UPS / MoveOn.org - Missing Print issue

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

UPS / MoveOn.org - Missing Print issue

Post by superfly snuka »

I have a random inquiry to see if anyone has had the same experience and how to possibly handle it?! My better half ordered a "Yes We Did" unsigned MoveOn.org print. Originally it came damaged, so we returned it as per their instructions. They apparently sent a replacement which we never received. We tracked the package and saw that someone had signed for it back in February, who is some mystery person. Now 7 months later after going back and forth with the shipping dept. @ MoveOn.org, they are saying that UPS are saying that they left an attempted delivery notice at our condo and that person who signed for the package took the notice to the UPS driver and signed for the print. UPS and MoveOn.org both are saying they are not taking responsibility and to find the dude who signed for it and good luck - which means to me we are SOL. :evil: .

Is there anything we can do??? Thanks!!!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

:shock: Ugh, sorry to hear about this whole ordeal!

I have no insight, but that's wild that UPS just ducked the blame. Is there a time frame that passed or something?
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by superfly snuka »

Patillac13 wrote::shock: Ugh, sorry to hear about this whole ordeal!

I have no insight, but that's wild that UPS just ducked the blame. Is there a time frame that passed or something?

Thanks Patillac!

A quick update. Last night I emailed every email contact I could find at MoveOn.org and today got an email saying they would refund me. I really can't stand UPS though. Why do people still use them??? They are definitely not the cheapest shipper nor the best by any means.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

superfly snuka wrote:I really can't stand UPS though. Why do people still use them??? They are definitely not the cheapest shipper nor the best by any means.
I've got no love for UPS (and I've gotten drunk with-- and was presented an award by-- the guy who "draws" their ads on TV :lol: ), but to be fair they probably are the cheapest ground-service delivery around (for what you get (tracking, insurance, at-door pick-up) and for Obey, anyway, and probably for MoveOn.org, too). For one-off shipping, you're right: other shippers are better priced. UPS' corporate contracts and bulk shipping discounts, however, pretty much beat the pants off of anyone, anywhere, (even the USPS), even if those savings aren't always passed along.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Re: UPS / MoveOn.org - Missing Print issue

Post by superfly snuka »

True, if you have a Worldship system from them it can be really cheap, but you have to lease or buy it from them as well. I've just had terrible experiences with them even outside of the art stuff.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

admonkey wrote:'ve got no love for UPS (and I've gotten drunk with-- and was presented an award by-- the guy who "draws" their ads on TV :lol: )
that guy pisses me off and he needs to be punched in the face
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

fribhey wrote:
admonkey wrote:'ve got no love for UPS (and I've gotten drunk with-- and was presented an award by-- the guy who "draws" their ads on TV :lol: )
that guy pisses me off and he needs to be punched in the face
Yeah, he's pretty much an buttocks in real life, too, but he knows how to buy liquor on an expense account.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.