*POOF* The eBay Item you have been watching is gone.

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

*POOF* The eBay Item you have been watching is gone.

Post by Patillac13 »

Grrr. I've been watching this Obama Change print (with a crinkled top left corner) for a few days now. It was at $61 this morning with about 9 or 10 hours remaining... 100% of the sale price will go to the Humane Society, if I remember correctly. All of that sounds great to me!

I just checked in on it and it's gone, poof, deleted, removed, whatever.

Doesn't that just burn ya?! Ugh! There would have been about 8 hours left right now, I think. Do you think the seller got cold feet because the auction ending was coming up and it was at a low price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0281100274
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: *POOF* The eBay Item you have been watching is gone.

Post by conartstudio »

Patillac13 wrote:Grrr. I've been watching this Obama Change print (with a crinkled top left corner) for a few days now. It was at $61 this morning with about 9 or 10 hours remaining... 100% of the sale price will go to the Humane Society, if I remember correctly. All of that sounds great to me!

I just checked in on it and it's gone, poof, deleted, removed, whatever.

Doesn't that just burn ya?! Ugh! There would have been about 8 hours left right now, I think. Do you think the seller got cold feet because the auction ending was coming up and it was at a low price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0281100274

could of pulled it for a number of reasons.... one being that maybe it was a bootleg and the seller got busted
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

fribhey wrote:could of pulled it for a number of reasons.... one being that maybe it was a bootleg and the seller got busted

True, there are an endless amount of reasons to remove a listing I suppose. But if I was bootlegging prints, I wouldn't even try to sell the ones that I damaged :lol:

I was really hoping I could snag one of these for a low price (to complete the Obey/Obama collection... Oh well, maybe it was too good to be true. It would've been nice to see it go 'til the end to see the winning bid, at least.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

Maybe if the price is too low for his liking ...

Or, sellers sometimes pull the auction before it ends if he/she gets a good offer outside of ebay. I've been guilty of this a few times. If I can get my BIN price, but not have to go through ebay and pay final-value fees, I'm down with that. Particularly if I'm not getting any decent bids.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Or maybe there was a private offer.
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

If the seller cancels an auction it'll come up as "ended" in your watch list.
But if ebay pulls the auction, it'll come up as invalid.
So I think the auction violated some part of the ToS, and ebay had to pull it.
roc99
Swindler

Post by roc99 »

Usually you can't cancel an item with less than 12 hours remaining. I'll admit, I've cancelled auctions just before the 12 hour time and on the same item twice. I just couldn't stand to see a litho signed by Mickey Mantle go for a buck.
BigAlCapone
Giant

Post by BigAlCapone »

i hated the fact as a buyer that sellers could take away the item before that 12-15 hr window but as a seller to a buyer it was great power if you felt it would not go for the right dollar amount...however you still get charged all your listing fee's and picture fee's so in the end if the money is close let it sell!?

P.S EVERYONE HAS A PRICE MY FRIENDS..

:P :P :P