new member / flipper rant

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
kylescore
Punk

new member / flipper rant

Post by kylescore »

Ok so I just found this forum and its pretty great, back in 99 my roomate in art school wrote shepard a letter who in turn wrote him back and sdent a ton of cool stencils and some silk screens, a few years later I dug what he was doing and had a new apartment so decided to pick up a print. I remember the website had a dozen or more in stock prints to choose from, I settled on a 01, Ministry of Information print, I was stoked on it but didnt think too much about it till I decided that I now had a nice house and I figured Id like a few more prints. I had no idea that obey had grown to have the following that it does today.
I decided that i liked the duality of humanity 3 print and i was going to get it, the faq said i might have a hard time due to alot of hits on the server, but i had no idea it was going to be that crazy. I had my girlfriend at her office hitting the refresh button on the page all day, then the server crashed! no problem, they put it up the next day but didnt say what time, so all day we did the same thing until sometime late in the evening it showed up, the server was ssooo slow, but this had turned into a mission, I had already invested hours upon hours of refreshing my screen, Anyway, I finally got to the page where i complete my paypal transfer, and then i get a message saying the item had expired in my cart! ARGHHHHH it took 30 minutes from the time I saw it in the store to the time I got that error. fast forward to today where I see at least 5 flippers pawning off the print on ebay. how frustrating!
Well I tried again today to see if i could get the Tyrant Boot print & Success! not quite as hard as the duality of humanity but the server still crashed once on me. Is this what I should expect every time a print is released? Im so stoked on Obey's no ebay flippers policy, its stuff like that really bums me out when you try so hard because you would genuinely like to have a print and some one else snatches it just to make a crummy $75 profit on ebay. Now i just have to learn to frame my stuff.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

yes you can expect that with every print, even the sh!tty ones like the billboard prints :D
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: new member / flipper rant

Post by conartstudio »

kylescore wrote:Is this what I should expect every time a print is released?

it's been this way for at least two years.... so yes, it's reasonable to expect it every time a new print is released.

good luck and welcome to the forum.