Framed or rolled?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
jak88
Giant

Framed or rolled?

Post by jak88 »

Need some advice from fellow board members ...

If you had a choice of having a print shipped to you framed or rolled in tube (assume you didn't want the frame), which would be safest way to ship to reduce risk of damage?

Thx for the help.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Framed or rolled?

Post by conartstudio »

jak88 wrote:Need some advice from fellow board members ...

If you had a choice of having a print shipped to you framed or rolled in tube (assume you didn't want the frame), which would be safest way to ship to reduce risk of damage?

Thx for the help.
neither way is any safer. if UPS/FEDEX/ETC wants to destroy your package they will. sad but true.

with that said, having it shipped in a frame is heavier and more expensive. also depends on if the frame has glass that can shatter and cut the print. If it's just a basic print i would have rolled, double tubed and put in a rectangle box filled with peanuts.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

fribhey wrote:
jak88 wrote:Need some advice from fellow board members ...

Thx for the help.
neither way is any safer. if UPS/FEDEX/ETC wants to destroy your package they will. sad but true.

with that said, having it shipped in a frame is heavier and more expensive. also depends on if the frame has glass that can shatter and cut the print. If it's just a basic print i would have rolled, double tubed and put in a rectangle box filled with peanuts.
If you don't want the frame definitely have it removed and shipped rolled. This will also give you the benefit of having the removal of the print be their liability rather than yours. So if there was a bad hinge job, moisture damage, etc. it would be apparant to the seller before they sent it off to you and they can inform you of any framing related damage that may not have otherwise been revealed.

Also, if you arent' confident in their ability to package it well I know some members, like Dun Dun, have had good success sending the seller an empty tube containing the proper packing materials and instructions.

Good luck
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

Thanks all. I really appeciate your feedback and smart ideas.
BigAlCapone
Giant

Post by BigAlCapone »

i like it bubblewrapped and rolled into a protective tube!

cheers

~bigal 8)
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

id say have it sent framed..one less person putting there fingers all over it..imo
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."