Ebay/Paypal help, shady buyer

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
destroyeric
Giant

Ebay/Paypal help, shady buyer

Post by destroyeric »

I sold a print recently on ebay and I shipped it USPS Priority Mail and also got the delivery confirmation. I checked on Monday and it said that the package was delivered on Sept.20, I've been trying to contact the buyer to make sure everything is cool, 4 days later (Sept.23) he finally replies and says he has yet to receive the print.

Am I f#cked if this shady assshole claims to Paypal he never received the print even though I have the delivery confirmation saying it was delivered?

Anyone run into this BS? Any help would be appreciated.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
guyute73
Posse

Post by guyute73 »

If the delivery confirmation says it's delivered then paypal will side with you if the buyer files a claim. I would suggest that YOU suggest to the buyer to talk to his mail carrier or post office and his neighbors.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: Ebay/Paypal help, shady buyer

Post by Backpackpunk »

as long as you shipped to the address in paypal and as long as the print was under $250.00 you should be ok.
remember kids if you send something out over $250.00 you MUST HAVE signiture conformation.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Mad Daego
Posse

Post by Mad Daego »

For sure. I sell a ton of small stuff on ebay but any big ticket item I make sure to actually SPEAK with the buyer and do the shipping their way. If you have the confirmation you are in the clear, it'd be a shame if the guy isn't screwing you and really got ripped off. Who knows, his girlfriend could have accepted the package and simply forgotten. Stranger things happen. I'm still dealing with a shady seller. Won the auction on the 18th and have sent several emails asking for some contact. I get nothing.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Did not know about the over $250 to get delivery and signature confirmation, I usually only get delivery confirmation, thanks all for the replies. I think when I get everything straight I'm going to chill with any ebay dealings for awhile.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
Mad Daego
Posse

Post by Mad Daego »

Well my situation on my ebay purchased print just got even weirder. Still no contact from the seller (seller feedback rating of zero, only 13 as a buyer) after several unsuccessful email attempts I got their phone number from ebay. Went to a Sprint PCS mailbox, no personal greeting. Someone named Shanna White in Brooklyn. No class.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

destroyeric wrote:I think when I get everything straight I'm going to chill with any ebay dealings for awhile.

Sorry to hear about your stretch of bad luck, man. Sh!tty, for sure, I hope this eBay sale works out properly for you.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Yeah man I've been screwed by buyers with false claims to Paypal before. We'll see.
Mad Daego
Posse

Post by Mad Daego »

I'd rather be screwed by a buyer than a seller. That way all I lose if a few bucks and usually get it refunded. You get screwed by a seller, well, that's bad news. Your case is a bit different though, but insurance and signatures have you covered.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

All is well in hell, buyer says his landlord had it and hadn't told him.

I need to start getting signatures on packages.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

destroyeric wrote:All is well in hell, buyer says his landlord had it and hadn't told him.

Nice, man, glad to hear it got to them and everything is all good.

When I send out tubes I'm going to insure and get signature confirmation as well (is delivery confirmation necessary if you get signature confirmation?) I'm trying to get a good idea of what I should all get when shipping a print so I'm covered, and the buyer/other person is, too.

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

destroyeric
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by destroyeric »

Patillac13 wrote:
destroyeric wrote:All is well in hell, buyer says his landlord had it and hadn't told him.

When I send out tubes I'm going to insure and get signature confirmation as well (is delivery confirmation necessary if you get signature confirmation?) I'm trying to get a good idea of what I should all get when shipping a print so I'm covered, and the buyer/other person is, too.

If you are using USPS, I think if you opt for signature confirmation the delivery confirmation is included.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

destroyeric wrote:
Patillac13 wrote:

If you are using USPS, I think if you opt for signature confirmation the delivery confirmation is included.

That's my plan from now on then. Thanks.

swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

I just did this yesterday with USPS. They have a charge of 65 cents for a confirmation.

destroyeric wrote:
Patillac13 wrote:

My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;