According to jwaddle, what are you?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.

According to jwaddle, what is your role on this forum?

pickpocket
6%
panhandler
14%
drug dealer
23%
idle youth
23%
busker
19%
harlequin
14%

Total votes: 64

Impogotheclown
Punk

Post by Impogotheclown »

Quit bad mouthing my dad. He works really really hard to come up with the BS it takes to lure buyers into paying twice what something is worth only for the security and prestige of buying from someone with an illustrious reputation.
Duckling Waddle
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

Impogotheclown wrote:Quit bad mouthing my dad. He works really really hard to come up with the BS it takes to lure buyers into paying twice what something is worth only for the security and prestige of buying from someone with an illustrious reputation.

Jesus, is that you?
jwaddle
Posse

Re:

Post by jwaddle »

My list was not meant to be all inclusive. It was just a sampling of the denizens found in the public market place. I didn't mean to exclude the shyster or the price gouging cretin looking for quick cash.

I found this quite entertaining until Impotent the Clown came in.

Impogotheclown wrote:Quit bad mouthing my dad. He works really really hard to come up with the BS it takes to lure buyers into paying twice what something is worth only for the security and prestige of buying from someone with an illustrious reputation.

"Quit badmouthing my dad" !!! If this is an example of your humor, it would seem that you are advertising the fact that you are only in the fifth grade, or maybe it's just your level of intellectual immaturity. :roll: I was actually looking forward to you providing us with hours and hours of entertainment and the best you can come up with is "Quit badmouthing my dad"? I must say, I'm disappointed in you. Now I understand why you flunked out of clown school. Clowns are supposed to be funny but you are intellectually impotent. This is what Impotent the Clown has to say about himself. "I'm a shyster" and " I'm also a price gouging cretin looking for quick cash". I take you at your word. Especially the "cretin" part. My question to you is; Who do you identify with the most, Bevis or Butthead? Can you change your own diapers yet or do you just wallow in your own $hit all day? :lol:
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium
zanzi123
Giant

Re: According to jwaddle, what are you?

Post by zanzi123 »

:lol:
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
circa77
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by circa77 »

jwaddle wrote: Who do you identify with the most, Bevis or Butthead?:

I have to say, this made me laugh. :)

oh, and can someone add "denizen" to the list?
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

jwaddle wrote:My list was not meant to be all inclusive. It was just a sampling of the denizens found in the public market place. I didn't mean to exclude the shyster or the price gouging cretin looking for quick cash.

Dang, we probably need a new poll then! :? :P
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Gigantico wrote:
jwaddle wrote:My list was not meant to be all inclusive. It was just a sampling of the denizens found in the public market place. I didn't mean to exclude the shyster or the price gouging cretin looking for quick cash.

Dang, we probably need a new poll then! :? :P

http://www.funny-potato.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/lolcano.gif
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

****MOD NOTE: THIS POST AND SEVERAL THAT FOLLOW HAVE BEEN MERGED FROM ANOTHER, COMPLETELY UNRELATED THREAD. THEY ARE MORE APPROPRIATE HERE. ****
Cookie Head wrote:
guppy wrote:Chinese Soldiers 2 $710:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shepard-Fairey-Chin ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shill tastic? "Hand pulled" right.
Shilltastic, perhaps, but I don't think so.

It's obvious b***o wanted this print. They chased it all the way to the top. b***o went in at the last minute and placed three bids raising their high bid each time just to be sure they got it. It is a great print and has been undervalued. I have sold 30 of them, the last one in August 2008 for $450. But then of course all of you know I always GOUGE my clients with my outrageously high prices endlessly feeding huge bundles of greenbacks onto my oversized wallet making my hip pocket stretch out of shape and making my butt drag the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just ask Raggadrop "You can't gouge them all, I guess." He's the most recent to weigh in on this topic a few posts ahead of this one. I'll get back to him later.

