Ikea's frames should burn in hell.

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
hercylicious
Giant

Ikea's frames should burn in hell.

Post by hercylicious »

ok so i bought an ikea frame earlier today for my war by numbers offset , so im like cool its cheap. i go home etc etc , and what a freaking surprise when i opened the frame , its not a glass , its frankfurter plastic , thats freakin unbelievable , and the frame is so poorly built , i just put it back in the car , gonna drive an hour tomorrow to bring it back.
needed to rant a bit , i almost smashed the frame , frankfurter ikea. :evil:
slidingaround
Giant

Re: Ikea's frames should burn in hell.

Post by slidingaround »

hercylicious wrote:ok so i bought an ikea frame earlier today for my war by numbers offset , so im like cool its cheap. i go home etc etc , and what a freaking surprise when i opened the frame , its not a glass , its frankfurter plastic , thats freakin unbelievable , and the frame is so poorly built , i just put it back in the car , gonna drive an hour tomorrow to bring it back.
needed to write about it , i almost smashed the frame , frankfurter ikea. :evil:

Weird, ones iv bought from there have been glass, must be different in France.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

hercylicious wrote:ok so i bought an ikea frame earlier today for my war by numbers offset , so im like cool its cheap. i go home etc etc , and what a freaking surprise when i opened the frame , its not a glass , its frankfurter plastic , thats freakin unbelievable , and the frame is so poorly built , i just put it back in the car , gonna drive an hour tomorrow to bring it back.
needed to rant a bit , i almost smashed the frame , frankfurter ikea. :evil:

The points fall out too! Bad :(
Last edited by rhombus_77 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ideabolo
Giant

Post by ideabolo »

99% of my 1st apartment was equipped with ikea. last week my last remaining ikea piece, a metal colander named smöreboed (or something like that) passed away. i hate ikea!
please check: TOYKIO & my instagram is: toykio
TBlaze
Giant

Re:

Post by TBlaze »

ideabolo wrote:99% of my 1st apartment was equipped with ikea. last week my last remaining ikea piece, a metal colander named smöreboed (or something like that) passed away. i hate ikea!

Bought a dresser for my little one, added the child locks to it, 1 week later she broke right through the wood and openned 2 drawers...
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Only the large frames have plastic. The smaller sized 50cmx70cm have glass.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

IKEA sux
Submit. Rapture.
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

I have some IKEA stuff that is good ... dresser, leather chair, tall kitchen table, dry erase board ... it's great for how inexpensive it was. If you go to the store in person it's easy to see what stuff is cheap or poorly made vs. good stuff.
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

I think IKEA is great. Just don't expect it to be something it's not and you will be happy. When my ex and I split I had to buy all the little garbage that you don't think of untill it's not in the drawer. IKEA was there for me in my time of need. Sure I had to put up with friends ripping on me, saying things like "what kind of can opener is that?" and "is this flatware is for people who had they're fingers cut off?" but all in all they have some pretty cool, cheap, functional stuff that will get you where you need to go.
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

They're also a very responsible corporation. (not sarcastic)
Yantra and mantra create tantra.