WARNING: AemptyS=TBlaze: Details of a Scam artist CAUGHT!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
add 'em
Swindler

WARNING: AemptyS=TBlaze: Details of a Scam artist CAUGHT!

Post by add 'em »

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=28253

posting this at the request of subtle on eb...mods move or do what you will....thanks..adam

quoting starting here...

Ok... This is the End all thread (sorry codeblue...last one)

I have had Countless PM's from many many users about this ordeal. I can not respond to all of them (I appreciate everyones help and concern),
I am spent on this issue. Here are the details (without breaking EB's privacy policy) about how we got our garbage back (a very shortened version)!

Cubbiephan and I first got into contact about this AemptyS Eb'er. Both of us sent prints, both of us got nothing in return.

The address we sent our stuff to was the same, as well as the 'fake' name we sent it to! (I cannot say this info due to EB's privacy policy)

So.... i live an hour and a half from Santa Monica, where we sent out stuff. I drove there last week and knocked on the door.

The residents there knew nothing of what i was talking about. I called Cubbiephan (we have spent hours on the phone, exchanging our investigative information). Since He is out of state, he needed me to go to the physical address. He spent his time investigating different leads we had gotten from mulitple EB'ers and members of thegiant.org. He found a work address of a man tied to a paypal account we had gotten a lead from. This was our culprit (not the residents of the address we sent it to)! read on....

I showed up at his work. I got his coworkers phone number. We called. She confessed that she knew him, and that he had shown her our prints a couple weeks prior! Identified them, without us even queing her!!! amazing!

We get his personal phone number. We call it. I arrange to meet with him 2 days later back in Santa Monica. He promised us our prints back if we
agreed not to Have him arrested. We agreed. I met him, he gave us our prints! He had them, yet still claimed he was innocent. He says he was only cooperating to avoid the law. hmm....sure...innocent. Arranging to meet a complete stranger and hand over prints? He is 500 percent Guilty at this point especially when my print he returned was the EXACT print i had sent to the address in Santa Monica!

He acted like he was a hero for returning our prints. I refrained myself from cutting his throat. And I left happy.

HOWEVER, He admitted that his real EB account is TBlaze, and begged me not to expose it. Well, i guess I chose to say drymount him i suppose.

HERE IS THE DEAL! Him and his girlfriend have scammed atleast 4 people (ourselves included, and i am sure there are countless others), two others in Europe for over $10,000 in prints.

Him and his girlfriend worked together as a couple to create a million different fake email accounts, and fake EB accounts to do this.

They had the posters all sent to an address that this guy had access to through his work. He works for the City of Santa Monica. He would use this address as his "pick up" location, with a fake name and all! The actual residents of the address knew nothing, because they lived in an apartment and never saw the tubes because they were delivered to the office of the apartment building and picked up before they ever got notice! (This is where he would show up and collect them, without anyone knowing it!)

This is a very short version. You get the gist of how we cracked the case on this jerk and his poodle of a girlfriend.

I do not doubt that through the perseverance of the people who he screwed in Europe (since they actually have money tied to his name through paypal) That this man and his girlfriend will face the LAW. He will lose his job, and most likely end up in jail if not, prison.

I can not speak much on the details of this, as I have agreed with his employer not to. They will be handling this when the garbage hits the fan through paypal.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE....

TBlaze may have made some "legit" trades with people here on EB, or on TheGiant.org. HOWEVER, This is your warning. Do NOT MESS WITH THESE USERS! The admins on thegiant.com have tied his IP address from Work and Home to both of these accounts. STAY AWAY!!!! Especially if someone is asking you to send prints to an apartment building on Santa Monica Blvd!

I am absolutely exhausted over all of this. I have answered over 80 pms if not more in the past 3 days. I am trying to distance myself from this situation now that Cubbiephan and I have settled this on our end.

All i can do is Share our story. Please do not PM me asking for any more details (unless you have actually gone through with a trade with either of these EB accounts). I simply can not answer any more PM's about this.

I will say this....I have a wealth of personal Information about this guy and his girlfriend. Including the year, make, model, and license plate number of the car they drive their family in! I have shared all of this Information with the people in Europe who are trying everything they can to strike a deal with this guy. I believe that they will have justice served in due time.

If you have actually made it to the bottom of this post. congrats. Sorry it is sooo long. It is just easier for me to do this, then answer a million PM's about this. I love Expressobeans, and I want it to be a SAFE community!!!! This is the only reason I am sharing this story. In the hopes of maybe saving someone from having to go through what Myself, Cubbiephan, and others have had to go through. I must get sleep now. Cheers.
Last edited by Subtle on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Subtle
Art Connoisseur

Private message Codeblue wrote:
Nevermind, I confused myself.Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report this postReply with quote by Subtle on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:47 pm

ps. Can someone please post this on TheGiant.org. I feel they should know about this person too since Him and his girl have accounts on there. Thanks.
add 'em subtract 'em
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

Fantastic!
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: WARNING: AemptyS=TBlaze: Details of a Scam artist CAUGHT!

