Michael's Fuct my Frame Job and my print

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

That's awful, man!
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

The guy was like "you got that framed to years ago, why didnt you bring it in sooner?" i tried to explain that I normally dont take prints out of the frame after i get it custom framed to make sure the print is okay. Then the framing manager mentioned that Michael's does not give out money until lawyers are involved.
The manager said he was going to talk to the diistrict manager and get back to me, but hasnt yet.
Check Out my EBAY Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchappkp
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

Michael's is the type of place to dry mount your stuff too. You really should escalate this, even if just to prove the point that they are terrible at their profession.
JErikR
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

i filed a complain at customer service and am working on a complaint with the better business burreau....if anyone has any other ideas please let me know...
now it is just at the place where I want to prove my point
analogtrash
Giant

Re: Michael's Fuct my Frame Job and my print

Post by analogtrash »

I still think you may be able to get some sort of compensation from them but you won't get anywhere talking to managers. You have to write to someone in customer relations at their corporate headquarters...Send a hard copy letter that is well written. No emails or phonecalls. The goal is to get the peon (no offense) who reads it to be concerned enough to take it to the "higher ups" for further review. Pull out all of the stops..."I've been coming here for years"..."I tell everyone I know to get stuff framed here"..."I'm just looking to be a long-term loyal customer to a company that will take care of my concerns and admit when they have handled something inappropriately"..."Most of my prints were not Damaged; why was this one and should I be at fault for simply walking in to your store and paying you to preserve my artwork"...State truthful things about the damage done. Add photos. Mention that the managers have not handled the matter effectively or with respect.--This turns the focus away from your isolated incident and towards a company problem that could affect a lot of potential customers. It needs to look like you spent a whole lot of time and energy on it so that they don't think you will be discouraged and drop the case. Keep bothering them.

Then again, it is Michael's. I wouldn't be surprised if their response was...."Why in the hell would you bring any quality artwork in here to be framed?"- :oops: ---But still worth a shot. They should at least refund you for the cost of the custom frame job.
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

Does anyone have a mint Turin Scam unframed that they could send me pics of?
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

analogtrash wrote:I still think you may be able to get some sort of compensation from them but you won't get anywhere talking to managers. You have to write to someone in customer relations at their corporate headquarters...Send a hard copy letter that is well written. No emails or phonecalls. The goal is to get the peon (no offense) who reads it to be concerned enough to take it to the "higher ups" for further review. Pull out all of the stops..."I've been coming here for years"..."I tell everyone I know to get stuff framed here"..."I'm just looking to be a long-term loyal customer to a company that will take care of my concerns and admit when they have handled something inappropriately"..."Most of my prints were not Damaged; why was this one and should I be at fault for simply walking in to your store and paying you to preserve my artwork"...State truthful things about the damage done. Add photos. Mention that the managers have not handled the matter effectively or with respect.--This turns the focus away from your isolated incident and towards a company problem that could affect a lot of potential customers. It needs to look like you spent a whole lot of time and energy on it so that they don't think you will be discouraged and drop the case. Keep bothering them.

Then again, it is Michael's. I wouldn't be surprised if their response was...."Why in the hell would you bring any quality artwork in here to be framed?"- :oops: ---But still worth a shot. They should at least refund you for the cost of the custom frame job.
that sux bro-
all good stuff in there with what analagtrash mentioned.
dont forget copies of the work orders/invoices.
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

analogtrash wrote:I still think you may be able to get some sort of compensation from them but you won't get anywhere talking to managers. You have to write to someone in customer relations at their corporate headquarters...Send a hard copy letter that is well written. No emails or phonecalls. The goal is to get the peon (no offense) who reads it to be concerned enough to take it to the "higher ups" for further review. Pull out all of the stops..."I've been coming here for years"..."I tell everyone I know to get stuff framed here"..."I'm just looking to be a long-term loyal customer to a company that will take care of my concerns and admit when they have handled something inappropriately"..."Most of my prints were not Damaged; why was this one and should I be at fault for simply walking in to your store and paying you to preserve my artwork"...State truthful things about the damage done. Add photos. Mention that the managers have not handled the matter effectively or with respect.--This turns the focus away from your isolated incident and towards a company problem that could affect a lot of potential customers. It needs to look like you spent a whole lot of time and energy on it so that they don't think you will be discouraged and drop the case. Keep bothering them.

Do you work in customer service? Very sound advice. Good luck!
My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

swellstylez wrote:

If you really want to scare the bejeezuz out of them.....CC a lawyer on the letter. Make sure you mention you have cc-ed your attorney and hope to end this nicely.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

I wouldn't. If someone pulls a "CC'd my lawyer" sh!t with me, they better make sure they have the satch to back it up... and I'm not even a big corporation with money to burn.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

submethod wrote:
swellstylez wrote:

If you really want to scare the bejeezuz out of them.....CC a lawyer on the letter. Make sure you mention you have cc-ed your attorney and hope to end this nicely.
I don't work in customer relations but I know what companies look for and like to hear when handling disputes of this nature. I had to do a good number of case studies on the matter while I was in school. I've also filed a good number myself, and I've found that certain methodologies work better than others. In my opinion, companies don't really get scared by lawyers, threats, etc. unless they view themselves at risk in terms of liability. If a company does not feel liable, they have no reason to respond to a threat because they think that you would lose if any real litigation took place, and they also feel that they have already permanently lost you as a customer. Companies care about retaining customers, and if you give them reason to belive that they can secure future business and referral from you, they will be much more likely to try and come up with a way to save face. You have to make sure that you extend them this option. This usually results in some sort of settlement in your favor. It is not always the full amount, but it is better than nothing. You still have to get to the right people who are empowered to give you that settlement. And like I said if you threaten a company that knows it isn't liable, nothing is what you will get 9 times out of 10.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

illyanadmc wrote:did they say why? i wonder if the reason is that it has been so long since you got them framed that there really is no way for you to prove that michael's did the damage. not that i am okay with the outcome, but i am just thinking of reasons why they might give you that unfortunate response.
Interesting point. But, I would counter that due to the nature of getting something framed and not being able to examine it, at least until you decide you don't want the frame anymore that you just paid for, they should be amenable to "late" complaints.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

ChapPKP wrote:i filed a complain at customer service and am working on a complaint with the better business burreau....if anyone has any other ideas please let me know...
Small claims court.
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

robotoil wrote:
ChapPKP wrote:i filed a complain at customer service and am working on a complaint with the better business burreau....if anyone has any other ideas please let me know...
Small claims court.
that what I said! :D
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
submethod
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by submethod »

zanzi123 wrote:
robotoil wrote:
Small claims court.
that what I said! :D
No one has the time or energy to go to court. I think you are on the right track. There is no harm in CC a lawyer on it. I have had issues with my own business with vendors. A nice CC always help. It only means you have legal counsel and that you are serious. Again, up to you.
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

The district manager left me a message today and said she had to forward my complaint to the Complaint Person and I should be hearing from them in the next few days.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

ChapPKP wrote:The district manager left me a message today and said she had to forward my complaint to the Complaint Person and I should be hearing from them in the next few days.
Good luck, man, hopefully this all ends on a positive note!

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

I used to be a customer service rep and let me tell you, you will catch more Bee's with honey than vinegar. Sorry to hear about your experience at MikeDonalds, although you helped save a lot of other people the trouble of dealing with the same problem. Hopefully they will do the right thing by you. One of the most effective things to do you have already done, file a complaint with the BBB. Big companies don't like hearing from them, thats probably why they got back to you. Use logic and stay calm this is what usually works for me... Good Luck..
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

Things are looking good...fingers crossed....
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

SWEET.... Let us know what went down if everything works out..
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

My Michael's Saga has officially come to an end. I recieved a check in the mail today reinbursting me for the average price of the print and cost of framing. I honestly was not expecting this.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

ChapPKP wrote:My Michael's Saga has officially come to an end. I recieved a check in the mail today reinbursting me for the average price of the print and cost of framing. I honestly was not expecting this.
YAY!

Congrats buddy! :mrgreen:
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Outstanding!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

ChapPKP wrote:My Michael's Saga has officially come to an end. I recieved a check in the mail today reinbursting me for the average price of the print and cost of framing. I honestly was not expecting this.
Awesome news, very nice!

analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

Nice work!