Suggestion box to Obey Giant.

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
agent_samsonite
Punk

Suggestion box to Obey Giant.

Post by agent_samsonite »

So I'm sure many of you are bummed not getting the new "Jaws" print today. I'm also sure it doesnt help seeing 10 listings on ebay for it.....those co** suckers. Well, Im with you, and I was thinking today, we should send in some suggestions. I'm fed up with missing out on prints and having to pay a flipper 3 times the original price when he doesnt even have it yet. Make whatever argument you like, flipping is for D-bags. It's not just about today either, its about all the times in the past us real collectors, the real fans, the real art admirers missed out on because Dooshbag McDoosherson wants to make dirty money. So, this is gonna be a sort of "Suggestion Box". I don't know if its been done before, but it needs to be re-addressed. So...everybody throw in your suggestions and after they rack up a bit, I'll send it over to Obey Giant. Will it do anything? Who knows, but as Zach De La Rocha said, "If we dont take action now, we settle for nothing later". I agree with him. So I'll start.

P.S. If your a Dooshbag McDoosherson, no banter please, it will be severly ignored.

Suggestion 1

There should be a subscription service of some type, where addresses, credit card number, and other billing info is kept on record. You could be given a username or passcode also or even a access code emailed to you once a print is about to be dropped so when you buy it, you enter it along with your username and bingo you get a print. Also, all your info would be confirmed by mailing a form which you sign and send back thus ensuring its a legit address. If any member is caught "flipping" they are permabanned. Also, get better servers that can handle the high bandwith.
"Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble" - Old Arabian proverb
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Suggestion box to Obey Giant.

Post by alwaysalx »

i agree but you are fighting a losing battle

good luck though, i am all for the cause

attica attica!!!! :twisted:
'the best things in life, are not things!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

agent_samsonite wrote: There should be a subscription service of some type, where addresses, credit card number, and other billing info is kept on record. You could be given a username or passcode also or even a access code emailed to you once a print is about to be dropped so when you buy it, you enter it along with your username and bingo you get a print. Also, all your info would be confirmed by mailing a form which you sign and send back thus ensuring its a legit address. If any member is caught "flipping" they are permabanned. Also, get better servers that can handle the high bandwith.
all of this is already included in the platinum club. and if you have the 24kt gold leaf around your name on your membership card, flipping is ok.
on point like a decimalist?
agent_samsonite
Punk

whyhoo wrote:
agent_samsonite wrote: There should be a subscription service of some type, where addresses, credit card number, and other billing info is kept on record. You could be given a username or passcode also or even a access code emailed to you once a print is about to be dropped so when you buy it, you enter it along with your username and bingo you get a print. Also, all your info would be confirmed by mailing a form which you sign and send back thus ensuring its a legit address. If any member is caught "flipping" they are permabanned. Also, get better servers that can handle the high bandwith.
all of this is already included in the platinum club. and if you have the 24kt gold leaf around your name on your membership card, flipping is ok.
no wai!!! I have the 12kt gold leaf around my name, what does that give me? Srsly guys, If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem ;)
"Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble" - Old Arabian proverb
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Good stuff here agent...but its been covered a million times and it has gotten very litte reception from the Obey People. We just have to duke it out like everyone else.
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

The guys book is called "Supply and Demand". The pain in the buttocks is the whole point.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

agent_samsonite,

i like your enthusiasm but this topic has been beaten to death over and over and over again and everyone is tired of hearing about it. every time someone new joins the board (such as yourself) they feel the need to complain about the difficulty in buying prints and then go on diatribes about their hatred of flippers and how they must be stopped. as long as there is a high demand for shepard then it will be difficult in getting what you want and that will NEVER change... we've all heard the complaints a million times and so has shepard. if you want a better chance in getting prints then just contribute to these forums and hang around on drop days. everyone is in the same boat as you so get used to it and stop complaining.

PS: a subscription service will NEVER work for shepard's prints and the majority of the people here don't want it (which is good because it will never happen).

PPS: you being a new person here and calling people "Dooshbag McDoosherson" who follow up your banter with their own will not win you any karma points. if you want advice/help with getting prints then stop with the name calling, chill out, and ask nicely.
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Well said fribhey!
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
agent_samsonite
Punk

Re:

fribhey wrote:agent_samsonite,

i like your enthusiasm but this topic has been beaten to death over and over and over again and everyone is tired of hearing about it. every time someone new joins the board (such as yourself) they feel the need to complain about the difficulty in buying prints and then go on diatribes about their hatred of flippers and how they must be stopped. as long as there is a high demand for shepard then it will be difficult in getting what you want and that will NEVER change... we've all heard the complaints a million times and so has shepard. if you want a better chance in getting prints then just contribute to these forums and hang around on drop days. everyone is in the same boat as you so get used to it and stop complaining.

PS: a subscription service will NEVER work for shepard's prints and the majority of the people here don't want it (which is good because it will never happen).

PPS: you being a new person here and calling people "Dooshbag McDoosherson" who follow up your banter with their own will not win you any karma points. if you want advice/help with getting prints then stop with the name calling, chill out, and ask nicely.
Then whats the point of having a rant thread if you cant rant? Or at least rant without getting the 3rd degree for it. Im not calling everyone a dooshbag, just people who clog up threads with junk that's adjacent to the thread. The thread says "suggestion box". Im sure theres alot of other people on here, new and seasoned, that share the same ideas and desires. Im sure not everyone disagrees with a subscription service of some type. And you say "contribute" to these forums but yet oppose someone, such as I, who is trying to contribute. How does hanging around on the forums increase my chances of getting a print? Its a matter of getting to the golden paypal checkout page and submitting your payment. Hanging out on here doesnt improve my chances or get me to that screen faster, unless theres some super secret platinum pass you have to buy once your reach a level higher than "swindler". And Im sure theres alot of new members on here that want to rant and say things but dont want to deal with the BS of getting reamed for saying something and then being criticized for being new. I looked through the forums but didnt see a specific thread devoted to sending suggestions from Obey fans directly to Obey. How many of you have even called Obey or emialed them suggesting your ideas? The threads are open to everyone and their ideas. So what if its been covered, guess what, Im covering it again. Nobody is ofrcing you to look at my thread or comment on it. Nobody has yet to even throw up a suggestion on this thread. Just effing banter. If your tired of hearing about it, dont click on my thread. Its very simple. Im not tired of hearing about...know why? Because Im new here and want to voice my opinion. Im sure everyone one of you "veterans" on here has voiced theres and I deserve a forum for my opinion and voice as well. And Im sure all fo you veterans were into Sheps work around the time when it WAS attainable. When it wasnt in such high demand that you have to electronically fight off hoardes of people racing to get the same print. I got into Shep's work back in 2007 by coincidence and have been a fan every since. As of yet, Ive only attained 2 prints from Obey's site and Ive tried for EVERY print hes released. Ive called off work many times just to be around for th drop only to not recieve it. Im not saying Im the only one who's done it, but I feel like ranting without getting BS criticism with BS obvious answers. In short, if your tired of a topic on a thread, then dont read that thread. Simple right? I might as well delete my account since I seem to find little help here and more criticism for being new. Whats the point of this website if you cant use it for what its intended? Peace.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

You cant buy your way in to Platinum club, you have to be invited! :wink:
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: Re:

Post by MrMurk »

agent_samsonite wrote:
fribhey wrote:agent_samsonite,

Then whats the point of having a rant thread if you cant rant? Or at least rant without getting the 3rd degree for it. Im not calling everyone a dooshbag, just people who clog up threads with junk that's adjacent to the thread. The thread says "suggestion box". Im sure theres alot of other people on here, new and seasoned, that share the same ideas and desires. Im sure not everyone disagrees with a subscription service of some type. And you say "contribute" to these forums but yet oppose someone, such as I, who is trying to contribute. How does hanging around on the forums increase my chances of getting a print? Its a matter of getting to the golden paypal checkout page and submitting your payment. Hanging out on here doesnt improve my chances or get me to that screen faster, unless theres some super secret platinum pass you have to buy once your reach a level higher than "swindler". And Im sure theres alot of new members on here that want to rant and say things but dont want to deal with the BS of getting reamed for saying something and then being criticized for being new. I looked through the forums but didnt see a specific thread devoted to sending suggestions from Obey fans directly to Obey. How many of you have even called Obey or emialed them suggesting your ideas? The threads are open to everyone and their ideas. So what if its been covered, guess what, Im covering it again. Nobody is ofrcing you to look at my thread or comment on it. Nobody has yet to even throw up a suggestion on this thread. Just effing banter. If your tired of hearing about it, dont click on my thread. Its very simple. Im not tired of hearing about...know why? Because Im new here and want to voice my opinion. Im sure everyone one of you "veterans" on here has voiced theres and I deserve a forum for my opinion and voice as well. And Im sure all fo you veterans were into Sheps work around the time when it WAS attainable. When it wasnt in such high demand that you have to electronically fight off hoardes of people racing to get the same print. I got into Shep's work back in 2007 by coincidence and have been a fan every since. As of yet, Ive only attained 2 prints from Obey's site and Ive tried for EVERY print hes released. Ive called off work many times just to be around for th drop only to not recieve it. Im not saying Im the only one who's done it, but I feel like ranting without getting BS criticism with BS obvious answers. In short, if your tired of a topic on a thread, then dont read that thread. Simple right? I might as well delete my account since I seem to find little help here and more criticism for being new. Whats the point of this website if you cant use it for what its intended? Peace.
Fribhey loves to police the forums, don't take it personal he just can't help himself.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

this will never happen....its a bloodbath so get use to it and quit yer bitching! there are always other prints right around the corner..so cheer up and maybe you might become a Obey Jedi Knight with proper training....and you spelled bandwagoner wrong.....

I've heard your opinion a million times over and that's the nature of the beast, you can't always get every print that you want....maybe you should start collecting commemorative plates with Obama pictures on it....Next

cheers
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

blazedoutbee wrote:....and you spelled bandwagoner wrong.....
Isn't it bandwagonaire?
agent_samsonite
Punk

Re:

[quote="blazedoutbee"]this will never happen....its a bloodbath so get use to it and quit yer bitching! there are always other prints right around the corner..so cheer up and maybe you might become a Obey Jedi Knight with proper training....and you spelled bandwagoner wrong.....

I've heard your opinion a million times over and that's the nature of the beast, you can't always get every print that you want....maybe you should start collecting commemorative plates with Obama pictures on it....Next

cheers[/quote

No!
password
Giant

Post by password »

Someone should make a print about how hard it is to score a Obey print and the irony would be that that print sells out instantly and most who wanted it are left empty handed.
Silent_Revolution
Punk

Re:

Post by Silent_Revolution »

password wrote:Someone should make a print about how hard it is to score a Obey print and the irony would be that that print sells out instantly and most who wanted it are left empty handed.
But then Shep would release an offset...and ironically that would sell out.
"Using numerology to count the people I sent to heaven produces more digits than 22 divided by 7" - Immortal Technique

Wants: Israel/Palestine red, Rose Shackle, Rose girl, Peace Mujer, Arab woman red.
DangerousBri
Swindler

Post by DangerousBri »

Hey Agent

First off I was wondering if you could sell me a few shares of GOOG at $108.31 or find me someone that is willing to sell it to me at that price, the price everyone paid when it was first publicly traded. 2nd if there are 5000 people who legitimately want the print and try to buy it but only 350 get it, that means 1 out of 10 don't get it. Only 50 prints or so going to flippers is not a high ratio.

It's just like Springsteen fans complaining to their Senator. It does nothing. All 50,000-60,000 of them want to go to a concert. There are only 12,000 tickets. Now the scalpers come in and buy 1000 of those tickets. That means thats no matter what all 50,000 people weren't going to get tickets but to them it's unfair because they DESERVE them. They are bigger fans than anyone else. Guess what, they aren't no matter what, even if the scalpers didn't buy one ticket there are always going to be people who don't get the tickets they deserve.

I appreciate the flippers myself because I can actually buy a print I want without waiting all day for it to drop and fighting through PayPal and back, kicking and screaming the whole time cause it sucks. the extra $50-$100 I spend from a flipper is well worth it.

There are two ways to fix the problem. First is to auction every print. We know this isn't going to happen because Shepard deliberately under prices the market so people like you can afford them if they get lucky. The second is to have his staff buy every print on ebay that is auctioned before any are delivered. Pay for the item and then match up the numbers when they arrive and ban those sellers. This is never ending because a good flipper will always have multiple credit cards and billing addresses. Therefore there is no cure and it's best to stop worrying about a minority of prints being flipped.
Silent_Revolution
Punk

but at the end of day, eff flippers. :mrgreen: Although, you do make a valid point. At least everybody who maybe missed out on the print has a second chance to get it, whereas if everybody who was a collector got one and planned on keeping it, it means nobody would get it until said person feels like letting it go. Hmmm, maybe flippers are beneficial, kinda like how Hyena's are along with other lowly creatures.
"Using numerology to count the people I sent to heaven produces more digits than 22 divided by 7" - Immortal Technique

Wants: Israel/Palestine red, Rose Shackle, Rose girl, Peace Mujer, Arab woman red.
Abrogate
Giant

Re:

Post by Abrogate »

blazedoutbee wrote:its a bloodbath so get use to it and quit yer bitching! there are always other prints right around the corner..so cheer up and maybe you might become a Obey Jedi Knight with proper training
:lol: :lol:
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
Silent_Revolution
Punk

I think Agent has som valid points. props. Dont hate on em ppl.

conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Silent_Revolution wrote:I think Agent has som valid points. props. Dont hate on em ppl.
he does have valid points BUT they are the same points that are brought up every time a new eager fan joins the forum. reality is that as long as there's demand for shepard's work it will continue to get harder and harder to get it, there will always be people trying to make money off of him and more and more people will b1tch about the situation. we can't control how hard it is getting prints or the people trying to make a quick buck off of the situation but we can try and control the constant b1tching. we all agree with agent (except for the subscription) but we are also tired of hearing about it.

there is nothing left of the horse to beat
BigAlCapone
Giant

Re:

Post by BigAlCapone »

password wrote:Someone should make a print about how hard it is to score a Obey print and the irony would be that that print sells out instantly and most who wanted it are left empty handed.
+10
Silent_Revolution
Punk

fribhey wrote:
Silent_Revolution wrote:I think Agent has som valid points. props. Dont hate on em ppl.
he does have valid points BUT they are the same points that are brought up every time a new eager fan joins the forum. reality is that as long as there's demand for shepard's work it will continue to get harder and harder to get it, there will always be people trying to make money off of him and more and more people will b1tch about the situation. we can't control how hard it is getting prints or the people trying to make a quick buck off of the situation but we can try and control the constant b1tching. we all agree with agent (except for the subscription) but we are also tired of hearing about it.

there is nothing left of the horse to beat
Perhaps the subject is pretty beat. I remember reading in sheps supply & demand book about him saying that eventually his work wont be part of the cool underground thing that few people know and use it as a "secret handshake". That as demand for his work increases, the more and more his work becomes part of the system rather than operating outside it. Something along those lines, does anybody know what Im talkin about? I read in another thread which got me thinking and perhaps changing my own views on flippers, that is, flippers are giving people a second chance at getting a print they otherwise would miss out on. For example, shep usually does runs of 450, if theres 1000 true collectors who really want that piece for their collection, and zero flippers, that means that the people who DO get a print probably have no interest in selling it (soon at least). So that would make the prints even harder to get. Flippers ensure that people who do really want it can duke it out on ebay. Its a weird situation but it makes sense if you look at it with an open mind.

MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Subscription would suck. And don't think Shep doesn't go after flippers he does. Weston certainly goes after people. Someone bought the 20th Retro set and posted it on eBay minutes after it sold out. They were refunded and banned by Weston minutes later. They do have a blacklist. Some people on EB have admitted to being on it.
Submit. Rapture.