auto notify of new prints?!

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
bboygraphix
Giant

auto notify of new prints?!

Post by bboygraphix »

adam,

is it possible to set up an "auto-notify" email for when new prints go up on obeygiant.com? people can sign up for the mailing list and whenever people see a new print they can submit it to the auto-notify system and it will mass-email that list about the new print... :D of course privacy and administrator requirements would have to be worked out. i just dont remember or have the time to check obeygiant.com everyday for new prints...

just a thought from a fellow web developer :)
noverflow
I think I started this

Re: auto notify of new prints?!

Post by noverflow »

I could set this up.
there are a few problems I would have to work out.
But im putting in 12+ hours a day in studio at school.

Im typing this from there right now.

So it may have to wait.

-A

bboygraphix wrote:adam,

is it possible to set up an "auto-notify" email for when new prints go up on obeygiant.com? people can sign up for the mailing list and whenever people see a new print they can submit it to the auto-notify system and it will mass-email that list about the new print... :D of course privacy and administrator requirements would have to be worked out. i just dont remember or have the time to check obeygiant.com everyday for new prints...

just a thought from a fellow web developer :)
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Ok... so it is crude... but I have a mailing list set up, so if you email the address it will send to everyone on it.

You must sent from your subscribed email address (to keep out spam)
This will be for new print notification only!

If you want an email address added, PM it to me.
You will receive an email w/ instructions on how to use it.

We will need to set up rules so it does not get annoying. We dont need 10 posts about new prints. so before you send one, check your email to make sure you were not beat to the chase.

Also, I know this will resort to more people getting to the site and posting about it before I can. But I will still be posting about new prints on the front page, and because of this, they will be in the "News from the front" area.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

Thanks Adam... sounds great. Hopefully this is helpful for people.