BAST Forgeries - lb1469

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
ritedere
Giant

Re: BAST

Post by ritedere »

I can't believe there are just random guys named Joe in NYC Bars trading fake BAST art cards. Awesome. Have never run into one of those in Vegas.

The reason many people are having any doubts to BAST's side of the story and thinking there must be more to it is because it sounds too ridiculous to be true, and too stupid a "crime" for anyone to do not thinking they'd get caught.

I wouldn't worry too much about his personal info being posted. Not that I necessarily agree with it. I highly doubt that a crazed BAST fan is gonna go over there and murder him in cold blood. He might get one of those flaming bags of crepe though.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

I too have had transactioins with Leo. Was always stand up with me. Sucks.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

michaelm wrote:counterfeits bast. sells shep's free obama image. great guy! i can see why people in this thread are reluctant to post his username on the forum.

I don't want to do any more business with this person, although I have in the past on ebay. For the Obama fakes alone, this guy is a POS.
Last edited by Gigantico on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giiiant
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by giiiant »

Gigantico wrote:
michaelm wrote:counterfeits bast. sells shep's free obama image. great guy! i can see why people in this thread are reluctant to post his username on the forum.

I don't want to do any more business with this person, although I have in the past on ebay. Can someone pm his username to me? For the Obama fakes alone, this guy is a POS.

It's on the Bast site (http://www.bastny.com/frame_controle.pl?goto=frame_body_set_v1.html&menu_select=news), see the email addresses at the bottom.
michaelm
Swindler

Post by michaelm »

Bonesy
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Bonesy »

giiiant wrote:
Gigantico wrote:

I don't want to do any more business with this person, although I have in the past on ebay. Can someone pm his username to me? For the Obama fakes alone, this guy is a POS.

It's on the Bast site (http://www.bastny.com/frame_controle.pl?goto=frame_body_set_v1.html&menu_select=news), see the email addresses at the bottom.

Wow, thats sad to see that email address. I too had a good purchase from him awhile back, '96 Power To The Posse actually......
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

easycraig wrote:
robotoil wrote:Bast is amazing.

- I know he is..............

- but what am I .......? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another forger? :lol: :lol: :lol:
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

not even close....... -it hurts my feelings that you would 'even group' Goofy goes Goofy into a Bast category....

GGG is much more complex! :lol: :lol: :lol: ec

Due to popular demand... I wouldn't be surprised to see a print coming!!!! :lol:
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

What's funny to me is that you guys actually think he lives at any of those addresses posted.
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Looks like Bast took the actual addresses down but left city and zip... One of the addresses had an apt number so i assumed it was a residence.

Stone Age wrote:What's funny to me is that you guys actually think he lives at any of those addresses posted.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Stone Age wrote:What's funny to me is that you guys actually think he lives at any of those addresses posted.

I've sold things to Leo and he had them delivered to the address that Bast posted and a different address.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
password
Giant

Post by password »

uh...well....this forum got a mention on the bastny.com news section
noetic
Giant

Re:

Post by noetic »

password wrote:uh...well....this forum got a mention on the bastny.com news section

yikes, i didnt know he was icollect
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
J
Punk

Post by J »

Just another example of how you can be anyone you want hiding behind many miles of wire and a computer screen. :P

And that is more than enough "evidence" for me to believe.

P.S. - Nice MURS avatar, noetic.
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

It's funny that he has a Murs avatar and lives in San Diego. Murs hates San Diego, or so I've heard.
giiiant
Swindler

Post by giiiant »

:lol:
noetic
Giant

Re:

Post by noetic »

Stone Age wrote:It's funny that he has a Murs avatar and lives in San Diego. Murs hates San Diego, or so I've heard.

he actually doesn't hate sd, but yeah that really would be funny if he did!!
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Perhaps 'hate" is too strong a word, maybe dislikes is more fitting. How come he is almost never at any of the Legends shows in San Diego?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

SD is awesome on an expense account-- but let's keep it on-topic. :D
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

djsp wrote:I too have had transactioins with Leo. Was always stand up with me. Sucks.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

as have i on many occasions.^^^
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

http://www.wrecordsbymonkey.info/store/ ... e2c95460d2

http://www.wrecordsbymonkey.info/index.php?id=18

Anyone seen these/have any?

Signed/limited to 25 of each design in each color (how I read it anyway)

I guess they've been available since April 2006. I was surprised something of BASTs was still up after this long at such a cheap price for a signed item (even though they're wristbands and cuffs.... lol)

I got a set....
sabeth
Giant

Re:

Post by sabeth »

ritedere wrote:http://www.wrecordsbymonkey.info/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_13_25&zenid=011b182f570549ea22b3a3e2c95460d2

http://www.wrecordsbymonkey.info/index.php?id=18

Anyone seen these/have any?

Signed/limited to 25 of each design in each color (how I read it anyway)

I guess they've been available since April 2006. I was surprised something of BASTs was still up after this long at such a cheap price for a signed item (even though they're wristbands and cuffs.... lol)

I got a set....

yeah, i checked those out, but to me they didn't even look recognizably like they were designed by bast.
Instagram: @carnagenyc
Carnage NYC
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

I just got word that these were given to the wrecords by monkey store by a guy named Joe in a bar.

No but seriously, I don't think they look that bad. Not that I'd ever wear them or anything, but I thought at $140 for such a limited set of 3 signed pieces by one of my favorite artists it was a steal!

Guess I'm alone there. haha
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »