Tips on UPS Claim

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
bdavenport
punk

Tips on UPS Claim

Post by bdavenport »

Purchased a print from a board member for a good price. When the print got to my house tube was crushed as was the tube. Bummer! I put in a UPS claim. Any tips on how to get the claim approved? Am I to expect a refund or will UPS cover the cost of a replacement print? Not sure it will be available for what I got it for (got a good deal). Thanks for the help gang.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
Abrogate
Giant

Re: Tips on UPS Claim

Post by Abrogate »

:cry: bummer.
thats what insurance is for. this is thegiant afterall.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

bdavenport wrote:Purchased a print from a board member for a good price. When the print got to my house tube was crushed as was the tube. Bummer! I put in a UPS claim. Any tips on how to get the claim approved? Am I to expect a refund or will UPS cover the cost of a replacement print? Not sure it will be available for what I got it for (got a good deal). Thanks for the help gang.
If the tube was well-packaged and crushed in delivery it shouldn't be hard to get the claim authorized. If you are home when it's delivered it always best to alert the driver to the damage right away even though they are supposed to have already noted this if they recognize it. They will ask you to hold on to the package for a few days and *may* come pick it up to inspect it but I've never actually seen them do this. They will refund for the value of the print based on the documentation provided by the shipper. Ask the shipper to include the cost of shipping in this documentation. They will review these materials and make a decision. If they do decide to pay the claim they will send a check to the shipper who will then need to reimburse you.

Good luck!
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

Who the heck is using UPS to ship a print? Any board member here knows that is a no no! :P
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037