Indian Pattern Set

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Indian Pattern Set

Post by SFSTRAT »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0487257226

Open to trading these for some Keyes work too.
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Re: Indian Pattern Set

Post by SFSTRAT »

23 hours left BUMP
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Attention!

This guy is a scammer.
Take note of his name on ebay and here and make sure to steer clear of entering into transactions with him.

I was the winning bidder on his ebay auction, he backed out of the transaction stating that he no longer had the prints and that he was in the middle of a trade with someone to get rid of them.
...so I was suspicious, I sent him a PM on here asking if he had another set available (excuse my shadiness here, but I was suspicious of this guy) and he replied telling me the buyer on ebay backed out and screwed him on ebay fees and that the prints were available for trade of any '06 or '07 prints or cash offers :roll:
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Seems like you're not the first one. GiantTarHeel had an issue last year with these:

http://www.forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic ... a&start=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Post by SFSTRAT »

ATTENTION!

Smartussi is a internet stalker.

The facts: Yes, I did back out of our eBay transaction because another forum member offered to trade me a print from 07' and then backed out. Unfortunately, I had already told smarty by this point that I couldn't do the transaction. I kindly explained to him the situation and told him eBay wouldn't allow me to cancel my auction with less than 12 hours left. I would have simply canceled it had eBay allowed me to do so. He continued to harass and stalk me online. This evident by his stalking me from eBay to here. He has done nothing but be shady (he clearly said this himself in the above message) and make rude comments and threats in the process. I have dealt with many people on here and EB and never once have had any complaints or problems with fellow members. If anything, I have gone to great lengths to help out people on this forum. An example of this can be seen when I went back to Pittsburgh and picked up several warhol prints and sold them to members at cost. All I asked for in return was an act of good faith in the future. Furthermore, as a seller on eBay, I have the right to sell or not sell an item. If its a problem, then it needs to be brought up with eBay and not this online community.

This is the message I sent to smartussi before he informed me of who he was:

"Unfortunately, the set on eBay was not sold. I began talking with another member who wanted to do a trade, but has since backed out. SO.....in the long run, I got screwed. eBay wouldn't let me close my auction, so I have to pay final value fees, and this member bailed out. I'm entertaining trade or cash offers. I'm really looking for Keyes work, or OBEY from 2007. Let me know your thoughts".

As you can see, I was completely honest with him, even before I knew he was the person from eBay.

Judge me if you want, but if anything. Mr. Smarty is being a DRAMA QUEEN!
smartussi
Giant

Re:

Post by smartussi »

SFSTRAT wrote:ATTENTION!

:lol:
SFSTRAT wrote:

"Unfortunately, the set on eBay was not sold. I began talking with another member who wanted to do a trade, but has since backed out. SO.....in the long run, I got screwed. eBay wouldn't let me close my auction, so I have to pay final value fees, and this member bailed out. I'm entertaining trade or cash offers. I'm really looking for Keyes work, or OBEY from 2007. Let me know your thoughts".

As you can see, I was completely honest with him, even before I knew he was the person from eBay.

...but the set did sell. To me.
...and you at this point where trying to see if you could get more for the set than the aution ended at
I do not call this honesty
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

...to add, I just brought this pyublicly to make sure you don't rip off or lie to anyone else who may be less informed on this board
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Dude youre unhappy with the price the auction ended at, learn a lesson use a reserve next time and complete the transaction. A completed ebay auction should be honored, its you that should be bringing the 12 hour thing up with ebay as you are unhappy about it. You listed them on ebay and are expected to play by ebay rules when doing so.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by SFSTRAT »

smartussi wrote:
SFSTRAT wrote:ATTENTION!

