shill bidder?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
bboygraphix
Giant

shill bidder?

Post by bboygraphix »

check this. i don't want to go accusing people of shill bidding, but someone on this board pointed out to me that i'm probably a victim...

i'm an optimist who usually gives people the benefit of the doubt, so i naturally brushed it off and let the auction go... but then i got a second chance offer and an email saying that he happened to have another one of the same prints. i had a bidder back out on me once and i had to do a second chance offer, but this is so blatantly obvious that it's shill bidding vs. an honest second offer..

now my question is this...
i really like this print and have been looking for one for quite a while. would you buy this for the second chance offer?
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
chief510
Punk

Post by chief510 »

You got lucky with the Gold monkey pod, I wouldn't try my luck again with this guy. He has (1) ebay history and is shill bidding. Do not promote his actions.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

report the turd to ebay
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sessone »

wow, thats blatent as all hell.
cause i wreck when i tangle...
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

so obvious! reserve not even met. Feedbacks on both seller and shill bidder are nothing... Handle it man!
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

seriously. he is dishonoring the obey name!

i'll keep you guys posted.
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes
chief510
Punk

Zero Feedback ebayer'

Post by chief510 »

If you put something on ebay, and a zero feedback ebayer wins the auction, how do you usually go about retracting the bid. I just had an auction of mine end with some UK ebayer winning. The account was made today, and I specifically stated shipping only to United States. Will Ebay refund my fees? How do I report the guy? Will this take long to straighten out?

chief.
Bonesy
Giant

Re: Zero Feedback ebayer'

Post by Bonesy »

chief510 wrote:If you put something on ebay, and a zero feedback ebayer wins the auction, how do you usually go about retracting the bid. I just had an auction of mine end with some UK ebayer winning. The account was made today, and I specifically stated shipping only to United States. Will Ebay refund my fees? How do I report the guy? Will this take long to straighten out?
chief.

I had a similar situation with an Obey poster a few months ago. Winning bidder sniped it at the last minute and was from Italy with only 70% feedback. He immediately said he couldnt pay "sorry" the 2nd place bidder didnt even respond to my 2nd chance offer, probably thought it was sketchy.
I reported it to ebay, never heard back, and ended up with like $10 in fees. I think there's a way to get refunde but I didnt put the time into it.
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

why don't you just ask what the number of the 2nd print was since he gave a number in the listing?

it doesn't really matter so much since the reserve wasn't met anyway, but if the guy is shill bidding he's doing it poorly since he should have known your bid was less than the reserve amount. so i think it's kinda funny.

if you really want the print just offer him some lesser amount and pay through paypal with a credit card (or ask him to send first again) and you'd be pretty well covered.

or ... since i just noticed the location is in san diego ... i can meet the guy in person for you if you work something out.
art_daddy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by art_daddy »

that's what I was thinking. If he said the number of the print in the auction ask him what the other number is. If he doesn't say or if it'sthe same report him right away.
Check out Detroit art
http://www.artattheedge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

BBoyGraphix...I am very sorry about the previous auction, but can assure you it was not shill bidding. My cousin came to visit me and started getting into Shepard's work. I gave him a few of my doubles and told him the UN-Bush print would be a great print to start a collection with. He is RoseSoldierSF...I know there is the coincidence with the Chap in the names (me Chappkp and the seller Obeychaps23) but that is purely coincidence. The seller is in California, and we (my cousin and I) are located across the country.
He just really liked the print and kept on bidding (he has Xmas money to spend) He stopped after 260 when the reserve was not met.
Check Out my EBAY Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchappkp
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

hmm... i have contacted the seller, so we will see what his response is.

chapPKP, if that's true, then i will apologize to the seller for accusing him of shill bidding. this is why i didn't want to jump to conclusions even though everything was pointing to shill bidding. anyways, thanks for letting me know whats up.

...and if obeychaps23 really is your username, then shame on you! hahahahha... i'm jk man. ;)
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Maybe a shill bid. However, the price is fair. Get pics of the print to verify that the seller really has the print. Then go for it and pay through PayPal. If there is a problem you'll be covered.
johnstonamerica
Artist or Something

Post by johnstonamerica »

If the reserve was never met why is this seller so willing now to sell two below his reserve??
http://www.johnstonamerica.com
Rob Johnston Artist - Johnston America Folk Art Gallery
henna
-

Post by henna »

johnstonamerica wrote:If the reserve was never met why is this seller so willing now to sell two below his reserve??

This seems to be the crux of the issue.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

ok the email didn't come from the seller. (it originally didn't specify he was/wasn't the seller).

i believe this obeychap23 fellow seems to be an honest ebayer.
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

Hey just for reference for you eBay sellers... there is an option in your selling preferences to only allow certain buyers with feedback to see your item/bid on your item. I have mine set on no buyers with - feedbacks, 0 feedback or < 5 feedback, something like that. Just some safety precautions...
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

bboygraphix~ just wondering if you worked everything out
Check Out my EBAY Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchappkp