Deadbeat bidders ... seriously, come on

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Deadbeat bidders ... seriously, come on

Post by jshea »

I'm just venting...

I had 9 auctions end last week for various punk band items (shirts, sweatshirts, etc.), and still haven't received payment on 4 items. I'll lose $5+ in listing fees...not a lot of money, but still- it's the principle. The worst part about the whole thing is that none of the bidders respond to 3 messages AND 3 invoices. None!

I've heard that "punk kids" are notoriously poor ebayers. The claim apparently isn't unfounded.

Here's what I don't get. Every one of the auctions ended on a last second/minute type bid. Logically, this places the bidder in front of his computer at a specific time because he wanted this specific item. Yet, after he wins the auction, he can't pay $2.00 + s/h for a tshirt? Whaaaaaat?

Rant done.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

nah you can report the items as unpaid in ebay, that usually gets them to pay! if not, ebay will refund your fees (or a portion of them, i can't remember)
on point like a decimalist?
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

I didn't know that, thanks. I finally heard back from one person today, but only after a scathing email. I hate chasing people down for payments.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

check out your "my ebay" screen - there should be a dropdown to report an unpaid item under the section that shows stuff you've sold.
on point like a decimalist?
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

Yantra and mantra create tantra.
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

"You got money for fake mustaches, but you ain't got money for me! I want my money, man!"
guyute73
Posse

Re: Deadbeat bidders ... seriously, come on

Post by guyute73 »

After the 7th day of no payment, you can file a non paying bidder report, this will then send a message to the buyer basically letting them know they need to pay. You then have to wait another week, if the buyer doesn't respond you will then be able to end the dispute and get your final listing fees back. There are a few options that the buyer can take, but normally if they don't pay within a few days, they aren't going to. My suggestion would be once the dispute is over, to add that buyer to your blocked bidder list and leave them negative feedback, which you as a seller can do if they don't pay.

Here is what I do in this sort of situation, I send an invoice right away, then I give them a day, then I send one every day till the 7th day, at which time I let them know nicely I'll be reporting them the next day. If you can find the time to bid you should be able to find the time to pay within 7 days.