The truth about a certain member....

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

why do we avoid posting negative feedback about trades/members on here? I realize there is often a guilty until proven innocent trend on message boards, but I find it odd we're always so quick to praise (which is good, don't get me wrong) but never willing to also provide feedback about deals gone wrong.

i've had the same problem with who I presume is the same member.
henna
-

Re:

Post by henna »

byrnexxx wrote:why do we avoid posting negative feedback about trades/members on here? I realize there is often a guilty until proven innocent trend on message boards, but I find it odd we're always so quick to praise (which is good, don't get me wrong) but never willing to also provide feedback about deals gone wrong.

:lol: This guy has been drawn and quartered before even having a chance to respond.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

If I may chime in, yes, I have sold a few prints on eBay that I have recently acquired. But only in an effort to make room for a few larger purchases that enabled me to secure "grails" that I have been looking for. When something bigger comes up, unfortunately a few prints must go. Djsp, I apologize for not responding to your PM sooner. For the record, after fees, shipping, etc. it was roughly $40, so I didn't exactly rob a bank. But this is besides the point. What should I have done? Offer the print back to you for the amount I paid? That would have been fine with me.... it would have saved me a hassle. I highly doubt that I am the first person from these forums to sell a print on eBay. Collections are always moving, hopefully in the direction for the best. Isn't that the fun of print collecting.....eventually moving up towards a more sought-after print when the opportunity arises? I'm not a bad guy on these forums. I've done my fair share of helping out others with prints that they have been after....often times even selling at cost. It doesn't matter to me what these people eventually do with the prints. After a transaction, it is none of my business. Anyway, I'm sorry for the uproar, but I'm happy that this provided something for a few others to spend time on.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

I don't care what you do on ebay. Is it shady to buy from ppl on the forum only to flip it on ebay - yes absolutely. But those transactions don't involve me so I could care less. I will say that you have also done your fair share of backing out of deals. in my case, deals YOU proposed that I agreed to. I was even flexible accepting lesser deals that were mutually agreed upon, yet you still backed out. I don't think you are a bad guy, but you are a trader that cannot be trusted in my opinion. Sorry, but traders/buyers/sellers beware.
Phởgg
Giant

Re: The truth about a certain member....

Post by Phởgg »

Is that thetruththewholetruthandnothin'butthetruth?
Sorry, couldn't help myself :lol:

No. seriously though i just got to ask. If you buy a print from someone when you already have that print and then sell both within two days your intentions are clearly to mark it up for resale from the start aren't they?
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ritedere
Giant

Re:

Post by ritedere »

byrnexxx wrote:I don't care what you do on ebay. Is it shady to buy from ppl on the forum only to flip it on ebay - yes absolutely. But those transactions don't involve me so I could care less. I will say that you have also done your fair share of backing out of deals. in my case, deals YOU proposed that I agreed to. I was even flexible accepting lesser deals that were mutually agreed upon, yet you still backed out. I don't think you are a bad guy, but you are a trader that cannot be trusted in my opinion. Sorry, but traders/buyers/sellers beware.

I'm curious how many others this has happened to. I had the exact same scenario as far as a "How low can you go" "Okay that sounds good" and then something happened on his end and the deal didnt happen. TWICE with me personally (Nick Walker TMA Hollywood / Micallef Peacekeeper)

I had a friend who told me the same story. Contacted on ebay, asked to do the deal off ebay for a lower price. Agreed. Pulled print off ebay. No deal afterwards. When I asked who it was, I almost had to laugh when he mentioned thetruth

I can understand circumstances that would have this happen once, hell, maybe even twice, but it seems like a pattern and I dont get how that's possible unless he's just messing with all of us.

I hate this seeming like everyone's ganging up on one person, but I just gotta know. lol
cybernigel
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by cybernigel »

henna wrote:
byrnexxx wrote:why do we avoid posting negative feedback about trades/members on here? I realize there is often a guilty until proven innocent trend on message boards, but I find it odd we're always so quick to praise (which is good, don't get me wrong) but never willing to also provide feedback about deals gone wrong.

:lol: This guy has been drawn and quartered before even having a chance to respond.

:lol: Said the known shiller who's currently flipping an ICA set.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

I been back and forth with this guy on friend or foe for months ultimately ending as friend even after getting strung along for weeks on a print sale that he never came through on.
It took me a while to figure you out. Initially i just assumed you were the most indecisive buyer i had ever had dealings with. Then you asked me to hook you up with an Evolve Devolve print from White Walls if available (that took some cohones on your part which in a weird way i found oddly humorous). The forgiving soul i am gave it a shot but came back empty handed then was left scratching my head when i noticed you were selling an Evolve within that following week. I couldn't understand why you'd ask me to invest my time on such a request if you already had the piece. Recently two more Evolves have been sold on your account.

For all i care you can sell twenty Evolves this year but i don't think it's cool if you're negotiating purchases with folks under false pretense that you need a favor on a piece you're seeking just to turn around the print they could have sold on their own for full profitability but sacrificed that option to do you a solid.

Come on G we don't need a middle man for prints sold on Ebay! We're all fully capable of selling our own stuff for top $

Now be a good guy and admit you been hustling some of us for a weekly paycheck and a dead beat bidder with countless others and we'll stop chewing your ears omega wolf style
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
henna
-

Post by henna »

cybernigel wrote:
henna wrote:

There's my girl.
Shouldn't you be reporting me to OG and stomping your feet, or does that only happen after you get made to look a fool?
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
Dorse
Swindler

Post by Dorse »

Take a garbage on him.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

does anyone remember crank yankers? there was a character called "the truth" who was a rapper, and whenever thetruth55 posts, all i can think of is that puppet.

this is totally irrelevant, i know.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

illyanadmc wrote:does anyone remember crank yankers? there was a character called "the truth" who was a rapper, and whenever thetruth55 posts, all i can think of is that puppet.

this is totally irrelevant, i know.

