Summer is here... What needs doing?

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
noverflow
I think I started this

Summer is here... What needs doing?

Post by noverflow »

So now that summer is here again, I have time to work on the site.

Anything you would like to see done/ added?

New look?

I want to redo the wiki, but the skin I made is not compatible, so I shall see what happens with that.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
bleuachdu
Posse

Post by bleuachdu »

Maybe a feedback system for buyers sellers that displays a rating in the user info panel? The thread is great, but can be cumbersome when it comes to searching/finding users for a new deal.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

I beta tested this already... I hated the interface... was way too much like ebay.

That and it transformed the site to revolve around sales/purchases.
bleuachdu
Posse

Post by bleuachdu »

You / we(site members) could develop a scratch system thats less "ebay."

Or maybe even just a simple +/- rating that doesn't have to revolve around purchases. I know there are some canned mods like this that are very simple and unobtrusive.

Here are some other ideas:

1. Maybe some sort of Wiki user-optimization. It is useful, but not very navigationaly friendly, or easy to use for a first timer. I don't really have a suggestion or solution for this, I just think some sort of retooling would be beneficial.

2. Any way to share data with expressobeans? I love the collections/wanted lists there. I know it's easy enough to put a link in my profile or signature, but if there was a way the two sites could dynamically share actual data it could be an interesting integration

3. Maybe give Jason an actual blog? phpbb is great, but it certainly has its limitations (see: searching). If I could subscribe to an rss feed from the Obey Bachelor, I certainly would. This could also boost traffic and give you some further exposure/cross promotion opportunities for revenue.

4. Some design contests or interactivity for the community here would be great! It would be a solid way to bring in new members and make new friends amongst the current membership.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Im not a php developer sadly, so there is very limited things I can do from scratch. The founder of expressobeans is however. :D

Anyone is welcome to rewrite the wiki or the forum if they want... I just dont know who would want to put in hundreds of hours doing so other than me.

I thought about giving jason a blog... the upped popularity of the site however is not the bast. Im pushing 100gb of bandwidth, and a bit of ram. cpu usage... too much more and I will have to go to a virtual dedicated host, and thats a bit more expensive.
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

we need a automated thegiant mod that automatically orders Obey prints when they are released, we just log in set it up, and click which print we want 1 hour prior and boom it logs into obey gets the print, pays through paypal and boom UPS delivers it to our door.

is this possible, would be a major asset to the site?
I would pay a subscription fee.
haha
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

We already have a version of this. Its called express checkout.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Oh... I guess it's only available to the mods... sorry.
Herr_E
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Herr_E »

:-)
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

There is obviously lots of creative people on here so I was thinking it would be cool to have a section devoted to art and design in general.

A place for people to share tips and techniques on stencil and street art, digital design, art products, photography and anything else related to the creative process.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

bleuachdu wrote:Here are some other ideas:

1. Maybe some sort of Wiki user-optimization. It is useful, but not very navigationaly friendly, or easy to use for a first timer. I don't really have a suggestion or solution for this, I just think some sort of retooling would be beneficial.

2. Any way to share data with expressobeans? I love the collections/wanted lists there. I know it's easy enough to put a link in my profile or signature, but if there was a way the two sites could dynamically share actual data it could be an interesting integration

3. Maybe give Jason an actual blog? phpbb is great, but it certainly has its limitations (see: searching). If I could subscribe to an rss feed from the Obey Bachelor, I certainly would. This could also boost traffic and give you some further exposure/cross promotion opportunities for revenue.

4. Some design contests or interactivity for the community here would be great! It would be a solid way to bring in new members and make new friends amongst the current membership.

Im diggin on some of these.... i really like 2 and 4
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
art_daddy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by art_daddy »

MrMurk wrote:There is obviously lots of creative people on here so I was thinking it would be cool to have a section devoted to art and design in general.

A place for people to share tips and techniques on stencil and street art, digital design, art products, photography and anything else related to the creative process.

I think that's a cool idea. I know it could all go in pretty vacant but I'd like to see it's own spot. There are a lot of creative/artistic people on here.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

If someone wants to create an api with expressobeans so that our databases can work with eachother, im all for it. I just dont see how.

I am just imited to what the software does on its own, with a few minor adjustments.