Post by Backpackpunk »

Quick question, other then this person saying they go by the name TBlaze on theGaint do you have any other evidence that it really is TBlaze. Anyone who is on these boards could easily just pick out a random name to cover to they really are.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

so does this have anything to do with the time that someone came on here and said that Tblaze died suddenly in a car accident?
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

wow, that's F'n SHADY!!!!!
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
add 'em
Swindler

Post by add 'em »

Backpackpunk wrote:Quick question, other then this person saying they go by the name TBlaze on theGaint do you have any other evidence that it really is TBlaze. Anyone who is on these boards could easily just pick out a random name to cover to they really are.

nope..

posted per the request of subtle..

mods can do what they will...
add 'em subtract 'em
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

just read that whole thing and I feel somewhat dumber then before reading it. It was all over the place, I have no idea what I just read. So is tblaze dating a poodle?
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

add 'em wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:Quick question, other then this person saying they go by the name TBlaze on theGaint do you have any other evidence that it really is TBlaze. Anyone who is on these boards could easily just pick out a random name to cover to they really are.

nope..

I'm not saying your wrong, but its highly suspect, esp if you have no real evidence to prove it. your possibly trashing the reputation of a very upstanding member without any hard evidence. :/

I would get more facts before you start posting threads like this.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

We know that TBlaze-- the TBlaze registered here-- works where the EB author says he does. I called him there, at work, back during the "TBlaze died in an auto accident" bullsh^t. The details correlate between what is claimed on EB and what we (mods and admins) know.

We also know that AemptyS-- the AemptyS registered here-- claimed to be TBlaze's wife/girl in a thread that has since been deleted (by AemptyS).

Finally, we know that the IP addresses for TBlaze, AemptyS and one other account (that claimed to be TBlaze's brother, back when TBlaze had supposedly been killed) all match at both the residence and work level.

There are other details at the email address level I won't go into.

But I have a high degree of confidence in saying the eBeans poster's story isn't unfairly maligning someone whose identity was "stolen."
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
add 'em
Swindler

Post by add 'em »

Backpackpunk wrote:
add 'em wrote:

nope..

I'm not saying your wrong, but its highly suspect, esp if you have no real evidence to prove it. your possibly trashing the reputation of a very upstanding member without any hard evidence. :/

I would get more facts before you start posting threads like this.

just trying to be helpful...all any of us has is reputation and i respect that...

this is what two guys on eb are saying and evryone will take it for what they will...

dont shoot the messenger..this was gonna end up here anyway..

AND..because it is what it is lets let the mods decide...
add 'em subtract 'em
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

admonkey wrote:

We know that TBlaze-- the TBlaze registered here-- works where the EB author says he does. I called him there, at work, back during the "TBlaze died in an auto accident" bullsh^t. The details correlate between what is claimed on EB and what we (mods and admins) know.

We also know that AemptyS-- the AemptyS registered here-- claimed to be TBlaze's wife/girl in a thread that has since been deleted (by AemptyS).

Finally, we know that the IP addresses for TBlaze, AemptyS and one other account (that claimed to be TBlaze's brother, back when TBlaze had supposedly been killed) all match at both the residence and work level.

But I have a high degree of confidence in saying the eBeans poster's story isn't unfairly maligning someone whose identity was "stolen."

I've met Tblaze in person at the place of business mentioned, so I have no reason to think that this is a case of mistaken identity.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
cubbiephan
Punk

Post by cubbiephan »

admonkey wrote:

that about sums it up. i am one of those eb'ers that is/was involved. there is a ton of evidence, don't for a minute think we posted this stuff without having our facts straight. i even pm'ed a few members here, and found that they had some shady dealings with "them" in the past and for some strainge reason didn't post about it.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

Well if thats the case then I have no reason not to believe you and we all owe you a thank you for making sure no one else gets ripped off.
It's really sad to think that someone who seems to be very legit turns out to be a fraud.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

WOW. I'VE MET HIM BEFORE WHEN I WAS IN LA LAST YEAR. SEEMED ALRIGHT. NEVER HAD ANY TRANSACTIONS WITH HIM THOUGH.

THEN AGAIN...I THOUGHT LB1469 WAS ON THE LEVEL AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT. :wink:

YOU'RE STILL A PUNK buttocks B!TCH LEO.
electrachrome
Posse

Post by electrachrome »

Backpackpunk wrote:It's really sad to think that someone who seems to be very legit turns out to be a fraud.

no doubt. many of us have spent a great deal of time and effort building these communities (theGiant & EB).
it's truly sad when our trust is violated. I'm at a loss for words... disgusted & disappointed only begin to describe how I feel.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

admonkey wrote:

I just love it when you "get to work". Thanks.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

A REGULAR RICHARDMUTHAFUGGINTRACY!!!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Crazy!! If all this is true, thanks for not ripping me off, Hector.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

Wow that sucks, glad you got things sorted out for you two, but thanks for the heads up if this is true
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lepublicnme
Giant

Re:

Post by lepublicnme »

Gigantico wrote:Crazy!! If all this is true, thanks for not ripping me off, Hector.

XXXXX
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

Didn't he win one of the thegiant.org contests? A retired stencil...
My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

swellstylez wrote:Didn't he win one of the thegiant.org contests? A retired stencil...

I think that was Mira
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

rhombus_77 wrote:
swellstylez wrote:Didn't he win one of the thegiant.org contests? A retired stencil...

I think that was Mira

I concur.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Patillac13 wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:

I think that was Mira

I concur.

I will third it. :)