Updated the crepe out of the wiki

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
I messed up a TON of stuff I am sure. Sadly I got to get to bed. Let me know of the things that need fixing.
Hopefully you can actually "login" - Speaking of that.... There is no longer a login for the wiki and the forum. You login to the forum only and the wiki uses that login. So if you log out of the forum, you do so for the wiki too. Ill need to see about the username thing. I think Fib is going to have issues because of the name change.

Also.. As you can see, I changed the skin a lot. It matches the forum now

Why did I do this? Well. I upgraded the wiki software and a ton of thing broke, so going back to what we had was going to be harder.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

I now get this when I click on "prints" from the forum

Imag


I think its Martian or Saturn-ese ?
User avatar
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Dec 15, 2011

Fixed itself now .....but it's a lot "plainer" in its feel?
User avatar
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Dec 15, 2011

yeah, It should be. The old design had so many borders around everything. This should look a lot like the forum now.

Fattyramone wrote:Fixed itself now .....but it's a lot "plainer" in its feel?
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

Nice! Looks good.

I seem to have lost the links to view recently uploaded pictures and updated pages. Are they still on there somewhere?
User avatar
Solar
Giant
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: May 8, 2007

Working on it now. They are at the bottom for now. Not sure the best way to do the nav yet.

Solar wrote:Nice! Looks good.

I seem to have lost the links to view recently uploaded pictures and updated pages. Are they still on there somewhere?
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

Solar wrote:Nice! Looks good.

I seem to have lost the links to view recently uploaded pictures and updated pages. Are they still on there somewhere?

those links are in the footer navigation, scroll to the bottom of the page.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10648
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

Got to go to work. But now, you get an ugly sidebar if your browser window is over 1100px wide.
I just need time to make it look better.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

noverflow wrote:Got to go to work. But now, you get an ugly sidebar if your browser window is over 1100px wide.
I just need time to make it look better.

adam, what about adding another nav bar between the header graphic and the nav bar with "page, discussion, etc" and add drop down menus to those items. seems that those side bars are all lists so it's not hard to turn those into drop downs with css. here's a quick mockup:

Imag
Last edited by conartstudio on Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10648
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

Ill check it out.
I just got swamped at work. So it may be a few days. We'll see.

conartstudio wrote:
noverflow wrote:Got to go to work. But now, you get an ugly sidebar if your browser window is over 1100px wide.
I just need time to make it look better.

adam, what about adding another nab bar between the header graphic and the nab bar with "page, discussion, etc" and add drop down menus to those items. seems that those side bars are all lists so it's not hard to turn those into drop downs with css. here's a quick mockup:

Imag
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

Started this process.
It's going to take some time - Im pretty swamped with work till next week.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

Main page of the wiki has a lot of changes now. Needs the content to be spruced up a little.

http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can edit it here:
http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... ction=edit
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

Amazing job! The red bar/black type headers hurts my eyes though. Not that I would've done better.
Also also, (not sure if this has been covered) but I can add pieces to my collection, yet I don't see a tab where I can view my collection.
User avatar
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Jul 14, 2011

Yeah... where was that link before?
collection/


sweetjesus wrote:Amazing job! The red bar/black type headers hurts my eyes though. Not that I would've done better.
Also also, (not sure if this has been covered) but I can add pieces to my collection, yet I don't see a tab where I can view my collection.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

if memory serves, it was at the top left beside the hotlinks for prints & wiki & forum
User avatar
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Jul 14, 2011

Also , when you now go to "add print to you collection" it gives you this bit of a mess , you can't read the text under the images (top left)

Imag
User avatar
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Dec 15, 2011

Thanks.
fixing.

Fattyramone wrote:Also , when you now go to "add print to you collection" it gives you this bit of a mess , you can't read the text under the images (top left)

Imag
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

That's a lot better ....back to old way.

:D
User avatar
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Dec 15, 2011

But still no easy /visible way to "view your collection" , other than to click the button that you posted in this thread a few posts up.
User avatar
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Dec 15, 2011

That's fixed now too.
I still havn't come up with a good enough drop down in the wiki. Hence that still sucks.

Fattyramone wrote:But still no easy /visible way to "view your collection" , other than to click the button that you posted in this thread a few posts up.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

adam,

i happened to notice the image for Adopt Gold Offset is not showing so i looked at the source code and it's wrong. The source code has "Adopt Gold.jpg" as the file name (the space in the file name is breaking it) but i believe it should be "Adoptgold.jpg" (no space and lower case g) which is the same image as the non offset version.

i would edit it myself but it seems some of the pages, maybe it's just the older prints in the wiki, don't have an edit button for me and when i click on view source, this is what it says:

Code: Select all
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

This page has been protected to prevent editing or other actions.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10648
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

That should be fix for you now. You should have admin rights now.


conartstudio wrote:adam,

i happened to notice the image for Adopt Gold Offset is not showing so i looked at the source code and it's wrong. The source code has "Adopt Gold.jpg" as the file name (the space in the file name is breaking it) but i believe it should be "Adoptgold.jpg" (no space and lower case g) which is the same image as the non offset version.

i would edit it myself but it seems some of the pages, maybe it's just the older prints in the wiki, don't have an edit button for me and when i click on view source, this is what it says:

Code: Select all
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

This page has been protected to prevent editing or other actions.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

adam,

tried adding a few pieces to the wiki and when i tried to upload an image i get this error message:

Code: Select all
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/b/ba".


looks like i was the last to add something (last to add an image anyway) to the wiki and that was on may 28th.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10648
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

Man... that one was a pain.
It should be fixed now.

conartstudio wrote:adam,

tried adding a few pieces to the wiki and when i tried to upload an image i get this error message:

Code: Select all
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/b/ba".


looks like i was the last to add something (last to add an image anyway) to the wiki and that was on may 28th.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
User avatar
noverflow
I think I started this
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: Providence

noverflow wrote:Man... that one was a pain.
It should be fixed now.

conartstudio wrote:adam,

tried adding a few pieces to the wiki and when i tried to upload an image i get this error message:

Code: Select all
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/b/ba".


looks like i was the last to add something (last to add an image anyway) to the wiki and that was on may 28th.

thanks adam,

one more issue, i was able to upload images with no problem but now i can't add an article. the form field to add a new article is missing from the wiki and i can't find it anywhere. i thought maybe it would be listed here: http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Special:SpecialPages but i don't see it. i think the only place that was ever on was the wiki homepage.

when you go to the homepage of the wiki, the left hand column says this:

Create a...

UNIQ7c95526c5cefa3b9-createbox-00000000-QINU

UNIQ7c95526c5cefa3b9-createbox-00000001-QINU

UNIQ7c95526c5cefa3b9-createbox-00000002-QINU


i believe those missing boxes were the create an article form.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10648
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

Next

Return to Website

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron