Closed

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
artboki
Punk

Closed

Post by artboki »

Please delete
Last edited by artboki on Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

artboki
Punk

na

Post by artboki »

a
Last edited by artboki on Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
toyroom
Giant

Re: Toyroom Gallery

Post by toyroom »

artboki wrote:Not sure where my post went, but, I purchased a drawing from ToyRoom Gallery and have not been able to authenticate it with the artist or gallery and John is not responding to my PMs or Emails for over 3 months. From my perspective it's fake as it is not authenticated. Does anyone know how to get in touch with John?

artboki/redstarpress Just in case you forgot you've had my personal phone number, my e-mail address along with the COA from day one. This information is in the stream of emails and is not private, MY CONTACT INFO IS ON EVERY EMAIL I SEND

Love, John
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

gpt104
Giant

Re:

Post by gpt104 »

Gigantico wrote:Image
:lol: go geordi go - whew, that was close!
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

artboki wrote:From my perspective it's fake as it is not authenticated. Does anyone know how to get in touch with John?
I know exactly the piece you are talking about now. I saw it with my own eyes when John first acquired it. I even saw the packaging from KRK.

This is it, no? I assume it was you who uploaded this to EB, as I don't recall that John did this:
Sketch

I make no bones about the fact that I am friends with John, so I may be a little biased, however, I find this whole thing a little suspect. While I may not know the whole story your perspective above holds no water with me at least. Not authenticated does not make it a fake. And yet you keep claiming it to be a fake. Unless you talk to the man himself, and he says it is a fake, I would say his brother verifying authenticity would be just about as good as anything else. Why would the other merchants go out on a limb and authenticate something that they did not sell, unless they had some kind of vested interest in it? Did you offer to pay them to authenticate it?
artboki
Punk

delete

Post by artboki »

d
Last edited by artboki on Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
artboki
Punk

delete

Post by artboki »

d
Last edited by artboki on Fri May 29, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

artboki wrote:p.s. it's not a COA, it's a piece of paper with his brother saying it's real.
Which was good enough for you when you purchased the piece. If you had issues with the condition you should have returned it immediately. Seems like a case of buyers remorse to me.
artboki
Punk

Post by artboki »

delete
Last edited by artboki on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

artboki wrote: I tried, but John told me that it was typical for these sort of drawings and like an idiot I just accepted that explanation. To your point, I should have returned it immediately but, thought everything else was kosher. I won't be doing that again.

Let me ask in another way, what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Take it on the chin, write off the piece as a sunk cost and move on?
Let's see it. Take a picture.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

artboki wrote:The issue as I mentioned in my original post (which was deleted) ... The mods deleted a similar issue with another forum member ...
The posts have not been deleted. They've been moved to safe-storage until the issue is resolved and all of your other forum IDs are sorted through.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
artboki
Punk

Post by artboki »

d
Last edited by artboki on Fri May 29, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
password
Giant

Post by password »

artboki, you have a history of shenanigans on here and elsewhere. Weren't you the one who told everyone to wait by their computers a certain night for a BAST drop and none happened? What was up with that?

And, why didn't you ask for a gallery certificate and provenance before you bought the item? The Paypal receipt should be adequate for insurance purposes.

Also, it's an original. As long as it is in artist condition, it shouldn't matter. It's not a editioned print that has to be pristine. Artists handle their media and are not always using white gloves in a air-tight vacummed, odorless room.
artboki
Punk

Re:

Post by artboki »

password wrote:artboki, you have a history of shenanigans on here and elsewhere. Weren't you the one who told everyone to wait by their computers a certain night for a BAST drop and none happened? What was up with that?

And, why didn't you ask for a gallery certificate and provenance before you bought the item? The Paypal receipt should be adequate for insurance purposes.

Also, it's an original. As long as it is in artist condition, it shouldn't matter. It's not a editioned print that has to be pristine. Artists handle their media and are not always using white gloves in a air-tight vacummed, odorless room.
Are you kidding me? I told people about the details about the last Bast drop because that's what I was told by Bast's team and to give people a head's up. Keep in mind that I passed this on several times before on the right times and there were plenty of happy fans as a result. For the last drop it was a last minute decision to defer the release to the next day that I had no part of. How is this different than when weston informs people that releases move? Regardless, I'm not passing on anymore details about future drops so this is a non-issue. More importantly, how is this the same as misrepresenting items?

You completely miss the point. I was told it was near-mint. The condition of this piece has scratches and wrinkles beyond artist handling or condition.

I know that this involves a trusted member (toyroomgallery) so I can understand that most would take his side. I don't blame you but, again, put yourself in my shoes...what would you do when you don't get any responses for over 3 months?

EDIT: Mods, feel free to delete this thread as I don't think this will be resolved in the open. I've said my peace and hope that John/Toy Room Gallery will at least give me the courtesy to work this out but, after 3 months of no response, I don't think it will.

EDIT #2: password and I connected via PM and clarified a few points and we're cool. I hope I can do the same with toyroom. Thanks everyone for listening and sorry for wasting your time...I won't do anymore posts on this as the last thing I want to do is damage John's reputation as it sounds like this was a unique situation and that he's under a lot of stress at the moment.
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Re:

Post by kingburdy »

Gigantico wrote:Image
Im surprised his eye piece stays on with that awesome circus somersault.