Ebay seller is on Somethin'

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Ebay seller is on Somethin'

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

So ebay seller Ryan_1969 has a few shep prints up. Theyre BIN's at $499.99...the only thing is this joker is selling prints that rarely go over $200.00 with the exception of war by numbers. This guy be trippin'
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Ebay seller is on Somethin'

Post by blazedoutbee »

Prints_of_Thieves wrote:So ebay seller Ryan_1969 has a few shep prints up. Theyre BIN's at $499.99...the only thing is this joker is selling prints that rarely go over $200.00 with the exception of war by numbers. This guy be trippin'

this dude has been in the game for years...

good people too.....
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

They all have or best offer. Who's trippin'?
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

blazedoutbee wrote:
Prints_of_Thieves wrote:So ebay seller Ryan_1969 has a few shep prints up. Theyre BIN's at $499.99...the only thing is this joker is selling prints that rarely go over $200.00 with the exception of war by numbers. This guy be trippin'

this dude has been in the game for years...

good people too.....
dont really know him, just sorta thought those prices were wayyyyy too steep even if they are best offers.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Who cares? Why are you complaining about what someone wants to sell their items for? You don't like his prices then move on....
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

funny thing is someone will come across one of his auctions not having any idea what's going on in the ebeans bubble and hit buy it now cuz they're psyched about having that art on their wall.
on point like a decimalist?
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

whyhoo wrote:funny thing is someone will come across one of his auctions not having any idea what's going on in the ebeans bubble and hit buy it now cuz they're psyched about having that art on their wall.
true
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Is it not common to place your BIN really high and entertain offers? To me that seems like good business sense.
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

fribhey wrote:
Who cares? Why are you complaining about what someone wants to sell their items for? You don't like his prices then move on....
cuz I want to
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

submethod wrote:Is it not common to place your BIN really high and entertain offers? To me that seems like good business sense.
not really, if someone goes to search for something and puts a price limit in their serch criteria, say $200.00, this seller misses out, doesnt seem that smart in th first place. A smart seller would list it a price around or a little bit about EB averages and then entertain offers. For instance, as a buyer, I was immediatley turned off by the high prices and moved on. The object of sales is to draw customers in not turn them away. If I have a used car, lets go with a 95 grand prix, Im not going to list it for $20,000 and then entertain offers. Im going to list it at a price the car may be worth or it commonly goes for, maybe a little bit higher THEN entertain offers.
jwoods103
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by jwoods103 »

double post
Last edited by jwoods103 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

Prints_of_Thieves wrote:
submethod wrote:Is it not common to place your BIN really high and entertain offers? To me that seems like good business sense.
not really, if someone goes to search for something and puts a price limit in their serch criteria, say $200.00, this seller misses out, doesnt seem that smart in th first place. A smart seller would list it a price around or a little bit about EB averages and then entertain offers. For instance, as a buyer, I was immediatley turned off by the high prices and moved on. The object of sales is to draw customers in not turn them away. If I have a used car, lets go with a 95 grand prix, Im not going to list it for $20,000 and then entertain offers. Im going to list it at a price the car may be worth or it commonly goes for, maybe a little bit higher THEN entertain offers.
dude it only takes one person to hit a buy it now for a high price there are many more people out there that have no idea about this place and ebeans and what something is actually worth. Many many people list it high and have it purchased for a higher price
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

jwoods103 wrote:
Prints_of_Thieves wrote:
dude it only takes one person to hit a buy it now for a high price there are many more people out there that have no idea about this place and ebeans and what something is actually worth. Many many people list it high and have it purchased for a higher price
My thinking exactly.
guppy
Posse

Re:

Post by guppy »

I do this usually when I sell things on ebay.
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

guppy wrote:
I do this usually when I sell things on ebay.
Go Capitalism!
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

REALLY? Man, I gotta get with the times then.