:lol:
SFSTRAT wrote:

...but the set did sell. To me.
...and you at this point where trying to see if you could get more for the set than the aution ended at
I do not call this honesty

I never tried to 'get more'. if anything, I was hoping to complete a trade for something I wanted. However, the other member fell through on his end of things. As for pulling the auction, yes, I wanted to, but couldn't. I've never had to pull an auction before, so I didn't know about the 12 hour limit thing. Lesson learned.
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Then why where you unwilling to complete the transaction
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

If it was on ebay, why were you trying to also trade it? Trade it or auction it, but you can't do both. Seems like once it is on ebay it is for sale. Any trade conversations really "should" have ceased once bids were received on the item. Doing otherwise indicates that you were never really serious about selling them and can have a negative impact on your reputation, as seems to be the case here.

Oh, and if you were exploring trades, adding a bump indicating the auction i ending soon to get more action on it is also a little shady.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Re:

Post by SFSTRAT »

bdavenport wrote:If it was on ebay, why were you trying to also trade it? Trade it or auction it, but you can't do both. Seems like once it is on ebay it is for sale. Any trade conversations really "should" have ceased once bids were received on the item. Doing otherwise indicates that you were never really serious about selling them and can have a negative impact on your reputation, as seems to be the case here.

Oh, and if you were exploring trades, adding a bump indicating the auction i ending soon to get more action on it is also a little shady.
As I stated, I was offered a trade after posting that bump, but before I could end the auction, I couldn't. Lesson learned.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

SHADY SFSTRAT! Good looking out smartussi!
SFSTRAT wrote: Lesson learned.
Yeah we learned about your shady dealings...... Not cool at all.....
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

Seems perfectly clear. You listed on eBay, you received a winning bid, you honor that bid at that price. Any offers for trade or cash after listing on eBay should be declined, unless you first end the auction early. If you did not or could not, you honor the winning bid. Period.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

SFSTRAT wrote:I never tried to 'get more'.

You sent this to me this morning:
j_pawlish1476 wrote:Regarding:
Indian Pattern Red 08 Fairey - Paster

Hey. Saw you were looking for these. I have the entire set (gold, red, black) the red and black are signed. I'm willing to sell the entire set for 375.00 Shipped. Let me know your thoughts.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

fail.
Our influence will be gigantic.
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

that is awesome
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Just curious, you have said "lesson learned" many times in this thread. I am curious what lesson that was. Don't be greedy? Or don't get caught?

I especially like how, after having an auction end and a trade fall through, you then "offered" them for $100 more than the auction closed for. i think this is EXACTLY why ebay offers reserve auctions. This is great stuff. You should write a book "How to lose friends and screw people: Being unethical in an ethical world". Any chance you have of making this right, and by making it right I mean maintaining any chance of doing business with folks on this board, you should give the prints to the auction winner for LESS than the auction closed for.

Oh, and sorry about how you are getting screwed by ebay fees. Couldn't have happened to a cooler cat.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by alwaysalx »

ca77 wrote:fail.
epic fail
'the best things in life, are not things!
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Why hasn't this loser been lit up with negative feedback yet? Clown needs to learn a lesson.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

can we stone him? please? please?
'the best things in life, are not things!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

smartussi wrote:Attention!

This guy is a scammer.
Take note of his name on ebay and here and make sure to steer clear of entering into transactions with him.

SFSTRAT = j_pawlish1476 on ebeans = abbywilcox76 on ebay (at least at the moment)
Last edited by cybernigel on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Weak!
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

admonkey wrote:
SFSTRAT wrote:I never tried to 'get more'.

You sent this to me this morning:
j_pawlish1476 wrote:Regarding:
Indian Pattern Red 08 Fairey - Paster

Hey. Saw you were looking for these. I have the entire set (gold, red, black) the red and black are signed. I'm willing to sell the entire set for 375.00 Shipped. Let me know your thoughts.
oh yeah definitely shady !

I had some PM exchange with him about these prints...

back in Dec '08
SFSTRAT wrote: [...] I have had numerous offers that were well over 400.00 for the set. Including someone wanting to trade me a signed HOPE. Let me know your thoughts. [...]
Have a nice day vvanker !

XXXX
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

woke up in the morning peculiar feeling, looked up and saw egg drippin' from the ceilin'...
on point like a decimalist?