Firefox cookies?

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Firefox cookies?

Post by MunkeyPants »

When browsing the forum in Firefox, it doesn't record that I've visited a thread and remove the new post icon until I visit the thread twice. Does this happen to anyone else?
Submit. Rapture.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Try deleting your forum cookies (should be a link at the bottom right of each page), then logging out of the forum (using the log out link) and then logging back in.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Tried that twice, no cigar. :-(
Submit. Rapture.
noverflow
I think I started this

Re:

Post by noverflow »

This is really strange because this is actually saved in the database now, and isn't really relying on cookies to track this. (Why you can jump from computer to computer without messing with what is read and what is not).

But it works fine in other browsers?
MunkeyPants wrote:Tried that twice, no cigar. :-(
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Yep, works in Safari and on the iPhone (love the jumping aspect). And my version of safari darkens this forum as I scroll - 'til it goes black (and EB too). It's like I have an anti-poster/print virus. lol
Submit. Rapture.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

MunkeyPants wrote:Yep, works in Safari and on the iPhone (love the jumping aspect). And my version of safari darkens this forum as I scroll - 'til it goes black (and EB too). It's like I have an anti-poster/print virus. lol
that darkening issue isn't related to this site or any other site.

repair your permissions. it's a known issue with the new safari and from what i've read repairing permission fixes it. i always repair permissions after i install anything so i didn't see the issue.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by MunkeyPants »

fribhey wrote:
MunkeyPants wrote:Yep, works in Safari and on the iPhone (love the jumping aspect). And my version of safari darkens this forum as I scroll - 'til it goes black (and EB too). It's like I have an anti-poster/print virus. lol
that darkening issue isn't related to this site or any other site.

repair your permissions. it's a known issue with the new safari and from what i've read repairing permission fixes it. i always repair permissions after i install anything so i didn't see the issue.
Tried that 3 times, no success. I'll have to go look at the apple support site to see what gives. I didn't figure it was the site, but at least I know it's not just me with the issue. Danke.
Submit. Rapture.