User Spotlights! Come one, Come all.

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
noverflow
I think I started this

User Spotlights! Come one, Come all.

Post by noverflow »

We at the giant love the users of this site. But we know there is so much more to you then just OG. So we want to start doing User Spotlights.

This is an opportunity for you to showcase your projects (no, they do not need to be art related), and we will put them on the front of the site, and in the forum.

Have a web site you are trying to get off the ground? Working on your own custom bike? Just made your own garage recording studio? We want to see it.

It will not only help show off your talent, it will help us connect in with things we didnt even know we had in common.

So what do you say?
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
extremeimages77
Giant

Re: User Spotlights! Come one, Come all.

Post by extremeimages77 »

wonderfull idea...
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

great idea!
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

sounds good to me
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

great idea.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Sounds good, iv got a few things im working on at the moment that id like to get more widely seen, great idea!
TinManOne
Giant

Re:

Post by TinManOne »

slidingaround wrote:Sounds good, iv got a few things im working on at the moment that id like to get more widely seen, great idea!

Ditto...

This is one of the better ideas here at the giant along with the art comps...
I hope this actually happens
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Sweet.. I do architecture for a living and here is a project of mine that just completed construction last month.
The project is a school for autistic children in Houston, Texas. I designed and did the construction documents for this project while working for Curry Boudreaux Architects (have to give credit where credit is due). Hope you enjoyt the color scheme.

Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

Pretty sweet. Are those precast panels?
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

A combination of Tilt-wall panels (using a chemical stain not paint) and rigid frames metal building components.I guess the other things i forgot to mention.. 33,000 sf. @ under $100/SF (cheap, cheap, cheap). In case anyone was interested.

Typhoon wrote:Pretty sweet. Are those precast panels?
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

dirtyd0369 wrote:A combination of Tilt-wall panels (using a chemical stain not paint) and rigid frames metal building components.I guess the other things i forgot to mention.. 33,000 sf. @ under $100/SF (cheap, cheap, cheap). In case anyone was interested.

The panels are concrete made off-site right, and delivered to the job, put in place by a crane?

dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Tilt-wall panels are concrete panels that are cast flat directly on top of the slap then tilted into the vertical position by the use of a crane. Tilt-wall is also known as tilt-up construction and is generally used in warehouse buildings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt_up

Typhoon wrote:
dirtyd0369 wrote:A combination of Tilt-wall panels (using a chemical stain not paint) and rigid frames metal building components.I guess the other things i forgot to mention.. 33,000 sf. @ under $100/SF (cheap, cheap, cheap). In case anyone was interested.

The panels are concrete made off-site right, and delivered to the job, put in place by a crane?
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

so have you got a website?
can we see some more :D
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

dirtyd0369 wrote:Tilt-wall panels are concrete panels that are cast flat directly on top of the slap then tilted into the vertical position by the use of a crane. Tilt-wall is also known as tilt-up construction and is generally used in warehouse buildings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt_up

Typhoon wrote:

Cool. Never heard of that. I ran the QC dept. for an Olcastle Precast East, Inc. plant in CT about 10 years ago. Very interesting stuff. Must be way more cost effective than precast. Thanks for the info.

noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Awesome stuff. You should write something up and email the pics over. Then we can do a blog an post in the forum.

I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Sweet. Not sure how this worked. I figured we were just supposed to post things on here..

noverflow wrote:Awesome stuff. You should write something up and email the pics over. Then we can do a blog an post in the forum.

dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

No website of my own... Plus it isn't very often that you are let loose to do something like this. Most of my other project clients have come to the table with preconcieved notions of what they want. "I want my building to by Tuscan" even if they don't know what that means.. Good projects are few and far between. I just closed on some land today and am starting to work on the design of my own residence/studio... Stay tuned for updates.

stinkypete wrote:so have you got a website?
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

dirtyd0369 wrote:No website of my own... Plus it isn't very often that you are let loose to do something like this. Most of my other project clients have come to the table with preconcieved notions of what they want. "I want my building to by Tuscan" even if they don't know what that means.. Good projects are few and far between. I just closed on some land today and am starting to work on the design of my own residence/studio... Stay tuned for updates.

stinkypete wrote:so have you got a website?

yep I'm unfortunately one of those clients!!
were embarking on a plan to build an extension, wait five years and then redo he rest of the place to match the new wbit
when I talk to our friend who is an achitect about how we wnat things he is v nice and says things like " well you could do that"
which is architect speak for " are you f'ing kidding me" :D
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Post by C.Morrison »

Great to see architecture representing.

I am beginning to work on my thesis, if this is still going on in a year maybe i'll post it up here then.