Indian Pattern Set

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
BrickTop
Punk

Re: Indian Pattern Set

Post by BrickTop »

It's people like you SFSTRAT who keep more people like me away from forums like this. Just too many shady people.
ArseSniffer
Punk

Post by ArseSniffer »

Hey BrickTop,

How many pigs does it take to make SFSTRAT disappear?
BrickTop
Punk

Re:

Post by BrickTop »

ArseSniffer wrote:Hey BrickTop,

How many pigs does it take to make SFSTRAT disappear?
You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting.....
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

BrickTop wrote:It's people like you SFSTRAT who keep more people like me away from forums like this. Just too many shady people.
Your loss. We do a pretty decent job of admin, mod and membership self-policing here.

And I'll also point out this non-transaction took place on eBay.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

admonkey wrote:
BrickTop wrote:It's people like you SFSTRAT who keep more people like me away from forums like this. Just too many shady people.
Your loss. We do a pretty decent job of admin, mod and membership self-policing here.

definitely lots of unshady folk around these parts
on point like a decimalist?
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Post by SFSTRAT »

Everyone on this forum is guilty of flipping and being shady at times. I know I've run into my fair share on here and EB. Do you know why people are like this? Because their capitalists, who like art and money. We all sell art, so we can get more art. If this wasn't the case everyone on here would sell things at face value. Yeah, like that's going to happen. Ohhhhhh wait a minute, I sold multiple warhol prints that I got from Pittsburgh for face value. Could have flipped them, but I didn't. Instead i decided to go the extra mile and give them to people who REALLY wanted them. All I asked for in return was some good faith in the future.

I honestly love how people gang up like rabid animals. Its kind of interesting. Yet really, you don't even know me. You've never dealt with me personally. All people are doing is fueling a fire and throwing their two cents in so they can feel like their part of something bigger (this community). Cause following and bashing people is all the rage! Its the coolest thing ever! WOW! Talk about reverting back to your adolescent days. Furthermore, I've had nothing but great trades and sales on here and EB. Yes, I'm at fault for this eBay problem. However, I've said that about twenty times and took my lashings about 3 pages ago. I'm willing to give smartussi a discount on these, yet he hasn't responded to my messages. If he doesn't do so within the next 24 hours, then there going back up on eBay, simple as that. Actually, I'll list them as a .99 cent auction, with no reserve. They sell, they sell. No trades, no BS. You get them for cheap, then you get them for cheap. Time to put an end to this.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

SFSTRAT wrote: Time to put an end to this.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

whyhoo wrote:
admonkey wrote:

definitely lots of unshady folk around these parts
I would echo that. Most of the people I have dealt with, traded with, talked with are really cool folks.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

SFSTRAT wrote:Everyone on this forum is guilty of flipping and being shady at times.
Not true and not helping.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by SFSTRAT »

cybernigel wrote:
SFSTRAT wrote:Everyone on this forum is guilty of flipping and being shady at times.
Actually very true. Have had plenty of run-ins with my share of shady folks on here. Should I start mentioning names? Is that really going to make things more productive?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

SFSTRAT wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
Actually very true at all. Have had plenty of run-ins with my share of shady folks on here. Should I start mentioning names? Is that really going to make things more productive?
No, it's not true at all. Just because you've had "plenty of run-ins" (and I don't doubt that) doesn't mean that "every one on this forum is guilty of flipping and being shady." And if you really think that, then why are you continuing to try to do deals here?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Post by SFSTRAT »

As I said, there are run-ins. However, I've personally avoided these members and have dealt only with few people who I know from EB that are on here as well.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

cybernigel wrote:
Odd. Im not shady on here or in real life and I like to think thats the way of most people on here.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

avoid disappointment and future regret
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

SFSTRAT wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
Actually very true. Have had plenty of run-ins with my share of shady folks on here. Should I start mentioning names? Is that really going to make things more productive?
Actually not true at all.... i've never once sold a print to anyone for profit. the only time i've sold anything was to a good friend who really wanted an obey print, so i sold him two prints AT COST (This Machine Kills Fascists & Peace Bomber Black). so your accusation of "everyone on this forum is guilty of flipping" is completely false and actually insulting.

not only have i not flipped a print but i've sent stuff to other forum members for nothing (and i currently have to mail out some clear obey stickers to someone on this board who knows who they are :) )

word of advice: just stop talking. you keep digging yourself into a deeper hole every time you try to justify what you did or deflect the blame onto someone else.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

admonkey wrote:

+1

AdMonkey and all the mods do a top notch job at keeping the sanity in line here. i have yet to come across another forum online that is as good at self-policing and keeping things in organized and civil as here.
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

fribhey wrote:
admonkey wrote:

+1

AdMonkey and all the mods do a top notch job at keeping the sanity in line here. i have yet to come across another forum online that is as good at self-policing and keeping things in organized and civil as here.
Ironic.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Id like to add iv had numerous great transactions with folk on here, selling and buying.

I have also hooked people up at no profit and even payed postage before and asked for nothing back. Iv also been lucky enough for people to have done this for me also.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

SFSTRAT wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
Not to beat a dead flipper, but you're letting the heated words wilt your brain. Like many others, I've never sold a print on this forum or anywhere. Bought plenty from OG, Forum members and eBay. I've got nothing against flipping at all. Folks are free to sell whatever whenever, IMO. Just deal honestly, and that goes for all sellers and buyers. It's not complicated or confusing. Play straight, deal fairly and all is good. Otherwise, caveat flipper.
BigBp0057
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by BigBp0057 »

SFSTRAT wrote:You've never dealt with me personally.
No but Smartussi has, he won the auction, you should have sent him the prints. I am glad folks step up and call this stuff out because it acts as a better business bureau for print collecting. So here's to you Smartussi!

I have bought from members and sold to members and I tell you what it takes a lot of trust to paypal someone you have never meet or dealt with $5-$600 on their word but I have done it many times and it has worked out well every time. I have never had a problem buying or selling here, I have however had trouble with ebayers, non disclosed damage and misleading listings. I feel safer buying prints here than anywhere besides OG.com. This is a great community and I am happy to be a contributing member of it.
#1 ISO Visual Disobedience 04, #2 ISO Guns & Roses 18x24
Obey Prints For Sale: http://www.obeygiantprints.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
guyute73
Posse

Post by guyute73 »

You should stop calling people flippers, because at this point, your actions are making flippers look GREAT!
maden
Punk

Post by maden »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0489757344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can get the patterns even cheaper now. what a deal!
we'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

maden wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0489757344

ahhhhhhhh!!! your avatar is even bigger over here!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
on point like a decimalist?
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

maden wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0489757344

but the gold version is not part of the set now...

XXXX
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

wait. this guy has 83% positive feedback and we are surprised that this went down?