Split- Shipping rant... and MORE!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Whoah ... that's pretty quick ... i wonder where mine is ...
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

how did you just get that? i just got my posse 2 and rose shackle like 3 days ago...
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
cwilcox
Posse

Post by cwilcox »

No idea but I know it is for the arab and ali cause I used my new address (moving) and that is what it came under.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

I'm not thrilled when I have to pay for the extra shipping fees from OG, but it's a bargin compared to Ducky Waddles. I just purchased one print and paid $24 for shipping. Thant must be one really cool tube its being shipped in.
PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Ducky ships tube in tube now. With padding around the inner tube to keep it from bumping against the outside tube. When I got my last tube from him, the outside was a little crushed. Then I though, "obey bomb" all over again. Luckily, there was that second tube. Anyone who has ever bought from me knows I am some kind of psycho packager. I like to imagine that it takes someone 30 minutes or so to get to one of my old prints and the excitement level that builds up. :-)

BTW, 4 of you should be getting your prints today or tomorrow. Don't forget to hit me back with an email. Also, for kicks, post a picture of the package before you open it. People will see what I mean when I say bullet proof. lol.
Last edited by robotoil on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

robotoil wrote:...Anyone who has ever bought from me knows I am some kind of psycho packager....see what I mean when I say bullet proof. lol.

WORD...!!!
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

Yo,Leo! You neglected to say that you paid $24.00 shipping for $200.00 print. There is much more to S&H expenses than just the postage cost. It costs more to insure a $200.00 print, PayPal fees are more, etc. If you have a problem you might speak to me first before giveing me s**t in the forum. I can justify my fees and you always have the option to not buy. If you would like to cancel your order please let me know. I was going to process it tomorrow.
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

:shock:
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

DW's shipping and service is top notch (which has been stated many times on this board). You agreed to pay it when you submitted your order so don't complain...
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

lb1469 wrote:I'm not thrilled when I have to pay for the extra shipping fees from OG, but it's a bargin compared to Ducky Waddles. I just purchased one print and paid $24 for shipping. Thant must be one really cool tube its being shipped in.

Wow, not trading with you any time soon...
Our influence will be gigantic.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Settle the hell down, its just screenprints. :-)
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

robotoil wrote:Settle the hell down, its just screenprints. :-)

Word...!!
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

TinManOne wrote:
robotoil wrote:Settle the hell down, its just screenprints. :-)

Word...!!

Double word.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

jwaddle wrote:Yo,Leo! You neglected to say that you paid $24.00 shipping for $200.00 print. There is much more to S&H expenses than just the postage cost. It costs more to insure a $200.00 print, PayPal fees are more, etc. If you have a problem you might speak to me first before giveing me s**t in the forum. I can justify my fees and you always have the option to not buy. If you would like to cancel your order please let me know. I was going to process it tomorrow.

You're right, I didn't consider the higher value of the print but I wasn't trying to give you s**t nor suggesting that the cost would prevent me from buying as I did regardless.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

byrnexxx wrote:DW's shipping and service is top notch (which has been stated many times on this board). You agreed to pay it when you submitted your order so don't complain...

Isn't that why this entire catergory and string exists - to vent.

None of us are going to stop buying prints on OG, DW or elsewhere just because we feel that the shipping may be a bit higher than we would like it to be, but it dosen't stop this string from growing.

If you don't want to hear other peoples complaints then maybe you shouldn't veiw this string.
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

As a result of this discussion I will create on my site a page that will more completely explain my S&H fees and will allow a potential buyer to prefigure their fees prior to buying. I also confirmed that on OG a $200 order will result in a $24 S&H fee. Knowledge is power and ignorance is bliss. Keep the lines of communication open.
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Not to beat this to death, but don't you already do that on your site shipping estimate link when you add a print to your cart? Regardless I think having blurb on the site about your S/H policy would help eliminate confusion and better educate the would be buyer.
lunystitchmonkey
Rescue Ranger

Post by lunystitchmonkey »

aww look at this thread, it's like threapy

first everyone lashes out at each other and then everyone works together to solve the problem and agrees that the previous argument was just a misunderstanding.

CRISIS AVERTED!

Good Job Team!
Some Times...Some Crimes...Go Slipping Through the Cracks.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

lb1469 wrote:
byrnexxx wrote:DW's shipping and service is top notch (which has been stated many times on this board). You agreed to pay it when you submitted your order so don't complain...

None of us are going to stop buying prints on OG, DW or elsewhere just because we feel that the shipping may be a bit higher than we would like it to be, but it dosen't stop this string from growing.

If you don't want to hear other peoples complaints then maybe you shouldn't veiw this string.

lb1469, this is NOT directed at you. Just some closing remarks for the future.

Well this is all resolved and amicably at that. But, I would add, while this is a place to vent, venting is usually directed at a big nameless corporations like UPS. I would not use this forum to vent against anyone personally, especially someone who is on this board or someone you are currently buying something from unless all other routes have been exhausted.

Just words of caution people. That next print you want may be in the hands of an enemy. And, with the net being as it is today, there is no chance for makeup sex. :-)
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

frankfurterin' A-right!
avoid disappointment and future regret
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

robotoil wrote:
lb1469 wrote:

lb1469, this is NOT directed at you. Just some closing remarks for the future.

Well this is all resolved and amicably at that. But, I would add, while this is a place to vent, venting is usually directed at a big nameless corporations like UPS. I would not use this forum to vent against anyone personally, especially someone who is on this board or someone you are currently buying something from unless all other routes have been exhausted.

Just words of caution people. That next print you want may be in the hands of an enemy. And, with the net being as it is today, there is no chance for makeup sex. :-)

You're absolutely right Robotoil. I didn't realize that my comments would be considered as sounding harsh and meant no disrespect to anyone on this board. It was more of an observation than a complaint. After Jerry's explination the S&H makes more sense (so thank for the info Jerry).