my newest gripe w/ UPS

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Mike Panic
Giant

my newest gripe w/ UPS

Post by Mike Panic »

ok so for many today, it is their last day of work until tuesday and they are in a rush to get the holiday parting started.. great

UPS just came 10 minutes ago w/ my tube (ali & arab woman), it was 6pm here on the east and rainy here in pa... lights are on in my house, its rather obvious im home, i can hear the diesel truck pull up (i live in a quite neighborhood) and the familiar UPS door roll open. 45 seconds later I hear it close and the truck takes off.. I go to my door... what do i see, a tube on my porch. lucky for me my porch has a roof... but the frankfurter didn't even ring the door bell.

a few years ago when i worked for a friend, among the things i did for him was shipping / receiving. in doing so, your bound to build some sort of relationship w/ your usp and fedex drivers cuz you see them at least once a day. i asked him about this practice of just leaving packages on the doorsteps rather then the yellow slip i remember years ago. he told me that they are to ring once, wait up to a minute and then leave, unless delivery sig confirmation is absolutly needed. he said that UPS found it was more cost effective to pay for the few stolen packages that people actually report, then to have the driver fill out one of those yellow notes and then return for a 2nd and 3rd attempt before bringing it back to the home base where a cusotmer could pick it up
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

i would like to add to that...
i got my metropark poster today and it was the last one available non-framed in southern california. i got it and it was the most creased and bent up poster i have ever recieved in all my years of collecting. metropark asked for it though by not even packaging this in packaging paper. i just called to have it picked up for damages next tuesday. when i called metropark to gripe about how they packaged their poster, they pulled a "thats how we got it" type of argument back at me. but im sure they get it shipped safely in a truck that only goes their way from og in bulk. i freakin live in so cal too from where i ordered it. this sucks.

UPS sucks.
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

THAT FRANKFURTER!
Our influence will be gigantic.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Actually the Metroparks I purchased (from MN) looked like they had never been removed from the tube. While it was different packing than what I would get from OG, it was obvious they were kept in a storeroom in tube and labeled just to pull from stock. I would guess they just shipped the tube that was sent to them from OG. They just taped all the tubes together and shipped them as one mutant tube.