Little situation

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Little situation

Post by MunkeyPants »

Made a deal with another board member to trade prints, my print plus $50 via PP and his print straight up. I shipped mine insured as per board rules and asked him to do the same. He did not. He packed the 24x36 print in a tube with a 24" wide reused kraft paper. Put bubble wrap in one end and nothing in the other. You can see this coming. Edge damage down one whole side. His statement on the quality of the print was that it was mint. Obviously, it no longer is. I've asked for a refund of the cash, he asked to see pix of the damage. I sent and he has not responded in a reasonable time. Edge damage will frame out, but we all know trying to sell prints with edge damage lowers the value considerably. Is $50 back too much to ask? What would you do?
Submit. Rapture.
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

Unlike the women I date, I don't settle. If it were me I would completely undo the deal by having all prints and money returned to the original owners.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
add 'em
Swindler

Re: Little situation

Post by add 'em »

if you want to keep the print...i think you should get at least the $50 back for sure...
add 'em subtract 'em
Shonquan
Giant

Re:

Post by Shonquan »

rastapunk wrote:If it were me I would completely undo the deal by having all prints and money returned to the original owners.
I agree.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

rastapunk wrote:Unlike the women I date, I don't settle.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

What are the approximate values of the two prints involved, are we talking like $50, $100, $200, $500?
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Totally depends on what print (value) is i think. Bare minium the $50 back or maybe more depending on print value.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

if he didn't ship it right the first time, I don't have much confidence he will the second.
Submit. Rapture.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

I traded Tyrant Boot for WBNO.
Submit. Rapture.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

MunkeyPants wrote:if he didn't ship it right the first time, I don't have much confidence he will the second.
I didn't even think about yours potentially getting damaged on the way back. Hmmmm... I do think shipping an 18 inch wide print with all that extra kraft paper is much easier not to mess up versus a 24 inch wide print. Values aside (I don't know where they both sit currently), but if I had the choice between a mint Tyrant Boot and a War by Numbers Offset with a little bit of edge damage, it'd be really close... if I could get the $50 in PayPal back, I think I would be totally down with keeping the War by Numbers Offset, especially not having to deal with shipping things back.

Regardless, sorry to hear that you received a damaged print. I hope it gets resolved so both of you are happy in the end! :D

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

At the very least, get the $50 back.

If you like WBNO and were going to frame and hang it - settle on the cash

If you were getting it to collect but maybe not enough to frame and hang - go the rastapunk way.
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
boscotech
Swindler

Post by boscotech »

if you want the money and hes not responding, open a paypal claim, item was not described. That will surely get his attention.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

boscotech wrote:if you want the money and hes not responding, open a paypal claim, item was not described. That will surely get his attention.
calling him out in this thread will also get his attention... it will also help out other members on possible future trades with this same person
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

fribhey wrote:
boscotech wrote:if you want the money and hes not responding, open a paypal claim, item was not described. That will surely get his attention.
calling him out in this thread will also get his attention... it will also help out other members on possible future trades with this same person
It will get their attention, but wouldn't it be better to try to work it out privately for a little while? Calling people out can potentially tarnish people's name for a long time, everyone can make shipping mistakes.

Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

I agree, but if by chance you do want to call him out, there was a thread created a year or two ago for that reason. I can't remember where, but it's around here somewhere. Good luck though man.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

That's why I didn't name the individual right off. But it does stick in my craw that he blows me off. If nothing by Sunday, I'll open the PP dispute. What a PITA.
Submit. Rapture.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

travel to the address on the tube he sent you.

take with you a large car battery, jumper cables, zip ties, duct tape and an old rusty box spring.
you'll know what to do when you get there...
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Bwahahahaha
Submit. Rapture.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Raggadrop »

MunkeyPants wrote:I traded Tyrant Boot for WBNO.
Sounds like you got the better of the two posters...with the edge damage, it sounds fair.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

im in the same boat with a member..id call him out...im about to do it if i dont get a response to my messages
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

Raggadrop wrote:
MunkeyPants wrote:I traded Tyrant Boot for WBNO.
Sounds like you got the better of the two posters...with the edge damage, it sounds fair.
It was Tyrant Boot plus $50 PayPal for the War by Numbers Offset (now with edge damage).

skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

extremeimages77 wrote:im in the same boat with a member..id call him out...im about to do it if i dont get a response to my messages
i don't understand the lack of communication from the parties responsible for the damaged prints...you can figure it out via PM and make the deal right...much better than not responding and then the eventual "calling out" and your rep will be permanently damaged
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

He paid the $50 when I opened a PP dispute. End of story.
Submit. Rapture.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Shonquan
Giant

Re:

Post by Shonquan »

MunkeyPants wrote:He paid the $50 when I opened a PP dispute. End of story.
Glad to hear you got the $50.