The strong image of the soldiers, the flowers in their gun barrels, the peace dove (dominant) and the rays in the background make a strong statement about peace. When someone wants a print this bad it opens up an opportunity for a shill situation. This seller has had two recent sales that achieved less than stellar results. A Peace Ornament that sold for $151.10 and Chuck D at $142.50, both well within the recent ranges for these items.

If there was a shill here it was obviously u***d. Their bids of $500 and $700 seem to be very strategically placed. This person is also new to e-bay with only a 6 feedback rating however their bid history indicates that they have bid on 4 items with a totlal number of bids at 5, two of which were on this print. This would seem to indicate that they had made one bid each on three previous auctions and been out bid each time. For a newbie, frustration resulting from this scenario might result in higher than usual bids as is the case with their bids for the Chinese Soldiers. I don't think this was a shill situation. I think is just just a further manifestation of Shepard's increased popularity and new (and uninformed) buyers coming into the market. It is foreshadowing of things to come. Get used to it.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

My "shilltastic" comment was more of a question than a statement of fact, and as usual, Jerry sums it up perfectly. This image is strong, and as I remember it was the first instant sellout on OG, dropped in the middle of the night and gone before dawn on the West Coast. That said I'll let mine go for $700!
jwaddle
Posse

Re: overprication

Post by jwaddle »

Raggadrop wrote:
jwaddle wrote: Doh!!
I just sold one for $250.00
You can't gouge them all, I guess.
You people have to get over this. If your ignorance places you in the situation that prevents you from accurately evaluating the value of Shepard's art then don't blame me. When I see a comment like this I always consider the source. This person, "Raggadrop", does not know me, they don't know anything about my business and they don't really know very much about Shepard and his art work. (He, she or it) is just parroting back what it has read elsewhere on this forum and is bandwagoneering and piling on and in the process reinforcing it's (yes, you are an it) own (pitifully small) ego.

A comment like this is just CH4, more commnly known as a phart and we all know the source of a pharts is an A$$HOLE. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by jwaddle on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: official Ebay WOW this print went high Thread

Post by MrMurk »

jwaddle wrote:
Doh!!

jwaddle wrote:
"If your ignorance places you in the situation that prevents you from accurately evaluating the value of Shepard's art then don't blame me."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

MrMurk wrote:jwaddle wrote:
Doh!!

jwaddle wrote:
"If your ignorance places you in the situation that prevents you from accurately evaluating the value of Shepard's art then don't blame me."

The one I sold was a consignment item and it was sold based on the price the consignment party dictated. My post was a joke. Doh! And you, Murky, are the one that is cutting your prices.

What's the problem? Not selling much and by the way any one that wants portfolios cheaper than Murky sells them can go here;
http://www.artsupply.com/portfolio/itoyaevo.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or here;
http://www.artsuppliesonline.com/catalo ... ta_id=8606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I passed on stocking them in my gallery. They are available so cheap on line. I just tell my clients where they can buy them. By doing that they have more $$$ to spend on prints in my gallery plus they appreciate the savings. It also leave my funds free to buy more art for my gallery.

There's no reason to wait for Murky to sell enough stuff to be able to afford to restock portfolios when you can buy them now and cheaper elsewhere. Just like people buy prints elsewhere cheaper than I sell them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Murky, you best tend to your own business and stay out of mine. Your erstwhile comments are really stale and they aren't getting any better. It's nice to see that you have given up using old mug shots for you avitar in favor of a real portrait of yourself. What's up with your nose. Have you been using Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon? :roll: Just let us all know when you have your GOING OUT OF BUSINESS sale.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

jwaddle wrote:
Raggadrop wrote:
jwaddle wrote: Doh!!
You can't gouge them all, I guess.
You people have to get over this. If your ignorance places you in the situation that prevents you from accurately evaluating the value of Shepard's art then don't blame me. When I see a comment like this I always consider the source. This person, "Raggadrop", does not know me, they don't know anything about my business and they don't really know very much about Shepard and his art work. (He, she or it) is just parroting back what it has read elsewhere on this forum and is bandwagoneering and piling on and in the process reinforcing it's (yes, you are an it) own (pitifully small) ego.

