Ebay excuses!!!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Ebay excuses!!!

Post by Molotov Man »

List your most fcuked up excuses:

Hello,
I am sorry to inform you of this terrible news. I am in the process of moving and packaged the poster up in a tube and put it in my car last night along with some other personal belongings. This morning I found that my car was broken into last night and everything is gone. I have filed a police report but don't know that anything will be found. I am sure some crack head stole my stuff and probably ditched it in a dumpster somewhere. I am really sad as I did need the money for this poster, but now it is gone along with all my stuff. Sorry about the inconvenience.

WTF :roll:

MM
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: Ebay excuses!!!

Post by Backpackpunk »

You should also list the print you lost out on.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

A-Life?
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

You know, I've heard of some pretty crappy excuses why someone cant sell you something they have agreed to sell you in my day, but I digress..
neverquiet
Giant

Post by neverquiet »

Did you get a great deal on it?
Men have become tools of their tools. -Thoreau
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

nixon451 wrote:You know, I've heard of some pretty crappy excuses why someone cant sell you something they have agreed to sell you in my day, but I digress..

I know what you mean. My favorite stories come from the days of two prints per person and "forgotten" agreements to pick a print up for people out of town/in meetings/away from the intertubes on drop-day. I've often wondered if some sort of Karma eventually evens things out for those people.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Re:

Post by Molotov Man »

Gigantico wrote:A-Life?

Wow, thanks for bringing that one up again :evil: That was even more fcuked up that this one. for A-Life the guy said it was damaged and he was going to try and get it fixed professionally. I told him I didn't care what the condition was and he totally just was an a**. It ended up selling for a couple hundred more months later.

This wasn't even a big deal, Joan Jett for $200. Which I'm happy about but wouldn't call it the deal of a lifetime.

I would like to get some good karma back so if I screwed anyone over on the 2 print deal please PM me :D

Peace

MM
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

i'd have to say buyers backing out are far more aggrivating than sellers

never had any experience with a seller backing out but this week i had my first buyer back out in my twelve years of collecting after being strung along for two weeks.

live and learn i guess but it was so pathetic it's hard not to loose a bit of faith in humanity :twisted:
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

I've said this elsewhere ... but, the new feedback rules are nothing but trouble for sellers. Buyers have zero risk. I've already had multiple cases of unresponsive and non-paying bidders, and the new rules took effect only a few weeks ago. I'm not real into the whole "I'll bid on whatever I want, and then pay only for a few things" mentality.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

How about eBay description excuses to sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0268033524

An epic story...
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by displaced bear »

influence wrote:How about eBay description excuses to sell?

An epic story...

quite a ridiculous story...

he's a member on eb/banksy/here (as lazk). seems to use eb the most though.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

edited by the FCC

a pathetic description
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by blazedoutbee »

displaced bear wrote:

An epic story...

this guy is the biggest jokster I have ever dealt with real bandwagoner bag.
robotoil
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by robotoil »

blazedoutbee wrote:
displaced bear wrote:

An epic story...

this guy is the biggest jokster I have ever dealt with real bandwagoner bag.

...but, apparently, knew enough of the value of the print, even after being so disrespected, to rip his friend off. :?
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

this has happened 3 times different people different things. they lag on sending the item or keep saying it will go out today or tomorrow. weeks go by, when i get a little insistant they say

"i have been really sick in the hostpital with cancer and i'm doing the best i can your evil, I have cancer"

subtle variations but... i guess i'm :evil:
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

this morning i got "while I was checking the print last night to get ready to post, my son spilled my coffee over the print. It is completly ruined so I am very upset. I understand that you will no longer want this item. So do no pay for this item. And Im very sorry for the inconvience. :-(".
weak.
got a great deal too!
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

DZEL wrote:this morning i got "while I was checking the print last night to get ready to post, my son spilled my coffee over the print. It is completly ruined so I am very upset. I understand that you will no longer want this item. So do no pay for this item. And Im very sorry for the inconvience. :-(".
weak.
got a great deal too!

Signed Banksy Choppers?
outeredgestudio
Giant

DZEL wrote:this morning i got "while I was checking the print last night to get ready to post, my son spilled my coffee over the print. It is completly ruined so I am very upset. I understand that you will no longer want this item. So do no pay for this item. And Im very sorry for the inconvience. :-(".
weak.
got a great deal too!

ask to see a pic of the print and the damage, cuz you are still interested and may accept the print with the coffee.

I want to see some bad photoshop skillz :D
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

That's evil. I like it.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

great idea!
nearcyde
Posse

Post by nearcyde »

weak.
got a great deal too!

Lmao DZEL!
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

robotoil wrote:
weak.
got a great deal too!

Signed Banksy Choppers?

i wish it was.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

outeredgestudio wrote:
weak.
got a great deal too!

ask to see a pic of the print and the damage, cuz you are still interested and may accept the print with the coffee.

so i emailed the guy and asked to see pics because i may still want to buy it...and his response was..."I chucked it, as I did not think anyone would want it. It was really ruined. sorry mate."
outeredgestudio
Giant

DZEL wrote:
outeredgestudio wrote:
weak.
got a great deal too!

so i emailed the guy and asked to see pics because i may still want to buy it...and his response was..."I chucked it, as I did not think anyone would want it. It was really ruined. sorry mate."

so very clever, at least a dog didn't eat it this time. too bad man
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

here's what i got after three weeks of a$$ dragging by a buyer that discovered my print on ebay then pursued it on this forum after the auction had expired

I'm sorry if this sounds really annoying. I'm sure you may not like the news, but I won't lie, and I'm not a bad person. After seeing yesterday that a few of the Failes in their new lottery are actually just inside my price range, I can't get myself to pay for the My Confessions when that money could potentially be used in paying for a piece if I am successful in the lottery. I've wrestled with it late yesterday and last night. What would my reaction be if I win in the lottery and then cannot pay for it? I know I would be absolutely gutted and kicking myself. I know it is a complete gamble (that I don't win the lottery and you've sold the My Confessions elsewhere), but I think it is a gamble I have to take as it would be insane to pass up a lower edition/varied edition print. Money is tight, as it is with most, and I don't think I can afford both. Paying for the pieces that I entered for in the lottery would already be very tight and probably with a load going back onto my credit card. That's why I need to have as much ammo (money) in the holster (wallet) as possible. When I was after a My Confessions, it was half-way because I thought surely I would not be able to afford anything in the lottery and that prices would be astronomical. But, alas, there are quite a few reasonably-priced items.

I can't apologize enough for being so and back-and-forth on this. I've had it happen before to me and it's not fun. I hope you don't hold any grudges with me, because it was nice chatting with you and having someone local that knows the urban art scene. I suppose the best thing is to sell the print elsewhere for the time being.

Again, I'm very sorry for all of the hassle. It was obviously not my intention. Even if it is not the best of news, I feel it is my responsibility to be upfront with you and just let you know how I stand. I hope there are not too hard of feelings. I wish there was something I could do.

then after i won the faile lottery and he didn't i got this message

you will most positively think i am the biggest pain the buttocks, but what would you let me have this print for?

i'm really not a bad guy.

a few weeks later searching the buyers ebay feedback i found he'd done the same to a seller in the UK claiming inability to pay due to "personal issues".

when all said and done i at least got a chuckle out of the effort this guy put into being an effen weasel

*if you're reading this mister weasel just thank your lucky stars i didn't post the experience in the feedback section*