This person claims they have received rose shackle already

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
influence
Giant

This person claims they have received rose shackle already

Post by influence »

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBEY-GIANT-SHEPARD- ... dZViewItem

We haven't even go confirmation #'s yet...

What's up with that?
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

still no shipping confirmation for me.
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

i think it is BS...someone should ask him what the # is...
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

I'm seconding the BS. There's no way he has it yet otherwise he would have posted a photo.
henna
-

Post by henna »

No way, but he knows people are more willing to buy if the print is in hand. He doesn't care that you guys know it. Trust me, the best customers on ebay aren't the people who keep up with all the OG news.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

if you check the sellers other items, he doesn't have acutal photos of the prints, nor list the number which they have

they also just opened their ebay account on dec 9th and have zero feedback - which makes me less likely to buy from them. i would advise to anyone looking to purchase from them that you use paypal so you can try to get your money back if it falls through and to avoid anyone that doesn't use actual photos of the stuff they are selling
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

I asked what the number was and he admits that he has not received the print yet. I guess the only problem I have with this, not that I would ever sell this way myself, is that if you win the auction and he never gets the print, and another one comes up for sale in the mean time for less, you are scre#ed. Also, I would not pay until they send me a pic of the actual print in their possession. Still, it's a grey area that I myself would not enter.
Pretty Vacant
Posse

Post by Pretty Vacant »

henna wrote:Trust me, the best customers on ebay aren't the people who keep up with all the OG news.

Yeah, you'd know, wouldn't you? Keep preying on others' ignorance.
PxVx
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

Also the print might get damaged before he even gets it.

robotoil wrote:I asked what the number was and he admits that he has not received the print yet. I guess the only problem I have with this, not that I would ever sell this way myself, is that if you win the auction and he never gets the print, and another one comes up for sale in the mean time for less, you are scre#ed. Also, I would not pay until they send me a pic of the actual print in their possession. Still, it's a grey area that I myself would not enter.
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

I asked him if this was BS and asked him to post the # if he got it and this was his reply "I will post one as soon as the print arrives."

i was right....
henna
-

Post by henna »

Pretty Vacant wrote:
henna wrote:Trust me, the best customers on ebay aren't the people who keep up with all the OG news.

"Preying", hahaha.

You're serious aren't you? Like I'm taking their families hostage and forcing them to buy my prints.

This is an illustration of a mind-set I will never quite understand. Being accountable for one's actions is neccessary in order to avoid being taken advantage of. People who think otherwise are doomed to the perpetual state of victimization. Perhaps you should direct your dissatifaction towards the ignorance rather than myself allowing the poor uneducated buyer to pay the price they choose, but that might make too much sense to be taken seriously.

:wink:
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

henna wrote:
Pretty Vacant wrote:

"Preying", hahaha.

You're serious aren't you? Like I'm taking their families hostage and forcing them to buy my prints.

This is an illustration of a mind-set I will never quite understand. Being accountable for one's actions is neccessary in order to avoid being taken advantage of. People who think otherwise are doomed to the perpetual state of victimization. Perhaps you should direct your dissatifaction towards the ignorance rather than myself allowing the poor uneducated buyer to pay the price they choose, but that might make too much sense to be taken seriously.

:wink:

How does your high-brow, being accountable for one's actions apologetic jive with your shill bidding?

(spoiler alert: it doesn't)

admonkey
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Pretty Vacant wrote:

I sell on ebay and am pretty sure its not the regulars here that buy the majority of my goods. Its not like I have "inside info" to help me "prey" on others. All the info here is public. I buy from OG at the same time that it is avail to everyone. I play by the rules. Customers are happy and my 350+ feedback vouches for it. How is it "preying" on ignorance. If folks are too busy to invest the time online that I do and would rather pay the mark-up for others invested time and they are happy with their purchase, why do others have a problem with it?
The radical anti-flipping stance is ignorant. Folks LOVE duckywaddles. When he started out in this game was he "preying". At what point when you are selling prints to folks is it not "preying".
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Bonesy wrote:At what point when you are selling prints to folks is it not "preying".

I'm all for free-market forces and firmly believe an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, particularly in a free and fair auction environment. That's not preying.

However, when someone makes the conscious decision to shill bid, "faking" market forces in order to obfuscate the item's free-market worth, there's no grey. That's preying.

admonkey
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Absolutely agree.
The statement "preying on thers ignorance" I interpret broadly though, not just refering to shill bidding. Hence the defense.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
henna
-

Post by henna »

If someone enters a bid for $100 would imply to me that they are willing to pay $100. But maybe that's just crazy talk.
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

If shilling is okay, then why would ebay ban it and make it an offense that, if reported, could get you thrown off?
avoid disappointment and future regret
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

wow, you really believe you're not doing anything wrong by bidding on your own items to push someone's bid up to their max just because they're "willing" to spend that much. Nice morals you got there, not to mention it's against ebay rules to do it....I really hope everyone on the board adds you to their blocked bidders list on ebay and avoids doing any sort of trade/transaction with you in the future

henna wrote:If someone enters a bid for $100 would imply to me that they are willing to pay $100. But maybe that's just crazy talk.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

henna wrote:If someone enters a bid for $100 would imply to me that they are willing to pay $100. But maybe that's just crazy talk.

They're saying they would be willing to pay up to $100 should market forces indicate that's what it's worth.

You're faking those forces.

Face it, dude. You're a bandwagoner.
henna
-

Post by henna »

Name calling is sweet, and I bet I could beat you up, what's the point?

Your interjection of "should market forces indicate that's what it's worth" is simply wrong. The point has been made more than a few times on this board that value is determined by what a buyer is willing to pay. If someone enters that they are willing to pay $100, they are willing to pay $100, period. The "market force" you're twisting the meaning of to support your argument is the price level a buyer is willing to pay. All I'm saying is that is determined when they type that number into their bid screen.

Call me whatever you want, Christ, you're the tool box who wants to plaster someone elses art work in your office bathroom so you can tell all your friends who collect limited edition sneakers and listen to indi-rock how cool you are. The reality is that when it comes to discussing the economics of it, I'm not trying to bend and loosley interprit commonly accepted principles to support my argument.

If you don't like me, good. I got all the firends I need and I could care less if you and your family die in a car fire. Just call me names and bloviate about what an unscrupulous slime bag I am. But anyone who actually takes the time to consider your argument realizes that it's flawed and that your mother's box smells like my nutzzzz! :)
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

If shilling is okay, then why would ebay ban it and make it an offense that, if reported, could get you thrown off?
avoid disappointment and future regret
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

You might want to take this tutorial Henna:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/sbi ... intro.html
henna
-

Post by henna »

I never said it was ethical, or that there wasn't an ebay policy against it. Hell, I never said that I shill bid. The point I'm making is that shill bidding can't artificially boost morket prices if someone is willing to pay that amount for it.
Last edited by henna on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

thread is being locked to allow for cool-off....

will be re-opened at a later time after everyone simmers down.....
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

Barbie says, "Be nice please."