The truth about a certain member....

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Phởgg wrote: I just want to hear you say you're an f'n sly weasel.


Also, maybe change your name to theliar55.
Last edited by cybernigel on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7138
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

cybernigel wrote:
Phởgg wrote:
djsp wrote: I just want to hear you say you're an f'n sly weasel.


Also, maybe change your name to theliar55.


Huh? When did I write that? :lol:
User avatar
djsp
Giant
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Feb 28, 2007
Location: Sacto, Ca

^ fixed
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7138
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

I've had very positive experiences with TheTruth55 (he sold me a print at cost)! He received it from OG, didn't feel it as much as he thought he would, then offered it to me for his cost plus shipping. I received it and I loved it, but then after it sat in my Itoya for a while with the rest of my prints, I saw that someone here on the board listed one of my very top grails for sale, but I was too broke to buy it. I figured I could sell off a few prints to fund it, so I let him know that I was thinking of selling the print he sold me at cost... he was totally cool with it and wished me luck on the quest for my grail. I ended up selling the print TheTruth55 hooked me up at cost with for a little less than market value, and he was happy to help me get one of my grails. He's been nothing but nice to me.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
User avatar
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard
 
Posts: 5602
Joined: Aug 24, 2007
Location: Quick... to the Pat Cave

Some folks also like Daniel Sadek :lol:
Imag
User avatar
Phởgg
Giant
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

Alright, I've thought about the ordeal a bit this afternoon and came to the conclusion it don't make me feel any better rubbing your nose in the ferret pee you left on my Kashmir rug last spring. So, ima goin' put it to rest once and for all if you mow my lawn twice this coming summer.

I'll supply the vintage push reel mower, break time lemonade and cute little tea sandwiches with the crusts cut off the way you like 'em :wink:
Imag
User avatar
Phởgg
Giant
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

those are the prettiest tea sandwiches fanned out on that precious doily.
avoid disappointment and future regret
User avatar
submit
The Reason
 
Posts: 3888
Joined: Nov 8, 2006


what about the strumpets? :lol:
nuthin' gold can stay...
User avatar
ponygirrl
Swindler
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Jan 7, 2009
Location: State of Cornfusion...


my bad.
<---focussing...shady deals, corrupt mindsets & print pandering, got it...
nuthin' gold can stay...
User avatar
ponygirrl
Swindler
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Jan 7, 2009
Location: State of Cornfusion...


;)
i'm pickin' up what yer layin' down
nuthin' gold can stay...
User avatar
ponygirrl
Swindler
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Jan 7, 2009
Location: State of Cornfusion...

what's the deal here? i was sure this thread would hit 75 pages
User avatar
Phởgg
Giant
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

we lost focus :(

i think strumpets would help me concentrate, i dunno about anyone else...
nuthin' gold can stay...
User avatar
ponygirrl
Swindler
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Jan 7, 2009
Location: State of Cornfusion...

Wow. I didn't realize so many had the same experience with thetruth55. First the requests for pictures of a print. Then the price negotiation. Then the request for more pictures. Then a waiting period. I'll put a PENDING on something blocking any other deals. Wait a few weeks. Then "the back out" comes. On more then 3-4 occasions. Finally dawned on me that there was no point wasting any more time with thetruth55. There are times when you have to back out of a deal. No hard feelings. But you really like to string people along multiple times you are asking for a sh*t session. And, it appears I'm not the only one. No one here sells prints full time. If you want to buy something look at people's for sale list and create a want list and wait for people to contact you.

Why did I shut my Flickr account down to public viewing for a while? Because of thetruth55.

Bottom line: Stop wasting people's time.
Last edited by robotoil on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
robotoil
Giant
 
Posts: 6305
Joined: Feb 21, 2006

robotoil wrote:Why did I shut my Flickr account down to public viewing for a while? Because of thetruth55.


Ha! i was wondering this awhile back :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Phởgg
Giant
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

Conversations on thegiant.org always come back around to cucumber sandwiches.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
User avatar
admonkey
King of the Jungle
 
Posts: 11282
Joined: Nov 25, 2006
Location: The Ad Jungle

admonkey wrote:Conversations on thegiant.org always come back around to cucumber sandwiches.



ain't that The_Truth!
avoid disappointment and future regret
User avatar
submit
The Reason
 
Posts: 3888
Joined: Nov 8, 2006

robotoil wrote:Wow. I didn't realize so many had the same experience with thetruth55. First the requests for pictures of a print. Then the price negotiation. Then the request for more pictures. Then a waiting period. I'll put a PENDING on something blocking any other deals. Wait a few weeks. Then "the back out" comes. On more then 3-4 occasions. Finally dawned on me that there was no point wasting any more time with thetruth55. There are times when you have to back out of a deal. No hard feelings. But you really like to string people along multiple times you are asking for a sh*t session. And, it appears I'm not the only one. No one here sells prints full time. If you want to buy something look at people's for sale list and create a want list and wait for people to contact you.

Why did I shut my Flickr account down to public viewing for a while? Because of thetruth55.

Bottom line: Stop wasting people's time.


I knew there had to be a lot of people this was happening to. I honestly figured he must have some sort of mental condition whereby he got some sort of gratification from stringing people along for as long as he could, but the whole deal of trying to get them at a low price only to sell it on to someone else at a higher one makes sense.

So while he's trying to buy my Peacekeeper for $600, he's PMing someone on banksy who seems interested in buying it for $750. When that person backs out, he's no longer interested in mine.
ritedere
Giant
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Mar 13, 2007

seems we got his #

more sandwiches?
Imag
User avatar
Phởgg
Giant
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

ritedere wrote:
robotoil wrote:Wow. I didn't realize so many had the same experience with thetruth55. First the requests for pictures of a print. Then the price negotiation. Then the request for more pictures. Then a waiting period. I'll put a PENDING on something blocking any other deals. Wait a few weeks. Then "the back out" comes. On more then 3-4 occasions. Finally dawned on me that there was no point wasting any more time with thetruth55. There are times when you have to back out of a deal. No hard feelings. But you really like to string people along multiple times you are asking for a sh*t session. And, it appears I'm not the only one. No one here sells prints full time. If you want to buy something look at people's for sale list and create a want list and wait for people to contact you.

Why did I shut my Flickr account down to public viewing for a while? Because of thetruth55.

Bottom line: Stop wasting people's time.


I knew there had to be a lot of people this was happening to. I honestly figured he must have some sort of mental condition whereby he got some sort of gratification from stringing people along for as long as he could, but the whole deal of trying to get them at a low price only to sell it on to someone else at a higher one makes sense.

So while he's trying to buy my Peacekeeper for $600, he's PMing someone on banksy who seems interested in buying it for $750. When that person backs out, he's no longer interested in mine.

:shock: crazy that you used the term 'mental condition', someone else and i were pondering that exact same thought...
now, where's my gawddamn cucumber sammich? :P
nuthin' gold can stay...
User avatar
ponygirrl
Swindler
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Jan 7, 2009
Location: State of Cornfusion...

Phởgg wrote:seems we got his #

more sandwiches?
Imag

wow, ask & ye shall receive...thanks :D
Last edited by ponygirrl on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuthin' gold can stay...
User avatar
ponygirrl
Swindler
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Jan 7, 2009
Location: State of Cornfusion...

Imag
avoid disappointment and future regret
User avatar
submit
The Reason
 
Posts: 3888
Joined: Nov 8, 2006

^saved straight to the ol' hard drive!


classic :lol:
User avatar
Phởgg
Giant
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Giant vs Giant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron