I just had to post this..!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
artasylumboston
Punk

I just had to post this..!

Post by artasylumboston »

So I come across some really old / expensive Shep prints dating back to 97 in great condition! So I notice I have the opportunity to get a fairly decent deal since the person who was in possession of them did not care much for them nor was he a collector, however he sold CD's, music poster's and older book's. No not Jerry but some random fellow from Cali and after purchasing these pieces they finally arrived today and let me tell you, I almost fell out of my chair when i seen the packing job on these two pieces. First off they were both rolled together with nothing separating them and they were in the tiniest tube I have ever seen, I mean this must have been made by elves it was so thin they probably use it to ship straws. The best is yet to come - so not only were they rolled so tightly that when they were inserted into my portfolio they literally curled the book itself but they were wrapped in "PAPER TOWELS" I kid you not over a thousand dollar's for two prints and they were wrapped in paper towel's and the cheap super market brand at that (one ply) lol. It took me a few minutes to compose myself and now that I can have a laugh at it I thought I would share this story. I wish I took pic's of them wrapped in the paper towel and rolled to the size of a pencil.
Art Asylum Boston - Bostons only Urban art gallery "Bringing this celebrated subculture to the forefront of the east Coast"
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Happened to me once.

BTW - Shouldn't this be in the Giant vs. Giant thread?
Submit. Rapture.
ponygirrl
Swindler

Post by ponygirrl »

never trust a random fellow, ESPECIALLY from Cali...
nuthin' gold can stay...
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Dang, that's wild! Is there damage, or did they arrive safely?

I always leave prints flatten out with some weights on the corners for a couple days before I toss them in the Itoya... but even then they can curl up the pages :D I can't imagine the force they'd have if they were rolled that tightly.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
ponygirrl
Swindler

Re:

Post by ponygirrl »

MunkeyPants wrote:Happened to me once.

BTW - Shouldn't this be in the Giant vs. Giant thread?
there are RULES! :lol:
nuthin' gold can stay...
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

next time.. when in doubt, send this link:

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... ing_Prints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sounds like you ripped the guy off anyways and got a good deal regardless. congrats!
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

I'm surprised you payed the guy at all....
propogandadan1
Posse

Re: I just had to post this..!

Post by propogandadan1 »

I'm going to ask because everyone else is thinking the same...what prints?
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

propogandadan1 wrote:I'm going to ask because everyone else is thinking the same...what prints?
this guy loves to lie

and this thread is worthless without pics? not to mention I wonder if anyone got those ICA boxsets you were flipping or was that a lie as well....
libertarian
Propaganda Engineer

Post by libertarian »

This is becoming more Giant vs. Giant with each post!
djemar
Posse

Post by djemar »

i once bought from a japanese seller on ebay a print by one of that country's most famous contemporary pop artists. i was happy that the seller noted that the print would be shipped flat. however, a week or so later, i received a box, within which i could hear things moving around. when i opened it up, i was shocked to find that the print had just been placed in the box, without being adhered to or sandwiched between anything, and was cushioned by a few pieces of balled-up newspaper. i was even more shocked to find that the print wasn't damaged.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

this story could have been 100x funnier with pics

what a shame :lol:
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

First of all, pics please. Secondly, a little advice, I (as the buyer) ALWAYS make sure that sellers know how to pack a print properly. Something to think about next time you take advantage of an uniformed guy with some rare collectibles. j/k, kinda :)
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
jwoods103
Giant

Re:

Post by jwoods103 »

circa77 wrote:First of all, pics please. Secondly, a little advice, I (as the buyer) ALWAYS make sure that sellers know how to pack a print properly. Something to think about next time you take advantage of an uniformed guy with some rare collectibles. j/k, kinda :)

yeah but you can tell a person all this stuff and they wont care especially if they dont know what they have. they are just happy to get some $$$$
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Pics please.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....