USPS experiences, sending from US to Europe

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
influence
Giant

USPS experiences, sending from US to Europe

Post by influence »

Has anyone had any bad experiences sending to Europe from the US with USPS?
Pretty Vacant
Posse

Post by Pretty Vacant »

Global Priority is the way to go. Always fine from my experience. A bit more expensive, but it gets there quickly and safely. Just make the buyer pay for it :D
PxVx
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

i believe that USPS Global Priority includes $100 insurance and shipping tracking/confirmation.

don't forget to fill out a customs form also!
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

I have never had a problem with USPS and I have had a lot of things shipped that way.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

i shipped a poster to mckenna in a triangle via usps global priority and he got it in about 10-12 days.
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

Yeah, I probably should have added that I was receiving the goods and not shipping them :P. Mike's shipment was particularly quick though as I have had stuff shipped a week before the triangle and still haven't arrived.
zak brannigan
Perro Mojado

Post by zak brannigan »

I have had heaps of problems with shipping to europe via the usps, however I have never used global priority.

And I mostly blame the military postal service for the broken boxes and lateness.
Chris Griffin: Dad, can you help me with my math homework?
Peter Griffin: Math. Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

Mike Panic wrote:i shipped a poster to mckenna in a triangle via usps global priority and he got it in about 10-12 days.

when i shipped a print to ideabolo in germany, i was told there are no "triangles" for USPS Global. something about "triangle boxes are only priority or express within the US". hopefully next time i can find a post office that carries the Global triangle.
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

USPS triangle boxes are used normally for Express, but I have received them via priority mail before.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

the "domestic" triangle box has one side for Priority and one side for Global. depending on which service you want to use, you have to put the address label on the corresponding "side" with the Priority or Global logo.

be careful with that! i had to re-package and re-address a print once b/c i had the Priority label on the Express side of the box. with only 1 window at the post office with 10 people behind you, making them wait for you to re-address a package is not a pleasant feeling. maybe it was just the LA crowd and their tendency to always be in a hurry...
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes