Solo Art show this Sun in NJ

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
mrchopchop
Swindler

Post by mrchopchop »

Hey ipath, let your mom know I want to get a blowback and my tips frosted when I check out your show at her salon.
Peace
I wear loose fitting jeans cause my balls overheat
mrxscarface28
Giant

Re:

Post by mrxscarface28 »

mrchopchop wrote:Hey ipath, let your mom know I want to get a blowback and my tips frosted when I check out your show at her salon.
Peace

I didn't even realize wtf you were talking about until I read the flyer more carefully ... I thought "Parlor Studio Gallery" was just an eccentric name for the place, but it's a hair salon ... HAHAHA

Awesome... Favorite post in this thread so far.
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

i honestly don't think he has read this thread, he is spamming it up with pics of his "show"
robotoil
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by robotoil »

mrxscarface28 wrote:
mrchopchop wrote:Hey ipath, let your mom know I want to get a blowback and my tips frosted when I check out your show at her salon.
Peace

I didn't even realize wtf you were talking about until I read the flyer more carefully ... I thought "Parlor Studio Gallery" was just an eccentric name for the place, but it's a hair salon ... HAHAHA

Awesome... Favorite post in this thread so far.

Hey, some of the best galleries I have known have been at hair salons. :wink:
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: Post your personal art pieces

Post by Backpackpunk »

Yo iPath, you might want to take a peek at this.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10876

You have a lot of questions about your art over there. :/
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Re: Ipath Shepard Fairey Tribute Show?

Post by TheOmethod »

Well, he never answered my question, but since he has posted his "opening photos" I think its pretty clear...

Below photos by Ipath2003

ipath2003 wrote:Some of my work with stencils

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10725&p=145226#p145226
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Rubyliths, album covers, t-shirts oh my!

Sweet.

Robo - I wasn't knocking the location, but laughing at the joke. Last gallery I went to at a hair salon featured a really good artist. His stuff was a little dark/goth for my tastes (somewhat like Micallef's darker stuff), but at least it was original.
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

mrxscarface28 wrote:Rubyliths, album covers, t-shirts oh my!

Sweet.

Robo - I wasn't knocking the location, but laughing at the joke. Last gallery I went to at a hair salon featured a really good artist. His stuff was a little dark/goth for my tastes (somewhat like Micallef's darker stuff), but at least it was original.

I was thinking of OuterEdgeStudio. http://www.outeredgestudio.com/salon.html
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

robotoil wrote:
mrxscarface28 wrote:Rubyliths, album covers, t-shirts oh my!

Sweet.

I was thinking of OuterEdgeStudio. http://www.outeredgestudio.com/salon.html

That too ... 8)

- John F. Kennedy
mrchopchop
Swindler

Post by mrchopchop »

yo ipath, that stuff is straight doo-doo
I wear loose fitting jeans cause my balls overheat
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

i think by the sole fact that ipath2003 actually bought a "Big Proof" is enough for you guys to cut him some slack :)
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... =15&page=1

i believe ipath posted here spamming his work prior to setting up the screenname ipath2003 because i remember someone spamming an ebay auction of that painting of the kid pointing his finger. anyway, it's obvious that he has an obsession with shepard and is desperate to make a name for himself - hell, that probably describes half the people here.... it's just a shame that he himself as an artist can't step back from his own work, take a really good look at it and realize that all he's done is rehashed someone else's work. as noverflow said "try to use it as inspiration, not as a style guideline", or maybe it would have been better to say "try to use it as inspiration, not as a photocopier".

ipath2003, good luck with finding your own style and the show... people here will get pretty nasty so just roll with the punches and hopefully they won't drive you away from the site.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Hey iPath, Is that you with the "popped collar"?
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

art is and always has been the evolution of ideas and influences
there are no copyrights broken here far as i can see and if anything i'm sure the inspiring artist would take this showing as a compliment

ohhh forget it let's get back to bashing this poor guy on his proud day of artistic expression
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PDC
Giant

Re:

Post by PDC »

mrchopchop wrote:yo ipath, that stuff is straight doo-doo

stop it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Phởgg wrote:art is and always has been the evolution of ideas and influences

I totally agree with you, but I just don't see any evolution here at all ... I'm just a regular guy with untrained eyes, so what do I know. It'd be interesting to know if he used his own face in his version of the Star logo and Center Face. A narcissist striving to find individualism through his art by copying someone else ... Ha!

