Deadbeat bidders..

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
cheap cologne
Giant

Deadbeat bidders..

Post by cheap cologne »

Can I do anything besides leave bad feedback?

I sold my matching #'d Presidential Seals last night on ebay for $290
I thought they would go a little higher... but whatever, I needed to recoup from paying flipper price for an Elephant.

I get an email this morning that says "My little brother bid and he can't pay, I don't want and can't afford these items. Please except my apology."

"except" your apology??
WTF??

Do I just leave bad feedback and call it a day?
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Deadbeat bidders..

Post by mention »

I don't think you can leave negative feedback as a seller anymore.

You need to take this to the resolution center. Ebay will send them a message telling them they need to pay. I believe they have 7 days.
If your problem isn't resolved

Depending on how you close your case, you may be credited for the Final Value fee.

You can extend a Second Chance Offer to another bidder on the same listing.

You can end and relist the item (and you may be credited for the Insertion Fee as well as the Final Value Fee).

When you close your case with the "I feel I have no other option but to end communication with the buyer" option, our Trust and Safety team is automatically alerted about the problem. Actions may include unpaid item strikes, which can lead to restriction or suspension of your trading partner's account.If your buyer receives a strike but you later resolve the issue or change your mind, you can remove the unpaid item strike.
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

I would say if there is a close second bidder that got beat out send them a second chance offer and explain your situation. That is the easiest, fastest way to get your money.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

analogtrash wrote:I would say if there is a close second bidder that got beat out send them a second chance offer and explain your situation. That is the easiest, fastest way to get your money.
Yeah, CC, give someone a second chance :D
It might make their day, and get you some quick Elephant money.
Sh!tty situation regardless... but that might be a quick fix.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
apaj428
Punk

Post by apaj428 »

A lot of people believe in second chances...I for one do not...You wait a week for your item to sell hoping it goes for a high dollar amount only to realize some disobedient kid has won your item beacause he just so happened to login to ebay use a password and know enough to bid but not pay for an item. I find situations like this unsettling!

please use caution when buying and selling and always obey the law! :evil:
Did I do something wrong??
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

yeah, what mention/analog said. you can't leave feedback as a seller anymore unless it's positive ... you just have to fill out the non-paying bidder thing (which takes 2 weeks or so to complete) and either send a second-chance offer or relist the item. definitely a pain, but it's part of the ebay process and i've actually noticed it happening a lot less since they instituted the "3 strikes" thing.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

apaj428 wrote:A lot of people believe in second chances...I for one do not...You wait a week for your item to sell hoping it goes for a high dollar amount only to realize some disobedient kid has won your item beacause he just so happened to login to ebay use a password and know enough to bid but not pay for an item. I find situations like this unsettling!
Hmm, not a second chance for the buyer who didn't pay, a second chance to the runner up bidder to buy it.

Otherwise you could re-list them and see if they go for more, crazy up and down Obey market on eBay.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Post by displaced bear »

usually second chance offers to my knowledge don't seem to really do so well b/c people are just led to believe it was shill bidding.
cheap cologne
Giant

Re:

Post by cheap cologne »

displaced bear wrote:usually second chance offers to my knowledge don't seem to really do so well b/c people are just led to believe it was shill bidding.
I hear ya.. I thought about that, but anyone that actually looks will see 3 different bidders from 275-290 and realize it is not shilled.

Still sucks.
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

I've had a LOT of them lately.

Tons of Best Offers submitted, I accept, and then they dont pay, I just dont get it.
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by displaced bear »

ritedere wrote:I've had a LOT of them lately.

Tons of Best Offers submitted, I accept, and then they dont pay, I just dont get it.
:(
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

leave them negative feedback in a positive way
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Phởgg wrote:leave them negative feedback in a positive way
Phogg, your avatar is trippin me out! :shock:
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

After looking at Phogg's avatar I felt compelled to buy a Big Proof... :lol: :lol:
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

why stop at one when you could buy five?! :lol:
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

i did that once and i got a warning of abuse from ebay that i couldnt leave negative feedback with a positive click
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

that's fuct!
good to know though

GiantTarHeel
Posse

Re: Re:

Post by GiantTarHeel »

cheap cologne wrote:
displaced bear wrote:usually second chance offers to my knowledge don't seem to really do so well b/c people are just led to believe it was shill bidding.
I hear ya.. I thought about that, but anyone that actually looks will see 3 different bidders from 275-290 and realize it is not shilled.

Still sucks.
Even still, I've run plenty of auctions that I second chanced buyers and 95% of the time they don't buy it. I think it takes away their excitement of winning an auction.
agent_samsonite
Punk

Post by agent_samsonite »

msg the deadbeat buyer back, tell him how garbage-like of a human being he is, then repost the auction and try to get more money. In the end you may profit from this deadbeats loss.
"Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble" - Old Arabian proverb
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

Anyone ever dealt with buyer: tconnectionnyc ?

Waiting on a hefty sum of money for a few prints he bought on Saturday.
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Recently, I sold an iPhone to a, eBay deadbeat and they sent me an email saying and I qoute "Ya, I think you're making me pay too much for this phone." So I emailed him back and told him that I hope a piano falls out of the sky and kills him.

I relisted it and got about 15 bucks more than what jerkoff bought it for.

Simply relist it.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

cheap cologne wrote:Can I do anything besides leave bad feedback?

I sold my matching #'d Presidential Seals last night on ebay for $290
I thought they would go a little higher... but whatever, I needed to recoup from paying flipper price for an Elephant.

I get an email this morning that says "My little brother bid and he can't pay, I don't want and can't afford these items. Please except my apology."

"except" your apology??
WTF??

Do I just leave bad feedback and call it a day?
At least you got a response from the bidder! I just got stiffed on $200 for a print that 'sold' on Ebay and havent heard sh*t from the winner. Lame a$$!
BigBp0057
Propaganda Engineer

Post by BigBp0057 »

It happens all too often
#1 ISO Visual Disobedience 04, #2 ISO Guns & Roses 18x24
Obey Prints For Sale: http://www.obeygiantprints.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BigAlCapone
Giant

Post by BigAlCapone »

apaj428 wrote:A lot of people believe in second chances...I for one do not...You wait a week for your item to sell hoping it goes for a high dollar amount only to realize some disobedient kid has won your item beacause he just so happened to login to ebay use a password and know enough to bid but not pay for an item. I find situations like this unsettling!

please use caution when buying and selling and always obey the law! :evil:
i miss my old screen name i was on here before all you punks!!
:lol: :twisted:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Sounds too much like positive criticism. I say just leave them negative feedback. :lol:

:lol: