Paypal/Ebay: On hold: Ship now??

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
slidingaround
Giant

Re:

Post by slidingaround »

password wrote:sliding...how many sales did you have on the account? I do agree that Paypal and eBay protect the buyer much more than the seller and it sucks.
48 or 49 transactions in total and thats probably about 15 of which were i have sold!
wildbill
Posse

Re: Paypal/Ebay: On hold: Ship now??

Post by wildbill »

Indie Zombie wrote:
wildbill wrote:Just found out about this.....

The money is in your account, but you cannot access it. Be sure to follow the seller protection policy perfectly and it shouldn't be a problem................

Seller protection policy was expanded and update on October 18th to offer more protection for international transactions.

If I'm not mistaken, "on hold ship now" will apply to any items over $250, or for any seller with a feedback rating of less than 100
I sold an item for $500 about a week ago and those funds werent held but my feedback is over 100. So is it for $250 AND rating of less than 100. Sounds like the sellers with over 100 are immune.
Yes, if your feedback is over 100, you are "immune"

If your feedback is less than 100 and the item is over $250......funds will be held.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

Ebay's been facing some business challenges for a while, and I can't fault them for trying to make it safe to do business there. But I don't understand why they tend to implement changes that create a significant disincentive to go there as a buyer, and particularly as a seller. It used to be pretty fun to shop on fleabay.
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
wildbill
Posse

Re:

Post by wildbill »

Tad Ghostal wrote:Ebay's been facing some business challenges for a while, and I can't fault them for trying to make it safe to do business there. But I don't understand why they tend to implement changes that create a significant disincentive to go there as a buyer, and particularly as a seller. It used to be pretty fun to shop on fleabay.
Hows it going Tad???

they've had some big loopholes lingering for a while.

I've stayed away..........but the new "extended seller protection" closes the biggest loophole, so I've given them another chance.
slidingaround
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by slidingaround »

wildbill wrote:
Tad Ghostal wrote:Ebay's been facing some business challenges for a while, and I can't fault them for trying to make it safe to do business there. But I don't understand why they tend to implement changes that create a significant disincentive to go there as a buyer, and particularly as a seller. It used to be pretty fun to shop on fleabay.
Hows it going Tad???

they've had some big loopholes lingering for a while.

I've stayed away..........but the new "extended seller protection" closes the biggest loophole, so I've given them another chance.
What is that?
Dirty Frank
Punk

Post by Dirty Frank »

http://www.tamebay.com/2008/10/paypal-g ... -hold.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

wildbill wrote: Yes, if your feedback is over 100, you are "immune"

If your feedback is less than 100 and the item is over $250......funds will be held.
There must be more to it than that. I have under 100 feedback and have sold several items over $250 (one over $1000) in the last few months. None of the money has been held.
obey908
Posse

Post by obey908 »

i hate this thing. the buyer got the print today, and now i have to wait around for his feedback or wait 21 days?!?!?!?

ughhh wanted this for blackfriday
wildbill
Posse

Post by wildbill »

Policy for payment holds for eBay items

What is a payment hold for eBay items?
It is a hold that PayPal places on a payment you receive for an item you sold on eBay. The amounts held will be shown as "Pending" in your PayPal account. You still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.

Why are my payments being held?
Payment holds for eBay items are an effort to increase marketplace safety. We hold payments when we suspect a transaction may be risky. Here are the most common instances in which an eBay item payment may be held:

* You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100
* You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100
* You have a buyer dissatisfaction percentage* greater than 5%
* You have an average DSR of less than 4.5
* You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
* You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics.

When will PayPal release the hold?
Your funds will be released when one of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback
* 3 days pass after proof the item was delivered**
* 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction

We may hold the funds longer if your buyer files a dispute, claim, chargeback, reversal or has otherwise taken action to dispute the transaction.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payment holds for eBay items.

* Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by adding negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative & neutral Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings scores of 2 or less, and Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described disputes.

** This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) upload tracking information to PayPal via the transaction details page. If a payment is being held, it will be shown as "Pending" in your PayPal account until it is released.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

This is really crapy....

I sold a piece and need the funds to ship the piece to Germany..... I have no money right now and his is really puttin me in a tough spot....
not to mention how does this protect a seller in any way...?
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
extremeimages77
Giant

Re:

Post by extremeimages77 »

TinManOne wrote:This is really crapy....

I sold a piece and need the funds to ship the piece to Germany..... I have no money right now and his is really puttin me in a tough spot....
not to mention how does this protect a seller in any way...?
last thing i shipped to germany to selim cost 55 bucks. would suck to have to cover something like that if somebody was selling when hurting for cash
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
obey908
Posse

Post by obey908 »

the buyer has had the print for 4days now, and still no feedback :( guess he is making me wait out the 21days
wildbill
Posse

Re:

Post by wildbill »

obey908 wrote:the buyer has had the print for 4days now, and still no feedback :( guess he is making me wait out the 21days
assuming you had trackable shipping, give them a call and they may release the money for you...

there is a link ("add tracking info") on your paypal details page where you can enter in the tracking number of the shipment and paypal will automatically check it...