A comment like this is just CH4, more commnly known as a phart and we all know the source of a pharts is an A$$HOLE. :roll: :roll:
"Ducky/Jerry",
I don't pay much attention, but it is reassuring to learn that others feel the same way about your "business" activities.
Let me understand, your definition of appreciating Shep's art is "sniping" prints on eBAY, "low balling" sellers on the secondary market, or buying direct from OBEY (at their reasonable prices) and then marking up everything to make a profit on your website???? Your flagrant flipping of Shepard's art and having the Balls to complain here about how much money you didn't make truly demonstrates your perspective on the "value" of Shepard's art.
Congratulations on having the forethought to purchase OBEY at a low price - what a genius. While you were speculating on Shepard's art (valuing it as a commodity), I was appreciating the art itself purchasing what I could afford at the time and paying my way through school. To this day, I only purchase from OBEY, reputable galleries or, on occasion, from people who are not out to rip off fellow art enthusiasts. Most of the prints and fine art I own by Shep are framed or in storage to be framed or possibly traded- unlikely -at a later date.
Judging from your constant fighting on this message board, it sounds as though all of the money you have made has made you a very happy person. Perhaps some introspection may be in order...or if times are tough, perhaps a back-up plan for your business ...I would recommend investing in your education instead of art. It sounds as though you could use a change.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

Cool it down fellas--not the venue for this conversation at all.

Get it back on topic.
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

wow...in my opinion pretty f n vicious in hea...where is stickee with the popcorn...bout to get good
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

jwaddle wrote:
MrMurk wrote:jwaddle wrote:
Doh!!

jwaddle wrote:

The one I sold was a consignment item and it was sold based on the price the consignment party dictated. My post was a joke. Doh! And you, Murky, are the one that is cutting your prices.

What's the problem? Not selling much and by the way any one that wants portfolios cheaper than Murky sells them can go here;
http://www.artsupply.com/portfolio/itoyaevo.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or here;
http://www.artsuppliesonline.com/catalo ... ta_id=8606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I passed on stocking them in my gallery. They are available so cheap on line. I just tell my clients where they can buy them. By doing that they have more $$$ to spend on prints in my gallery plus they appreciate the savings. It also leave my funds free to buy more art for my gallery.

There's no reason to wait for Murky to sell enough stuff to be able to afford to restock portfolios when you can buy them now and cheaper elsewhere. Just like people buy prints elsewhere cheaper than I sell them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Murky, you best tend to your own business and stay out of mine. Your erstwhile comments are really stale and they aren't getting any better. It's nice to see that you have given up using old mug shots for you avitar in favor of a real portrait of yourself. What's up with your nose. Have you been using Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon? :roll: Just let us all know when you have your GOING OUT OF BUSINESS sale.
From the phone calls and PM's and now this rant I am starting to think you might have a crush, go easy big guy. :lol:

I will beat any of your prices and do so regularly.

I dont have plans to stock any more portfolios because packing and shipping them is more than I care to undertake for the margin.

Anyways, I appreciate your concern and actually I did close my physical store to start a new business so thanks for the kind words and dont let the irony and hypocrisy rake hit you in the nuts on the way out.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

Jerry is the man!

Mr. Murk is good people as well

can't we just all get along?
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

MrMurk wrote:
From the phone calls and PM's and now this rant I am starting to think you might have a crush, go easy big guy. :lol:

I will beat any of your prices and do so regularly.

I dont have plans to stock any more portfolios because packing and shipping them is more than I care to undertake for the margin.

