**PETITION TO FIX OBEYGIANT.COM**

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
DunDun
Giant

Re: **PETITION TO FIX OBEYGIANT.COM**

Post by DunDun »

Phởgg wrote:line swine whatever it sucks having something in cart and losing it in a server crash that could/should be fixed

can you dig?
I agree it sucks, but this just seems to be a losing battle. It's been 2.5+ years of complaining about the servers and nothing has changed.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

this thread was getting old when it started. :roll:

when I first started attempting to purchase prints I was very frustrated by the way the site worked, and occasionaly I still am. Amazingly I am not as upset when I manage to score a print, imagine that.
I am sure that it has been mentioned on this thread before but there are always gonna be losers when there are only a 'handful' of prints to go around.
I spent the WHOLE day trying to score Peace Elephant to no avail and granted I was upset but I have enough OG experience to know that it is bound to happen sometimes.

:shock: There is no perfect solution. :shock:
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

hahahaha
just found this, hilarious!!
http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/The_Donk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

Abrogate wrote:hahahaha
http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/The_Donk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, I wish I'd have been able to get an elephant, but frankly I don't think I'd find collecting Shepard Fairey prints any where near as much fun without "The Donk" and "The Horror."
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

Too f#@*ckin' funny!
sheeponahill
Swindler

Post by sheeponahill »

rumspring wrote:frankly I don't think I'd find collecting Shepard Fairey prints any where near as much fun without "The Donk" and "The Horror."
+1
My collection: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=13792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

bdavenport wrote:What if we start a petition to fix the giant.org server?

It seems that on drop days, espcially at drop time, the server is especially slow and hard to get into. Might have better luck too.
Hah, I actually blame that surge on all the people frustrated they can't get through on OG.com. They check in here to see if there's something wrong there, only to crash this server.
dpills
Punk

Post by dpills »

My only complaint about the system now is the refunds, the challenge of the server crashing makes it fun.
Abrogate
Giant

Re:

Post by Abrogate »

dpills wrote:My only complaint about the system now is the refunds, the challenge of the server crashing makes it fun.
definately heartbreaking to score a print only to receive a refund notice. IMO way worse than not scoring one at all.
rumspring
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by rumspring »

Abrogate wrote:
dpills wrote:My only complaint about the system now is the refunds, the challenge of the server crashing makes it fun.
definately heartbreaking to score a print only to receive a refund notice. IMO way worse than not scoring one at all.
So, we have "The Donk" and "The Horror", but what do we call the dreaded refund notice? Is there already a colloquialism for that? If not, how about calling it "The Plague" or maybe "The Black Death?"
http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/The_Donk
http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/The_Horror
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

The Andre Smash seems appropriate as he didn't have a signature finishing move.
Submit. Rapture.
rumspring
Giant

Re:

Post by rumspring »

MunkeyPants wrote:The Andre Smash seems appropriate as he didn't have a signature finishing move.
Perfect. I guess I should have been thinking in terms of wrestling moves... "The Andre Smash" is very metaphoric and quite appropriate if you ask me.

So, if I can get past all "The Donks" to survive "The Horror" I may still be subject to "The Andre Smash." :)
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

:lol: awesome !
TechnoDJ
Punk

Post by TechnoDJ »

toobs wrote:
:lol: awesome !
Just wanted to say your Elephant humping avatar is epic.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

absolutely against server upgrades... need to keep the oppty to buy open as long as possible. The craptastic servers of today are your friend!
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by creestofer »

truthiness wrote:absolutely against server upgrades... need to keep the oppty to buy open as long as possible. The craptastic servers of today are your friend!
+1
but even if they did fix the server, and prints sold out in 10 seconds, people would start complaining that its too fast.
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

truthiness wrote:absolutely against server upgrades... need to keep the oppty to buy open as long as possible. The craptastic servers of today are your friend!

Thanks for the feedback but that's an unfounded claim. There is nothing to support the notion that the current ineptitude of the servers improves your chances. It does favor those who are slow on the draw or late to the game though. For everyone who was on top of the drop, a solid check out system would allow them to actually complete their transactions or let them know sooner that they didn't score. This is about improving efficiency for everyone.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

i want fast
got sh^t to do
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slidingaround
Giant

Re:

Post by slidingaround »

Agree! :)
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

cybernigel wrote:

Thanks for the feedback but that's an unfounded claim. There is nothing to support the notion that the current ineptitude of the servers improves your chances. It does favor those who are slow on the draw or late to the game though. For everyone who was on top of the drop, a solid check out system would allow them to actually complete their transactions or let them know sooner that they didn't score. This is about improving efficiency for everyone.
about as unfounded as yours right?

my collection is proof (no proof jokes) that the fubar'd servers work to a collector's advantage. If they sold out in 1 minute I'd have zilch. The only change I'd make is that once it's in your cart, it's yours to buy.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

truthiness wrote:
cybernigel wrote:

my collection is proof (no proof jokes) that the fubar'd servers work to a collector's advantage. If they sold out in 1 minute I'd have zilch. The only change I'd make is that once it's in your cart, it's yours to buy.
HAPPY 1000 POST!
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

truthiness wrote:
cybernigel wrote:

Actually no on several counts. Mine is based on probability while yours is based on empirical evidence which, you may know, is not proof at all. Furthermore, the only change that you would make, to preserve the session and guarantee a checkout for items in your cart, is a pretty big change that would also result in much faster sell-outs, and essentially what I am advocating. So, in a round about way, thanks for the support. :wink:
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Bump for the creation of an ecommerce system that works. If you get it in your cart it shouldn't fall out on the way to Paypal.
hames002
Giant

Post by hames002 »

DO SOMETHING OBEY

You are gonna lose your true fans
christoe
Punk

Post by christoe »

PLEASE - JUST GO BACK TO RANDOM DROPS