Solo Art show this Sun in NJ

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
rhombus_77
Giant

Re: Ipath Shepard Fairey Tribute Show?

Post by rhombus_77 »

negative energy begone!
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

ok yeah but in all seriousness you go with that title and i'll buy a show print
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

George Orwell? Really? How does he influence you art? Just interested.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

tpeazy wrote:George Orwell? Really? How does he influence you art? Just interested.

:lol: :!:

slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

ipath, this is the first time i have looked at this thread and seen your work! I think you have got some skills but you are damaging your reputation as an artist by doing pieces that are so close to sheps! I think you can work in the same style as him without ripping him off! If you came up with your own concepts instead of using sheps and just changing the imagery i think you could have something quite cool there!

Why make it a dedication to him or credit him when you are displaying your work?????
I think you will be a lot prouder with the end result if you make it more individual to you! Good Luck with it all! :)
ipath2003
Swindler

Post by ipath2003 »

Last edited by ipath2003 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by tpeazy »

ipath2003 wrote:So have you guys ever even read any of his books? Or a book at all? lol It doesnt matter I dont care. Well i knew that one once i told you who my influences were all you people would just nit pick the list. Expected. Also the only people that don't appreciate the art is you people. So i can live with that. I did credit him as a big influence at my show and people know that. Its only you people you do what you do best gossip totally cool. It really doesn't bother me. The negative energy begone! is coming from the majority of you who posted in this thread you and your "crew" your like a high school click or family that gangs up on things. lol a little band wagon.

So thanks everyone for the positive feedback as well as the negative. Its all be good. Im goin to work on the next series right now ill prob post some pics soon so you can all hate on it and make another thread. Can't wait to read lol

I hope i didn't offend anyone.

I was pretty supportive of you up to this point. But, now I think you are a just being a D0 U CHE.
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

ipath2003 wrote: Its only you people you do what you do best gossip totally cool.

I didn't really understand what you were saying except for this sentence.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

ipath2003 wrote:So have you guys ever even read any of his books? Or a book at all? lol It doesnt matter I dont care. Well i knew that one once i told you who my influences were all you people would just nit pick the list. Expected. Also the only people that don't appreciate the art is you people. So i can live with that. I did credit him as a big influence at my show and people know that. Its only you people you do what you do best gossip totally cool. It really doesn't bother me. The negative energy begone! is coming from the majority of you who posted in this thread you and your "crew" your like a high school click or family that gangs up on things. lol a little band wagon.

So thanks everyone for the positive feedback as well as the negative. Its all be good. Im goin to work on the next series right now ill prob post some pics soon so you can all hate on it and make another thread. Can't wait to read lol

I hope i didn't offend anyone.

Who is your next series going to copy? Sticking with Obey? I vote for Faile or Banksy, there are plenty of other rip-off artists you could take notes from, and probably even get away with it. Your Obey work is just too obvious.
tazandmur
Punk

Post by tazandmur »

He seems to be a young artist searching for his voice, so some of his work seems derivative. Much of the work on his website seems to have little or no relation to Shepard Fairey's work.

Heck, Dylan Thomas completely plagiarized his first published poem, and he went on to become a strong, original artist. Shepard Fairey himself borrows heavily from other art and artists. Very few artists create an original voice for themselves.

I really don't understand all of this ganging-up on the guy. Like most people that "do" with passion, rather than just talk, he's making some mistakes. Big deal. If you like his work, support, encourage, and inform him. If you don't, move onto the next artist. I really don't see the reason for continuing to beat the guy up.
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

tazandmur wrote:I really don't understand all of this ganging-up on the guy. Like most people that "do" with passion, rather than just talk, he's making some mistakes. Big deal. If you like his work, support, encourage, and inform him. If you don't, move onto the next artist. I really don't see the reason for continuing to beat the guy up.

Great point and good advice. Thanks.
ipath2003
Swindler

Post by ipath2003 »

So for the next series i was thinkin about convicted athletes. Any suggestions?
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

ipath2003 wrote:So for the next series i was thinkin about convicted athletes. Any suggestions?

How's about Rick Tocchet?
stickee
Giant

Re:

Post by stickee »

ipath2003 wrote:So for the next series i was thinkin about convicted athletes. Any suggestions?

surely you have some people in mind if you are going for an odd topic like that?
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Mark (Gator) Rogowski
ipath2003
Swindler

Re:

Post by ipath2003 »

Last edited by ipath2003 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

jason jessee - "just eat corndogs, who cares"
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cookie Head
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Cookie Head »

ipath2003 wrote: I need a hockey player

Try Mike Danton: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danton
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

DIEGO!

stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

gazza

"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

i just read most of this thread. all i have to say is, "wow". first of all, you probably should have stated that this is a "tribute" show from the get-go. i think people are quick to attack you because you are in no way diplomatic in defending your work. learn to take criticism with a little more grace and maybe you will make a name for yourself instead of relying so heavily on shepard's work. i do have to say, at least you're using this as motivation for your next series. just be sure to do it up in your own style and i think people will be a little less hostile toward your art in the future...
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

ipath2003 wrote:i was thinking Roger clemens, Michael Vick, Allen Iverson, I need a hockey player and i was thinkin about Mike Tyson but would like a suggestion for another. Maybe Riddick Bowe

I guess my first one wasn't good enough so I'll provide you with the obvious: Todd Bertuzzi - duh
ipath2003
Swindler

Post by ipath2003 »

Last edited by ipath2003 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Johnny Tapia's one of my favs.

spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

Gigantico wrote:Johnny Tapia's one of my favs.

Yess!! I love Johnny!! He's a hometown favorite here in Albuquerque!!! IPath don't use your bitten style on a legend like this......