackle and other various sources

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
whynot1
Posse

Rose Shackle and other various sources

Post by whynot1 »

I have been meaning to post these for some time.

Enjoy

This is from the book "Russian Criminal Tattoo Encyclopedia" and was on a female prisoner.

These 2 scans are from Chinese clipart/masthead books from the late 60's/early 70's. They are FULL of great images and Shepard has recreated a handful of these over the years. The first scan, second image from left-top row, was used, IMO, for the Chinese Building print. The second is a handful of images that were used as inspiration for the Chinese Banner prints.

I have to say that this is probably one of the most influential books that Shepard has in his library. Pieces of this book have been use for a number of prints. The most notables are below.

These backgrounds have been used for various prints including the money series to Joey Ramone.

Don't think I have to tell you what this one is.

Full size... The basis for Two Sides. Various elements from the book were used in the creation of Two Sides.

Last edited by whynot1 on Fri May 01, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
add 'em
Swindler

Re: Rose Shackle and other various sources

Post by add 'em »

excellent finds...i was actually wondering about rose shackle recently..now work on the arab woman source.. :D
add 'em subtract 'em
Herr_E
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Herr_E »

great finds!
thank you.