Anyways, I appreciate your concern and actually I did close my physical store to start a new business so thanks for the kind words and dont let the irony and hypocrisy rake hit you in the nuts on the way out.
I was just trying to get along but you weren't having any of it. Too bad. Wasted effort on my part. At least I tried. So you failed with the portfolios and now you've failed as an art gallery and you have the guts to accuse me of irony and hypocracy. And by "on the way out" you must mean your way out as I'm not going anywhere. You might beat my prices on the three items you have in stock but what will you do when you sell all three? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

Raggadrop wrote: "Ducky/Jerry",
I don't pay much attention, but it is reassuring to learn that others feel the same way about your "business" activities.
Let me understand, your definition of appreciating Shep's art is "sniping" prints on eBAY, "low balling" sellers on the secondary market, or buying direct from OBEY (at their reasonable prices) and then marking up everything to make a profit on your website???? Your flagrant flipping of Shepard's art and having the Balls to complain here about how much money you didn't make truly demonstrates your perspective on the "value" of Shepard's art.
Congratulations on having the forethought to purchase OBEY at a low price - what a genius. While you were speculating on Shepard's art (valuing it as a commodity), I was appreciating the art itself purchasing what I could afford at the time and paying my way through school. To this day, I only purchase from OBEY, reputable galleries or, on occasion, from people who are not out to rip off fellow art enthusiasts. Most of the prints and fine art I own by Shep are framed or in storage to be framed or possibly traded- unlikely -at a later date.
Judging from your constant fighting on this message board, it sounds as though all of the money you have made has made you a very happy person. Perhaps some introspection may be in order...or if times are tough, perhaps a back-up plan for your business ...I would recommend investing in your education instead of art. It sounds as though you could use a change.
Nothing new here, nothing true here. :roll: Just more CH4. I have answered this post, point by point, in a PM so as not to take up valuable (?) space here. Anyone interested in what I had to say can PM me and I will copy you with my reply. Actually it did have one truthful thing to say and that was this;

"Congratulations on having the forethought to purchase OBEY at a low price - what a genius."
My reply; "Thank you"

Everything else in his post was wrong except the part about him not paying attention. :lol: :lol:
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

jwaddle wrote:
Raggadrop wrote: "Ducky/Jerry",
Nothing new here, nothing true here. :roll: Just more CH4. I have answered this post, point by point, in a PM so as not to take up valuable (?) space here. Anyone interested in what I had to say can PM me and I will copy you with my reply. Actually it did have one truthful thing to say and that was this;

"Congratulations on having the forethought to purchase OBEY at a low price - what a genius."
My reply; "Thank you"

Everything else in his post was wrong except the part about him not paying attention. :lol: :lol:
Jerry,
As a man approaching nearly 70 years of age(!), I cannot believe you are wasting the short time you have left on this earth fighting with people on this message board. I find it tacky that you come on here to gloat about the profits you have made. The truth is that Shep keeps his prices low enough so that more people can afford it. Unfortunately, this also allows certain individuals to profit off of the artist's generosity. I think you are forgetting that Shep's success has to do with his own hard work developing a loyal fan-base; art profiteers like you are simply riding on his coattails.

When exactly was the last show Shep had at your gallery? Was Shep's show Duckywaddles even mentioned at the ICA retrospective?

By the way, (and I can understand your inability to notice this as you are of another generation). When you are communicating online, if you notice someone who tends to make disparaging comments about you suddenly peppers their remarks with a compliment, it is probably safe to assume that they are being sarcastic.

Don't send me any more PMs, I am done with you.
fukum
Posse

Post by fukum »

Looks like 24% are drug dealers in here!
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

where and when does that starter kit drop? Looks tasty :D
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

This has always been a big seller.

http://www.duckywaddles.com/Scripts/pro ... oduct=1497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

jwaddle wrote:This has always been a big seller.

http://www.duckywaddles.com/Scripts/pro ... oduct=1497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LMAO!!! I want it!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

fukum wrote:Looks like 24% are drug dealers in here!

What is the roll of quarters for?