:lol:

cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

henna wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
henna wrote:

There's my girl.
Shouldn't you be reporting me to OG and stomping your feet, or does that only happen after you get made to look a fool?

:lol: You're like the Alan Dershowitz of flippers.

Yeah, I told the ICA to be on the lookout for white, bald Star Jones with greasy fingers and a man-crush for weasles but you must have slipped by.
henna
-

Post by henna »

cybernigel wrote:
henna wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
henna wrote:

There's my girl.

Yeah, I told the ICA to be on the lookout for white, bald Star Jones with greasy fingers and a man-crush for weasles but you must have slipped by.

Are you serious, attacking me for being a Jew? Are you that big of dirtbag that you can't contain your hate?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Can we focus, people?
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

There is something def. shady about thethruth. He backed out on a deal with me and I know from anther forum member on banksy.info that he was trying to arbitrage my print to someone else. It was a bad seed III. Stay clear of this guy. If anyone wants proof of this, I am sure it would be easy enough to post. But best to just stay away.
Check out my T-shirt quilts
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

henna wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
henna wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
henna wrote:

There's my girl.

Are you serious, attacking me for being a Jew? Are you that big of dirtbag that you can't contain your hate?

I didn't know Star Jones was Jewish?

Are you seriously defending this guy? Why are you so opposed to upstanding conduct? Did you get kicked out of the police academy or something?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

admonkey wrote:Can we focus, people?
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

Phởgg, with regard to the Evolves, I think it is an important print and I bought a few on eBay for between $180-$200. I will admit, my collection rarely stays in place for long, and I could be guilty of being indecisive at times. I'm always after the prints on my "grail" list. When the opportunity came up recently to get a few of these older prints that I wasn't sure I'd see again, I did what I had to do to come up with the money. Selling them back on eBay to make $0-$25 after fees isn't that much of a scam. I wasn't giving anybody any sob stories when I bought prints. I inquired and a price was given on those. I'm not here to make enemies.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

thetruth55 wrote: Djsp, I apologize for not responding to your PM sooner. For the record, after fees, shipping, etc. it was roughly $40, so I didn't exactly rob a bank. But this is besides the point. What should I have done? Offer the print back to you for the amount I paid? That would have been fine with me.... it would have saved me a hassle. I highly doubt that I am the first person from these forums to sell a print on eBay.

I'll refocus AD. :D

Truth, you are missing my point. I don't care that you sold it. If you had put in a best offer on ebay like other people, and I had accepted it, this would have not even been a post. The issue at hand is that you used our common link of thegiant, to ask me to help you out. I gave up higher offers and ate the shipping on a print that is actually sought after by people so that I could help a member out. Which is fine. I made the choice to sell it to you. But then you just turned around a sold it at the market value days later. That is my issue. Had you just been another bidder, this would have never came up. And as far as the rest of your post, I am not really sure at what point you decided to clear out your collection. It must have been a hard 2 days of thinking on your part before you shipped my print back out. :lol:

In the end I want nothing from you. This thread was purely informational.
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

Hey Truth-

Since we are getting to the truth here. What happened when you were trying to buy my Bad seed print and than contacted someone on the banksy forum. You must remember. Thisis how it went:

Our deal was moving towards closing.

You backed out (totally cool with that, although your really milked me for a while)

You saw someone on the Banksy forum that wanted one. You contact him telling him you have one (which you don't)

Suddenly you are emailing me again to see if I still have the print.

I do, and offer it to you again.

The guy on the Banksy forum finds one somewhere else and suddenly you are not interested in mine.

Please explain to all the good people on this forum your good intentions.
Check out my T-shirt quilts
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

thetruth55 wrote:Phởgg, with regard to the Evolves, I think it is an important print and I bought a few on eBay for between $180-$200.

Interesting how none of those Ebay Evolve sellers have left you a single positive feedback or any sellers for that matter... hmmmm scratch scratch scratch call it coincidence or perjury? Whatever home skillet do what you like but i'm taking your honesty and intentions with a grain of road salt :wink:

goin with my gut feeling here and file you in my rolodex under:

thetruth55-Self-appointed dishonest print middle man with little or no regards to folks time as a purchaser.

Good day sir
Last edited by Phởgg on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

:shock: - this is getting ugly
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

djsp wrote:Truth, you are missing my point. I don't care that you sold it. If you had put in a best offer on ebay like other people, and I had accepted it, this would have not even been a post. The issue at hand is that you used our common link of thegiant, to ask me to help you out. I gave up higher offers and ate the shipping on a print that is actually sought after by people so that I could help a member out. Which is fine. I made the choice to sell it to you.

This description matches my first dealing with thetruth as well. In the end i sold my print for $125 less than the high bid i turned down "to help out a local". The money didn't bother me 1/4 as much as the weeks of time of mental energy i had invested in reading pm'd delays and excuses.

Funny thing is after auction was ended and we agreed on a local hand off you even went as far to ask me for a deduction on agreed purchase price of the fees i would have acquired from paypal if we had completed the transaction on ebay, which in the end i viewed as yet another pointless/selfish discussion on your part after the deal was abandoned.

Ok i'm starting to sound obsessed with this thing :lol: I just want to hear you say you're an f'n sly weasel.
Come on man admit it so my primitive wolf gene can go back into dormancy. :twisted:
Last edited by Phởgg on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

password
Giant

Post by password »

submit wrote:what he said Image

TBlaze, perhaps?