no more paypal for me

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: no more paypal for me

Post by conartstudio »

brintoul wrote:
summoner wrote:
brintoul wrote:
Did you send it using Express Mail? Express automatically requires a signature upon delivery and is all that I will using when sending International.
I don't think I did, not sure. Anyway, I couldn't figure out a way to get a signature from France, so I just threw up my hands - after speaking to eBay representatives twice.
sorry to hear about the scam... just an FYI for future sales, never ever ever ship first class internationally. there is no confirmation or signature req for 1st class. ALWAYS ship International Express Mail or International Priority because both are trackable and you can have both require signature delivery. Express and Priority cost more but that's the price of shipping overseas.

The other option is to turn off the international shipping option on your ebay listing and only ship to the US. I'll ship internationally to board members but usually only within the US when i sell stuff on ebay.

here's a thread about international shipping:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... l+shipping
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

brintoul wrote:
summoner wrote:
brintoul wrote:
Did you send it using Express Mail? Express automatically requires a signature upon delivery and is all that I will using when sending International.
I don't think I did, not sure. Anyway, I couldn't figure out a way to get a signature from France, so I just threw up my hands - after speaking to eBay representatives twice.
Signature, if it was sent USPS Express International, should be able to be requested by the US Post office. But as there was no insurance, the most you could get from the deal would be $100 Express and $50 Priority from USPS insurance if the tracking does not show as delivered. Not much, but at least it would be something.
fribhey wrote: ALWAYS ship International Express Mail or International Priority because both are trackable and you can have both require signature delivery.
I checked with the PO about Signature (as this option was not selectable on the website) and was told that Signature is automatically done on ALL Express International packages. This is what I was told about 3 weeks ago on a package I had going to Germany. Insurance is a whole other argument...
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

I've been ripped before too. Bought a pair of sneakers (Lebron 8 South Beaches) seller dragged transaction out long enough that I couldn't take any action against them. I was just being patient, not knowing I would never receive my item. Tried to take it to the next level, but nothing came of it. Ebay sucks (most of the time) and PayScam definitely sucks! :evil:
highbrow
Posse

Post by highbrow »

I made a sale not ebay related, buyer paid me via paypal and was good enough to even cover the fees, item was sent ( it was a 4500 total ) spoke to buyer, no worries everything was good. 6 months and three days later he decided to charge back via his amex. paypal pulls my account to neg. 4500 dollars paypals repsonse thus far has been it is being reviewed by the credit card charge back and should they win or settle the issue with the card company (Amex) my account will be brought back to a zero balance. As someone who has a Amex card I know paypal will win and Amex will back the card holder 100 percent so I am screwed , someone needs to figure out a company that protects the sellers a little better.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Have you tried calling the person and finding out what's up? That sounds pretty garbage-like, sorry to hear it. You could probably open another paypal account too so at least you're not crippled in that respect - you're allowed to have as many business accounts as you want, just need unique checking accounts to go with them.
on point like a decimalist?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

highbrow wrote:I made a sale not ebay related, buyer paid me via paypal and was good enough to even cover the fees, item was sent ( it was a 4500 total ) spoke to buyer, no worries everything was good. 6 months and three days later he decided to charge back via his amex. paypal pulls my account to neg. 4500 dollars paypals repsonse thus far has been it is being reviewed by the credit card charge back and should they win or settle the issue with the card company (Amex) my account will be brought back to a zero balance. As someone who has a Amex card I know paypal will win and Amex will back the card holder 100 percent so I am screwed , someone needs to figure out a company that protects the sellers a little better.
That's a lot of money - hope you work that out.
Maybe post the buyer's name as a warning to other sellers?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman