updated the wiki

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: updated the wiki

Post by illyanadmc »

whoa, that's awesome. is it signed?

it's tough to add untitled pieces to the wiki, because the title of each fine art entry is the title of the piece. but i'll try to figure something out.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

illyanadmc wrote:
Gigantico wrote:What about the BNE give-away dollars? I imagine there will be future questions when these pop up.
good question. i saw the almost-complete composite image of them. i think i'll wait until that's complete before adding a wiki entry. i guess they're considered to be fine art?
Not sure you want to open that can-o-worms :lol: (but yeah it would probably fit better on the fine art side of the wiki)..

But it did say it was a edition of 4, this one being 2/4. I've only seen mock ups of the completed image.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

Gigantico wrote:
illyanadmc wrote:
Gigantico wrote:What about the BNE give-away dollars? I imagine there will be future questions when these pop up.
good question. i saw the almost-complete composite image of them. i think i'll wait until that's complete before adding a wiki entry. i guess they're considered to be fine art?
Not sure you want to open that can-o-worms :lol: (but yeah it would probably fit better on the fine art side of the wiki)..

But it did say it was a edition of 4, this one being 2/4. I've only seen mock ups of the completed image.
oh, so there are four sets of the bills? rad.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

illyanadmc wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
illyanadmc wrote:

oh, so there are four sets of the bills? rad.
That's what it seems like. Wonder if the other 3 are chopped or uncut.
HRE
Punk

Post by HRE »

illyanadmc wrote:whoa, that's awesome. is it signed?

it's tough to add untitled pieces to the wiki, because the title of each fine art entry is the title of the piece. but i'll try to figure something out.

Thanks Illyanadmc, is really nice in the flesh sorry for the bad pictures I can take some more in better light if needed.

it is signed in the top right, you can just about make it out here.
It seem to be made out of 3 different parts of paper then stuck together one main part in the middle then two outer bits of paper

HRE
Punk

Post by HRE »

Finally got around to taking some better picture of these piece. Still not in a frame but will be going next month.

rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

the guy who commisioned both of them sold one of each on Ebay.

Red Bull is an edition of 500,
printed on white paper
http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Red_Bull

I didnt see this in the database, this is from 2005 SXSW festival made for URB Magazine 18 x 24 signed only
this pic was from EBeans.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

thanks, rlbchef. i've updated the red bull print listing and also added the URB print: http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/URB_Magazine
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Any idea when the wiki will be updated? No rush.
Thanks.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

hopefully soon - i know, it's been quite awhile! i usually do it at work, and i've just gotten so much busier over the past year. i need to carve out a few hours at home to take care of it.

any specific reason you're asking? or just general curiosity?
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

just did a big update, including the americana set and all its prints. let me know if i missed anything!
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

As always, thanks for your effort!
Cheers!
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

adambad wrote:As always, thanks for your effort!
Cheers!
+1. Thanks a bunch!!
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modest-Mouse-BL ... 0079346629

A couple of these have sold recently on ebay, numbered out of 250 and signed. Wiki says Run Size Unknown and Litho; these were sold on ebay as screenprints.

Also, someone listed a poster on ebay today as being by Shep. Not in the wiki at all as far as I can tell:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-SH ... 2325db40cb

Claim on this auction is late 1990s. Not signed or numbered, and an odd size. Legit?

Thanks!
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

thanks - i've updated the wiki entry for modest mouse (didn't realize it was already in there - my reading comprehension wasn't on full strength when i originally read your post).

not sure about the richard dale one, although it does look legit. anyone else want to chime in?
HRE
Punk

Post by HRE »

Hi illyanadmc
Have you managed to add my piece to the wiki???

HRE wrote:
illyanadmc wrote:whoa, that's awesome. is it signed?

Thanks Illyanadmc, is really nice in the flesh sorry for the bad pictures I can take some more in better light if needed.

it is signed in the top right, you can just about make it out here.
It seem to be made out of 3 different parts of paper then stuck together one main part in the middle then two outer bits of paper

illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

hey, sorry, i totally dropped the ball on that! it's taken care of now: http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Unti ... e_on_Paper
HRE
Punk

Post by HRE »

Amazing Thank you illyanadmc.