Al Rockoff Photo Auction [Split topic]

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
highbrow
Posse

Al Rockoff Photo Auction [Split topic]

Post by highbrow »

We have removed the image from our EBAY listing. We have gone over and read various comments regarding ebay, and we know Shepard frowns on it as well as far as flipping. We have decided to make the image available via a private auction threw us personally. If you are interested in the photo (and have not already emailed us) please email us your name within 24 hours. We will then assign every email a number and reply. You will then have 48 hours to email us an offer. Please note you will make one offer and the amount will be for what you feel the image is worth or you wish to pay. At the close of 48 hours from set time we will then email the entire group back every number will be posted with the amount offered. The highest bidder will get the image shipped to you. Image is signed by Al and measures approx. 11 X 14 (framed, mounted and matted size is 16X20) we apologize for the eBay issue but feel this will be better for everyone involved. Please note the same proceeds will be going to the Miami Veterans nursing home. Please email for your number to corrysontag@yahoo.com (http://www.alrockoff.com)

The image you are bidding on is one of two we printed for this project; the second image will be mailed to Shepard from Al Rockoff as thanks for his amazing work on this. The image is Humanity of Duality 2, which was taken by Al Rockoff in Cambodia and recently used by Shepard Fairey for his last sold out amazing print. We thank you for looking at this; image can be seen via http://www.alrockoff.com or http://www.obeygiant.com good luck and thank you for bidding.

thanks and sorry for those who bid on ebay we feel this is a better way to handle it. We are still working out details for a release of the image on a small scale and will also inform all those who email.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

This all seems so fcuked up!!!!

Not sure why you would send: "what the image is worth or what you wish to pay"

So, if I think it is worth $3K and submit that, do I have to pay that much?

What if I don't want to pay that much but feel it is worth that?
DZEL
Giant

Re: Duality 2 [!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity 2 !ANTICIPATION!]

Post by DZEL »

seemed slim shady to me from the beginning...
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Post by displaced bear »

seems ridiculous.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

I call shenanigans.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
smartussi
Giant

Re:

Post by smartussi »

Phởgg
Giant

Re: Duality 2 [!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity 2 !ANTICIPATION!]

Post by Phởgg »

So this auction has been deleted again.
Full caps and all seemed like someone with little experience from the get go.
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by saintjordan »

displaced bear wrote:seems ridiculous.

@ss-backwards this is. They took it off ebay because "shep doesnt like ebay", that is ridiculous :shock:
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

These guys are obviously getting up to speed with the hype around this print, I think we cut them some slack.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
Phởgg
Giant

Re: Al Rockoff Photo Auction [Split topic]

Post by Phởgg »

Seller: Bangkokpawnshop99( 233)
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

They can all lick sweaty donkey balls
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

Phởgg wrote:Seller: Bangkokpawnshop99( 233)

no user by that name
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
Petro
Swindler

Post by Petro »

First auction canceled. Second auction canceled. Now a private auction. What's next, wiring money to a Nigerian bank?

It seemed shady, but I was giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but this is too much. I'm out.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

Precisely the business practices of a Bangkok pawn shop.
Price and rules change at every blink of the eye.

rong rup jum num :twisted:

jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

shady . You put the auction up at 95 to start and then took it down to post it at 305 to start with. Let it run and create a market dont make up your own.
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

they were worried about putting the photo on ebay and angering shep? but they think doing this is going to impress? I dont get it.

lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

please send me a hi res jpeg, I will print it on my own !

XXXX
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

lepublicnme wrote:please send me a hi res jpeg, I will print it on my own !

XXXX

:lol:

Seriously, this picture is not going to be worth fashizzle. People, check yourselves.
Petro
Swindler

Post by Petro »

we regret to apologize the demand for the image has been to overwhelming and have decided to not release the photo associated with Shepard Faireys latest print. The image is available for sale but we are only make one of the two available. The image will be sold at various gallery showings should the story of the show warrant the image being in place. Of the two images we have for public sale one is being sent to Shepard and the other being made available via a private auction. This will be the only time we do this for an image that Shepard uses as the rest of the images ( if he uses any ) will not be made for public sale through us.

We are closing the number assignments at midnight tonight. We fully understand if you are not interested or wish to partake in this. We thank you for your interest in Al Rockoff and look forward to many great things to come in the future.

Cory

Here we go again...
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?

Petro
Swindler

Post by Petro »

I love how he says the demand for the image is too large so they've decided not to release a limited edition print (yeah, that makes sense). Then he says that there are only two copies available and he will send one to Shep and the other will be sold via private auction. But then goes on to say that he plans to print the image ad hoc and sell them at "various gallery showings". Does he realize that doing this makes the private auction print completely worthless?
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Phởgg wrote:Precisely the business practices of a Bangkok pawn shop.
Price and rules change at every blink of the eye.

rong rup jum num :twisted:

LOL!!!!!!

I'm rusty on the translation, so how bout you give the layman's the run down? LOL!
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Too bad, I liked the photo but now it's tainted for me and I've lost interest. I hope Al finds a better way to get his rocks off in the future.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

If they just put their own print up at $35 they'd have sold a ton of them and gotten way more than the single auction would have. Everybody would have been happy.

I was more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this just seems like such a fiasco that I'm staying well away from it.

They haven't even posted a picture of the picture as it will be sold. Auction 101. And you can't tell me they don't know how much it's worth. Even the HOPE Fine Art print had an estimated value.
DZEL
Giant

Re:

Post by DZEL »

truthiness wrote:If they just put their own print up at $35 they'd have sold a ton of them and gotten way more than the single auction would have. Everybody would have been happy.

I was more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this just seems like such a fiasco that I'm staying well away from it.

They haven't even posted a picture of the picture as it will be sold. Auction 101. And you can't tell me they don't know how much it's worth. Even the HOPE Fine Art print had an estimated value.

and it just keeps getting shadier and shadier........