Paypal/Ebay: On hold: Ship now??

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
obey908
Posse

Paypal/Ebay: On hold: Ship now??

Post by obey908 »

What the hell is this? I sold a print on ebay and I won't get my money until the buyer receives the print. Is this something new on ebay, or did i select something? I think this is bullgarbage, you don't buy something from a website, have them ship it to you, then you tell them when to charge you. Why should I have to wait on the buyer? I needed this money for black friday!!!!
:evil:

/rant
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Paypal/Ebay: On hold: Ship now??

Post by zanzi123 »

obey908 wrote:What the hell is this? I sold a print on ebay and I won't get my money until the buyer receives the print. Is this something new on ebay, or did i select something? I think this is bullgarbage, you don't buy something from a website, have them ship it to you, then you tell them when to charge you. Why should I have to wait on the buyer? I needed this money for black friday!!!!
:evil:

/rant
that aint right
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

Yep, they've had that policy for a few months now.
there's nothing you could do about it.
go half way down this thread for the previous discussion.
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... rt=25#wrap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
obey908
Posse

Post by obey908 »

durn, thats beat
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

bullllllllllllcrap :!:
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
stickertraders
Swindler

Post by stickertraders »

Can you say "Monopoly?"
http://stickertraders.com (Trade Stickers with the World)
Duke
Swindler

Post by Duke »

I've had problems with that in the last couple weeks too...I had to send emails to paypal to release the money well after feedback was left.
‘Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator and change has its enemies.’
- Robert Kennedy
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

http://reviews.ebay.com/PayPal-2008-Cha ... 0005528443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

Indie Zombie
Swindler

Post by Indie Zombie »

Ya I think this happened to me a while back. If you make your auction a BIN with immediete payment required you get the funds right away.
"Did you know it's still illegal to be black in Arizona?!"-Tracy Jordan
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

robotoil wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ide:1&rd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Typical Texas girl; dime a dozen. Rates as a 4.5 around these parts. Maybe a 4.75.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
extremeimages77
Giant

Re:

Post by extremeimages77 »

admonkey wrote:
robotoil wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ide:1&rd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Typical Texas girl; dime a dozen. Rates as a 4.5 around these parts. Maybe a 4.75.
not too many cowgirls around my town...ill give her an eight
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
guppy
Posse

Post by guppy »

This recently happened to me also and it seems paypal takes there sweet buttocks time to release the funds even after the 2 of the 3 things to release your funds were made. The buyer left me a feedback and I provided the shipping confirmation was delivered and only after 3 days of waiting and a phone call later I got my money into my paypal account...
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

This happened to me also. I sold an item on the 27 of November i think it was, the seller didnt pay me for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!! I needed the money quickly thats why i sold the print, otherwise i never would of sold it! He eventually payed and paypal still have my money cos the dude said the print was scratched when i KNOW it was mint when i sent it to him. He wants a refund and paypal have about £600 of my money, so thats nearly a month and i still have'nt been payed! :(
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

Sometimes, in the long run, it just ain't worth the hassle. I often feel like this when I sell on the bay. So much easier to sell and trade on forums.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Is this holding your money sh!t only through ebay auctions?

Would the same garbage happen if you sold outside of ebay?
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
slidingaround
Giant

Re:

Post by slidingaround »

destroyeric wrote:Is this holding your money sh!t only through ebay auctions?

Would the same garbage happen if you sold outside of ebay?
Im not sure, i think mine was cos it was a high amount! 600+
cubbiephan
Punk

Re:

Post by cubbiephan »

Indie Zombie wrote:Ya I think this happened to me a while back. If you make your auction a BIN with immediete payment required you get the funds right away.

this isn't true. i had my money held for an auction with a BIN and immediate payment required. i think its really just a crepe shoot on when paypal decides to hold your cash. they are probably making millions on the interest.
Indie Zombie
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by Indie Zombie »

cubbiephan wrote:
Indie Zombie wrote:Ya I think this happened to me a while back. If you make your auction a BIN with immediete payment required you get the funds right away.

this isn't true. i had my money held for an auction with a BIN and immediate payment required. i think its really just a crepe shoot on when paypal decides to hold your cash. they are probably making millions on the interest.
Really? this is so odd. I wonder why they are doing this and there has to be some sort of criteria for holding the money. It cant just be random, could it?
wildbill
Posse

Post by wildbill »

Just found out about this.....

The money is in your account, but you cannot access it. Be sure to follow the seller protection policy perfectly and it shouldn't be a problem................

Seller protection policy was expanded and update on October 18th to offer more protection for international transactions.

If I'm not mistaken, "on hold ship now" will apply to any items over $250, or for any seller with a feedback rating of less than 100
password
Giant

Post by password »

Indie Zombie wrote:
cubbiephan wrote:

Really? this is so odd. I wonder why they are doing this and there has to be some sort of criteria for holding the money. It cant just be random, could it?
I think it has to do with your seller feedback and selling history on eBay. Did you guys sell those items on new eBay accounts?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

password wrote:
Indie Zombie wrote:
cubbiephan wrote:

I think it has to do with your seller feedback and selling history on eBay. Did you guys sell those items on new eBay accounts?
Yeah, I'm guessing I haven't run in to this since my feedback is over 100.
Indie Zombie
Swindler

Post by Indie Zombie »

wildbill wrote:Just found out about this.....

The money is in your account, but you cannot access it. Be sure to follow the seller protection policy perfectly and it shouldn't be a problem................

Seller protection policy was expanded and update on October 18th to offer more protection for international transactions.

If I'm not mistaken, "on hold ship now" will apply to any items over $250, or for any seller with a feedback rating of less than 100
I sold an item for $500 about a week ago and those funds werent held but my feedback is over 100. So is it for $250 AND rating of less than 100. Sounds like the sellers with over 100 are immune.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

password wrote:
Indie Zombie wrote:
cubbiephan wrote:

Iv had my account for a few years, only got about 50 transactions and 100 % feedback, but think the feedback system has changed now!
password
Giant

Post by password »

sliding...how many sales did you have on the account? I do agree that Paypal and eBay protect the buyer much more than the seller and it sucks.