Anyone here Pro Flipper?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
DangerousBri
Swindler

Anyone here Pro Flipper?

Post by DangerousBri »

Is anyone in favor of people flipping to drive the price on the secondary market down? Do you appreciate people that flip instead of hate on them?

I see all this anti-flipper attitude around here, yet I appreciate the flippers. I don't have time to sit around all day and f5. Therefore the more people who are flipping drives the price down. I'd much rather pay another member or ebayer $100 or $125 for a print I want then sit around for 8 hours waiting for a print to drop, then trying to get every screen to load for another hour just to find out that the print is sold out and taken out of my cart when I get to the confirmation screen.

Anyone else around here totally give up on the obey cart and buy exclusively on the secondary market?
Last edited by DangerousBri on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

I think it would be hard to make enough money flipping to go pro, especially in this economy. Of course it goes without saying that a team of trained monkeys would change things dramatically.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

I would'nt consider anyone here PRO flipper , but some are so desperate for a piece of Sheps art that they are forced to take that route.
Indie Zombie
Swindler

Post by Indie Zombie »

I dont usually buy from flippers but I have flipped myself. I dont see the harm in it, I think the people that talk so much trash about flippers are the ones who missed out on a print and think "If that dude wasnt flipping he wouldnt have got a print so that means I would have got the print he got booshit booshit booshit". Flipper haters get bent !(or creased) :lol:
"Did you know it's still illegal to be black in Arizona?!"-Tracy Jordan
analogtrash
Giant

Re: Anyone here Pro Flipper?

Post by analogtrash »

I'm not sure that I would say that I am fully in favor of flipping, but I do agree that it is nice to be able to score a print on the secondary market relatively easily. I am in complete favor of reselling. I think that the distinguishment for me comes down to the actual posession of the print before selling as opposed to scoring one off the site and then listing it before it is received. I am in favor of free market systems without intervention, and I think that the ability to exchange in the secondary market allows us many perks as collectors, whether we're looking to pay a premium for a very rare print, track the value of our collections, or to pick up a print that we missed out on buying direct from obey. My 2 cents.
Shonquan
Giant

Re: Anyone here Pro Flipper?

Post by Shonquan »

analogtrash wrote:I'm not sure that I would say that I am fully in favor of flipping, but I do agree that it is nice to be able to score a print on the secondary market relatively easily. I am in complete favor of reselling. I think that the distinguishment for me comes down to the actual posession of the print before selling as opposed to scoring one off the site and then listing it before it is received. I am in favor of free market systems without intervention, and I think that the ability to exchange in the secondary market allows us many perks as collectors, whether we're looking to pay a premium for a very rare print, track the value of our collections, or to pick up a print that we missed out on buying direct from obey. My 2 cents.

Well put Clates. I completely agree.
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:I think it would be hard to make enough money flipping to go pro

:lol:
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

cybernigel wrote:
hundreddollarhorse wrote:I think it would be hard to make enough money flipping to go pro

:lol:

I know why your laughing :lol: :lol:
DZEL
Giant

Re:

Post by DZEL »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:I think it would be hard to make enough money flipping to go pro, especially in this economy. Of course it goes without saying that a team of trained monkeys would change things dramatically.

but what's your secret?
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

DZEL wrote:
hundreddollarhorse wrote:I think it would be hard to make enough money flipping to go pro, especially in this economy. Of course it goes without saying that a team of trained monkeys would change things dramatically.

but what's your secret?

Again..hahaha