- John F. Kennedy
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

when I first saw Ipaths show i was pretty mad but i thinks maybe we should take a deep breath
Ipath is obviously a bit immature but he can sure make stencils
he just needs to find an appropriate outlet
He certainly has a huge enthusiasm for shep, as someone said he did buy" big proof"
compared to the garbage of the " shep is going blind piece" from the maggot of an internet journalist
Ipath isn't hurting anyone so maybe we shouldn't grind him into the dirt
anyhoo
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

^^^Voice of reason. Word
ipath2003
Swindler

Post by ipath2003 »

Last edited by ipath2003 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrxscarface28
Giant

Re:

Post by mrxscarface28 »

ipath2003 wrote:Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Yes inspired by many artists but you only see it lookin like sheps stuff. Thats cool. I would like to some of your stuff. Its all good to talk about other peoples stuff no doubt. Yes i would like to work for studio # 1, we will see if it happens. I have no idea who Baxterpop is. "This guy smelled like a rat from day one" dude i have to be honest I never liked you and your comments. MY hope pasters will never be sold also if you read what i wrote i was just tryin to get my LIONS print now i have and i got signed the other night in NYC. So thank you. I have much respect for shep and i really dont care too much is to what you think. I agree with you noverflow you have to be careful as well as give him credit. Give credit where credit is due. I have to say mrxscarface28 you are super mature in your statements. lol thank you. " I hope you get hit by a bus on the way to your opening." Rubyliths? NO just windows in picked up on the side of the road people put into the garbage. Any way thanks for all the input guys. Great exposure!!! lol I will send you all invites to the next one. So please continue talkin about my stuff. More the better. The next series is going out to fallen athletes. Colors in blues maybe not sure yet. Be on the look out. Thanks again guys.

I'm glad that the only statement you got from my posts was "I hope you get hit by a bus on the way to your opening". Is that the only thing you dissected? Have you no response to claims that your execution and inspiration are a direct rip off? Your response is spoken like someone who's happy he's going to be making a buck off of works that were drawn from no inspiration of their own.

Like I said ... I'm all for creativity, but you sir are just another sheep "Obeying" to a capitalistic society that convinced you that selling, what appears to me as copies in both style, execution, and inspiration of someone else's art, was a good idea. Tell me ... what other artists' inspire you? Dissect and explain the steps in which you were "inspired" for your art.

You don't give credit where credit is due, at least from what we can see from the flyer and show itself. If you gave credit then, as I said before, more power to you and my bad for the bus comment. If not, then I hope you get hit by two buses.

- John F. Kennedy
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

I''d like to add that you have skills cutting stencils and making prints ... I'm not knocking on your abilities, I am just knocking your choice of inspiration, colors, and execution. I wouldn't be able to do better in a million years, but I'm pretty sure I could think up something different than the Star Icon, Center Face, or Rose in the gun before those million years are up.

If you really can't see why some people may not be happy with your choices, then to me, personally, it seems like all you care about is making money off of his inspiration. I don't see any obvious credit given to Shepard or Obey, which I think if credit is going to be given it should be obvious. If I got you pegged wrong, please explain. Being indifferent and aloof about peoples' claims you're copying Shepard just fans the flames.

I am the type of person that will admit he was wrong and will even apologize if proven wrong, so please ... prove me wrong.

Thanks

- John F. Kennedy
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

ipath2003 wrote:Yes inspired by many artists but you only see it lookin like sheps stuff.

Who else are you influenced by and what in this current body of work is representative of those other styles?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

robotoil wrote:
ipath2003 wrote:Yes inspired by many artists but you only see it lookin like sheps stuff.

Who else are you influenced by and what in this current body of work is representative of those other styles?

that's a fair question and i was thinking about asking the same thing. i figured he was into other artists but his entire EB collection consists of only shepard fairey work, there isn't a single thing that isn't obey related.
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Shepard isn't Banksy.. you can't just completely rip his style off and get away with it. The positive thing after seeing these though is that I am certain you aren't making any fakes.
ipath2003
Swindler

Post by ipath2003 »

Last edited by ipath2003 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

it would be cool if your next show was titled "all runs, all drips, all errors"

go with that name and i'll be there with fists full of dollars
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;