The price evaluation of prints.

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
submethod
Giant

The price evaluation of prints.

Post by submethod »

Fellow members,

How do you evaluate the price of your prints? If someone wants to trade you, do you look at the year of your print and ebay /expresso values? If so, what are your thoughts on trading a new print ( think hot off the press to 3 month) with an older print ( price is already established / want is already evaulated).

Recently, a member offered me an '09 print in exchange for an '07 print. Both were semi equal in value while the '07 was a larger run.

I typically look at the banter here, the press on a specific print, expresso and ebay. However, I have found ebay to be a little hit or miss when it comes to a final price. If anything, I feel that the lower the print run, the more valuable it might be. These in turn affect my decision in a fair trade.

Any suggestions?
strangeloop
Swindler

Post by strangeloop »

I traded a print that was probably worth $200-250 for a paster with no known value, as far as ebay an expressobeans is concerned. If you want it and someone else has it, then trade! I imagine all these prints will either be priceless or valueless in 20 years, so collect what you like.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Which one do you like more? :D
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Re: The price evaluation of prints.

Post by kingburdy »

I use all of the technics that you described. I like looking at completed listings on ebay and of course EB. I think most of all my personal experience looking at art and buying is what I usually reference. I don't sell or trade but if I did I would find prints that were close to value of the one I own and wanted to trade or sell.

Once I have an idea of what its worth then I find stuff I like. Regardless of print year(01,04,99,or 09) I make sure the current value on the wanted print is close to the value what I have, most prints that are new establish a value pretty quick so don't worry about them going down to much. Be careful if you want a print that is brand spanking new, cause most prices are inflated at first, waiting a month or two is good way to make sure the price is stable. The new prints with low run number(100,150,200) can be hard to figure, some people under price them at first but most flipper really over price their stuff so keep an eye out for good deals.

Basically you need to familiarize your self with buying and then the trading is easy.In the end it comes down to personal preference and you might end up giving something thats worth more than what you are getting but hey if you love what your getting who care's. GOOD LUCK out there... :mrgreen:
Abrogate
Giant

Re:

Post by Abrogate »

strangeloop wrote:I imagine all these prints will either be priceless or valueless in 20 years, so collect what you like.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

strangeloop wrote:I traded a print that was probably worth $200-250 for a paster with no known value, as far as ebay an expressobeans is concerned. If you want it and someone else has it, then trade! I imagine all these prints will either be priceless or valueless in 20 years, so collect what you like.
Im gonna go with priceless.