feedback thread discussion

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

feedback thread discussion

Post by alwaysalx »

illyanadmc wrote:really? you've been a member here for over two years, and you haven't yet figured out that feedback goes in the feedback thread? and just because you don't post the word "bump" in your comment doesn't mean it won't bump the thread. i've PM'd you before about posting banter/comments on wanted/selling threads, so it's not like this is news to you. it may not be the best way of doing things, but it's the way we've always done them, and the system has been working pretty well so far. if you don't agree, feel free to complain in the proper area of the form (giant vs. giant or website).
yes, i have indeed been pm'd in the past on numerous occasions about ill placed postings. i honestly actually never realized there was a Feedback Thread, (hahaha, i'm such a stoner). i 100% respect your forum, don't get me wrong. this forum helped me procure my first Jose Parla, Banksy, Obey HPM, ... and has taught me an unbelievable amount about art and Shepard. i guess my mind works a little differently when it comes to posting praise or issues about a sellers competence.

I find it redundant to post positive feedback in a completely different thread

So if i am looking to know if a specific seller is a good guy or a kellum/rata/kevron. i would have to search through the whole Feedback Thread looking for a specific seller's or buyer's comments corroborating or outing their shipping & packing prowess. doesn't that sound a tad bassackwards?

i think when it comes down to it, i guess my brain has been expressofied. i didn't even notice things like Feedback Threads, (hell, i could have even posted in one in the past, who knows!!) it could be the weed. i concentrate on building my collection thru the buying and selling threads, the release discussions and new artists (like Atle...)

--> on a completely irrelevant side note, i am anxiously awaiting the obey mystery tube sale - so psyched!!!

no disrespect implied in any of the above email, please don't think i am being rude, i am just thinking/rationalizing out loud with you.

cheers
'the best things in life, are not things!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: Ton'O Prints (Banksy, Shepard, Parla, etc.)

Post by Patillac13 »

alwaysalx wrote:I find it redundant to post positive feedback in a completely different thread
The feedback thread would be the better place to leave feedback. These sale threads will likely be forgotten about, deleted, closed, etc down the road whenever the sale is over. It might be redundant, but it'd be better posted at the other thread for sure. Just copy and paste it all. I personally don't see a problem if a buyer posts a positive note about a sale on the sale thread like this, after they received their print and everything looks good... but this specific thread has been bumped too often as is.
alwaysalx wrote:So if i am looking to know if a specific seller is a good guy or a kellum/rata/kevron. i would have to search through the whole Feedback Thread looking for a specific seller's or buyer's comments corroborating or outing their shipping & packing prowess. doesn't that sound a tad bassackwards?
You can search that whole feedback thread for usernames (using the search function)... making it a very slick place to find out if if you want to deal with someone. If you would just leave stellar feedback for Bonesy in this sale thread... and someone searched the feedback thread for Bonesy feedback, they would completely miss it. With that said, how about no one bumps this thread again for a couple weeks? :wink:
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: feedback thread discussion

Post by illyanadmc »

the forum has a search function which you can easily use to search the feedback thread for posts about a specific user. sure, it's not the best search function, and i don't think that you can search within a specific topic, but you can search within a specific subforum (so, you'd choose the selling/trading subforum for your search). and since we cull topics in the wanted and selling/trading areas after a certain amount of time (three months, IIRC), you shouldn't get too many results from users' actual selling threads when you search. in fact, when you search for a username as a keyword (as opposed to an author, with is what you should be doing in this sitution), you shouldn't get any results from users' selling threads.

for example, when i search "bonesy" in the selling/trading area, i get 10 results, all of which are from the feedback thread. works like a charm!
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: Ton'O Prints (Banksy, Shepard, Parla, etc.)

Post by illyanadmc »

Patillac13 wrote:
alwaysalx wrote:I find it redundant to post positive feedback in a completely different thread
The feedback thread would be the better place to leave feedback. These sale threads will likely be forgotten about, deleted, closed, etc down the road whenever the sale is over. It might be redundant, but it'd be better posted at the other thread for sure. Just copy and paste it all. I personally don't see a problem if a buyer posts a positive note about a sale on the sale thread like this, after they received their print and everything looks good... but this specific thread has been bumped too often as is.
pat brings up a good point - it's not going to do a seller or buyer very well to post feedback directly to their thread, instead of the feedback thread, because, as i said in my post, threads in the buying and selling/trading areas are deleted after a few months of inactivity. so that feedback will eventually be deleted from the forum. since the feedback thread is being updated at least weekly, it will never be culled by the forum software. another great reason to use the feedback thread!
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

ok ok, now i see the logic behind it. it definitely makes a lot more sense now. i never knew that sales threads are deleted after a spell of inactivity. i just assumed (enter cheezy sentence here) that they languished until the original author re-bumped the thread up to the top.
cheers and thanks :)
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

personally, i like the ease of searching the feedback thread. i regularly point potential buyers to it like this:
put my name in the "search this topic" box on this page: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1354
that god bud is putting a hurtin on you dude :wink: :lol:
on point like a decimalist?
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

whyhoo wrote:personally, i like the ease of searching the feedback thread. i regularly point potential buyers to it like this:
put my name in the "search this topic" box on this page: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1354
ooh, you can search individual threads! even better than my suggestion. thanks, whyhoo - i guess my skills of observation need a bit of help, as well.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

whyhoo wrote:personally, i like the ease of searching the feedback thread. i regularly point potential buyers to it like this:
not the god bud, it's the durn kush. it's crushing me dude, caught myself drooling the other day. haha
do i know you?